Battle of Hastings 1066 Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Should Hastings be given a go as a starting half in the NRL side?

• Total voters

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Now we know what's been going on, having seen TB's presser this morning, I'm both amazed and saddened. It just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover.

We could really have used Hastings, now more than ever, and its a damn shame @:cry: I still think he wasn't given a proper chance since coming to Manly and for that reason, I don't entirely blame him for what's happened.

I really hope JH comes out of this OK as it must affect his mental state. I also hope our team moves on from this and starts playing to the best of their abilities, which they certainly didn't do on Sunday, without JH.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
Owner of The Boardroom strip club in Gladstone has confirmed to @7NewsSydney that @SeaEagles players were at the establishment in the hours prior to DCE-Hastings hotel room brawl. CCTV showed no evidence of misbehaviour but hostilities escalated upon return to the hotel. https://t.co/PW7ATersNy

View attachment 8093

Another Manly Boardroom #crisis :rofl:

Why the **** would a strip club owner disclose the identity of his paying customers to the media especially when they did absolutely nothing wrong.

Absolute tool.

brad

First Grader
Owner of The Boardroom strip club in Gladstone has confirmed to @7NewsSydney that @SeaEagles players were at the establishment in the hours prior to DCE-Hastings hotel room brawl. CCTV showed no evidence of misbehaviour but hostilities escalated upon return to the hotel. https://t.co/PW7ATersNy

View attachment 8093

Another Manly Boardroom #crisis :rofl:
If that was walking up my steps it would be worth the crisis.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Why the **** would a strip club owner disclose the identity of his paying customers to the media especially when they did absolutely nothing wrong.

Absolute tool.
Free publicity :happy:

Gladstone is a FIFO mining town which would require a few strip clubs and an associated service industry :nerd:

Surprised Manly would let their players frequent these establishments on away games.
Just asking for scandals :tmi:

Hope Ritchie interviews the Manly WAGS next :devil:
#crisis

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
Now we know what's been going on, having seen TB's presser this morning, I'm both amazed and saddened. It just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover.

We could really have used Hastings, now more than ever, and its a damn shame @:cry: I still think he wasn't given a proper chance since coming to Manly and for that reason, I don't entirely blame him for what's happened.

I really hope JH comes out of this OK as it must affect his mental state. I also hope our team moves on from this and starts playing to the best of their abilities, which they certainly didn't do on Sunday, without JH.
He's only 22. Like our own Turbo there was a lot of hype about him at a young age.
If JH applies himself, gets help and listens to advice he's got at least 10 playing years left. He might be the comeback kid one day.
Good luck Jackson.

It's fine that you don't like the coach.
I do disagree about the leaks to the media. The media was pressing for information. At the presser Cherry was questioned and Barrett shut it down.
This is how I interpret it. Several previous incidents had happened with Hastings since he signed with Manly. Then Gladstone happened with Cherry, becoming the final straw. Hastings gets cut. The story fast became clickbait with everyone having an opinion, including legitimate mental health concerns for a young player. DCE being involved makes it an bigger story.
Barrett has a presser and explains the support in place for Hastings listing documented incidents over the past 18 months. It didn't sound like it was BS.
The thing that frustrates me most about the current situation is that the players were at a strip joint in Gladstone after a loss. I know it's a bloke thing but it's a bad look for the club and we don't need any more bad.

I don't not like Twenty, nor have I ever posted that we should remove him.
No Manly player should be seen in a strip club during the season. Win or lose.

DCE should never have gone to anyones room @ 1AM to sort out issues.
Jackson obviously has problems.

Manly are losing what little is left of their credibility everyday, and we are now a lol thread in every newspaper and fan site in the Country.

MadMarcus

Toovey for NRL CEO
No Manly player should be seen in a strip club during the season.

Not quite sure what the difference is between going in season or in the off season? The players lives don’t stop for 9 months of the year.

If there’s a footy team on a road trip to the sticks and there’s a strip club there it shouldn’t exactly be a surprise that the footy players ended up at the strippers...

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
I don't not like Twenty, nor have I ever posted that we should remove him.
No Manly player should be seen in a strip club during the season. Win or lose.

DCE should never have gone to anyones room @ 1AM to sort out issues.
Jackson obviously has problems.

Manly are losing what little is left of their credibility everyday, and we are now a lol thread in every newspaper and fan site in the Country.
Can't disagree with this EF.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18