Aaron Woods

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
boyd, vaughan, james, klemmer, paulo, just to name a few, all offer more in attack and defense, plus we dont need a prop that would be upwards of 700k and asking to start week in week out when we have taupau, fonua blake, lussick and more. would prefer a gun second rower as said above.

I think woods would definitely be an asset to our side, he makes great metres and plenty of offloads, however, spending money on another prop would be a waste considering the depth we have in that department at the moment. I agree that the money would be far better utilized aquiring the services of a gun second rower

I think woods would definitely be an asset to our side, he makes great metres and plenty of offloads, however, spending money on another prop would be a waste considering the depth we have in that department at the moment. I agree that the money would be far better utilized aquiring the services of a gun second rower
Yeah our prop stocks are fine - specially with BJ regaining probably career best form. That said James Graham looks likely to be offloaded as the Dogs are hotter for Woodsy than we are. And the Dogs will be heavily subsidizing Graham's wage for 2018 if he does go. Handy bench player/backup for cheap $$$

If woods signed for 700k or less i would be more than happy. We dont have quality depth in the front row. We need a good starting prop to partner lussick, which then gives us the option to play Marty in the back row and have a very formidable pack.

Still surprised we didn't go after Vaughan. He is killing it and only on 600k. Probably didn't have the funds at the time. But we need another decent starting prop and i would be going hard for asofa solomona. He would be perfect on the bench to replace marty in stints. Absolutely huge with massive potential. That would be a great pack for our backs to work off.

If woods signed for 700k or less i would be more than happy. We dont have quality depth in the front row. We need a good starting prop to partner lussick, which then gives us the option to play Marty in the back row and have a very formidable pack.

Still surprised we didn't go after Vaughan. He is killing it and only on 600k. Probably didn't have the funds at the time. But we need another decent starting prop and i would be going hard for asofa solomona. He would be perfect on the bench to replace marty in stints. Absolutely huge with massive potential. That would be a great pack for our backs to work off.

So which props do you suggest we cut loose to improve the quality of our front row?

Marty would be lussick's starting front row partner, the idea that he would be better off in the back row does my head in.

boyd, vaughan, james, klemmer, paulo, just to name a few, all offer more in attack and defense, plus we dont need a prop that would be upwards of 700k and asking to start week in week out when we have taupau, fonua blake, lussick and more. would prefer a gun second rower as said above.

Paulo offers just as much in defence? Paulo plays about 30 mins a game and his defence is average at best. He makes a couple of power runs a game, but he is so far inferior to Woods it's not funny.

You've got 4 other blokes there who wouldn't come cheap either.

I agree that we need a top quality second rower before a front rower, but the exaggeration by some in this thread in regards to Woods lack of ability is ridiculous.

Paulo offers just as much in defence? Paulo plays about 30 mins a game and his defence is average at best. He makes a couple of power runs a game, but he is so far inferior to Woods it's not funny.

I agree that we need a top quality second rower before a front rower, but the exaggeration by some in this thread in regards to Woods lack of ability is ridiculous.
Stats are quality this year for Woods - https://www.totalfootystats.com.au/nrl-player-stats/wests-tigers/aaron-woods#.WNsz0jQ8bCQ

I don't believe for a minute that the dogs are silly enough to pay $1mil for Woodsy. Parra yes but not the dogs.

If woods had a shave , lost the chicks hairband, cut his hair and wiped that stupid grin off his face maybe , but not for a mil not even close . Mark Carroll, brent kite he aint.

fair point on the paulo call, regardless all of the other props are better than him... and his price range would be upwards of 700k. also our defense seems pretty solid as of late... so in regards to your paulo comment, i feel his impact would still be of better use than having woods run up the guts and never bend the line for the whole game. just a thought though.

If woods had a shave , lost the chicks hairband, cut his hair and wiped that stupid grin off his face maybe , but not for a mil not even close . Mark Carroll, brent kite he aint.
I dislike that headband and the "footy show" grin.

I dislike that headband and the "footy show" grin.
Just my opinion snake but i dont really rate him mate, he loves the camera and attention . We'd be better off going for a hardened prop on a third of the coin . Not a show pony .

Just my opinion snake but i dont really rate him mate, he loves the camera and attention . We'd be better off going for a hardened prop on a third of the coin . Not a show pony .
I am torn...in one respect I think we need a proven metre eater to balance the aggression that we have with Lussick, Kapow and AFB, but at the same time I don't like Aaron Woods persona...the guy strikes me as a bit of a clown and that sort of nonsense has always suited the Tigers (Gibbs, Fulton, Beau Ryan, etc). It doesn't have a place at Manly.

His partner Tim grant outshone him on Sunday, and they still lost. Two tries by backs up the guts.

I don't think manly should bother.

Marty would be lussick's starting front row partner, the idea that he would be better off in the back row does my head in.

Have to say I agree. We know Marty can play 80 minutes in the back row, but we also know that it can blunt his effectiveness. Playing him for 20-30 minutes each half as a front rower suits his power game much more. He also gives us a much stronger defense up the middle of the park when at prop.

I am torn...in one respect I think we need a proven metre eater to balance the aggression that we have with Lussick, Kapow and AFB, but at the same time I don't like Aaron Woods persona...the guy strikes me as a bit of a clown and that sort of nonsense has always suited the Tigers (Gibbs, Fulton, Beau Ryan, etc). It doesn't have a place at Manly.
I think Marty, Lussick and AFB are consistent enough with their yardage for us not to need someone in Woods' mould.

I think Marty, Lussick and AFB are consistent enough with their yardage for us not to need someone in Woods' mould.
They are quality props however if one of them is injured or suspended we are short on depth and Marty has a bit of a reputation
Lawrence probably only has one more year in him.
If we lose a couple of props then another Souths performance is only around the corner.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8