Aaron Woods

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I like the Paseka signing. I'd rather that we didn't blow our cap getting into a bidding war over established forwards who are commanding the big bucks.

For the kind of money you'd spend on a Graham, Woods, Scott or Tamou type - you could buy three or four promising up and comers, one of whom would probably turn out to be at least close enough in ability to the types mentioned above.

We've already got Taupau, so I don't think we really have the luxury of continuing to chase blue chip props at the expense of the balance of the entire roster.

If you're talking about James Graham then I agree, however I wouldn't spend a cent on Wade Graham if that's who you're referring to. Call me mad but I cannot understand all the hype about this guy!

For 2017 Woods is 3rd for all run metres for forwards with 657m behind only Gallen and Bolton at an average of 164.25m per game

He is 2nd for all forward for hitups made with 68 behind only Gallen proving he is a work horse

If we were to compare him statistically to Jake in 2017 who I think we all agree is amazing we get

Woods averaging 17 runs per game to Jakes 9.5
Woods averaging 164.25m per game to Jakes 93
Jakes 9.78m per run to Woods 9.66
Jakes 40 tackles a game to Woods 27
They both make 1.5 offloads a game

For mine both great players but to many here Woods is a myth………..
I wouldnt pay a mil for him but you have got to think he runs those sort of stats at the tigs he may be even more effective in a stable environment, one he grew up loving perhaps, he was a big fan of ian roberts throw him in as a package deal

I like the Paseka signing. I'd rather that we didn't blow our cap getting into a bidding war over established forwards who are commanding the big bucks.

For the kind of money you'd spend on a Graham, Woods, Scott or Tamou type - you could buy three or four promising up and comers, one of whom would probably turn out to be at least close enough in ability to the types mentioned above.

We've already got Taupau, so I don't think we really have the luxury of continuing to chase blue chip props at the expense of the balance of the entire roster.
This. We can't be chasing players that end up being bigger than the club. We've got a group of players that are doing what they've been told to do really well. We've built this camaraderie so let's promote it instead of shifting our focus to the big names.

Winterstein and Siro have been doing a great job holding up their edges which is what they've been asked to do. I don't think either of them could have defended as well as they did if Barrett hadn't shown them some loyalty himself.

Last edited:
I'd have to disagree with Marty. AFB might not be running triple figures every week but Marty is far and away our best forward besides Lussick. I'd even go as far as to say he's one of the best forwards in the game today. He has been consistently above 150 m every week and adds aggression in defence.

I do like Woods and would love to have him here at Manly but I also think that our current first choice forwards are doing a damn good job.
i didn't explain myself properly. I am huge Taupau fan and he is my favourite forward in the game today but I don't think of him as a metre eater. There are plenty of games where he narrowly cracks 100m because he doesn't have the best motor...he provides huge impact and is a real game changer but players like Woods and Graham tuck it under there arm for long periods in the game and just keeps churning out the yards...its probably just perspective and statistically they are probably not poles apart

We probably have a fair few players we're still paying after all we've signed and release a million guys these past few years.

Anyone see Woods on 360 last night defending "apparent" top bloke Matt Lodge? What a deadset moron.

Plenty of "top blokes" have come undone on the sauce ,wasnt the first & definately wont be the last...

Anyone see Woods on 360 last night defending "apparent" top bloke Matt Lodge? What a deadset moron.
Lodge has to pay a $1.9million dollar Civil Court penalty for attempting to kill 2 women and the Family that tried to help them @:cool:

If the NRL think that '4th time lucky' applies, then they are tarnishing their multi billion dollar brand knowingly :confused:

Lodge has to pay a $1.9million dollar Civil Court penalty for attempting to kill 2 women and the Family that tried to help them @:cool:

If the NRL think that '4th time lucky' applies, then they are tarnishing their multi billion dollar brand knowingly :confused:
I hate agreeing with PK but he was spot on about how if you're stupid enough to give an idiot like that his 4th chance, Brisbane in the WORST club to do it because of their history of covering up bad behaviour.

I wonder what powers a US civil judgement has over a citizen in a foreign country? Can Lodge ignore it, and just never travel back to the US?
I dare say he may have to Lodge an appeal.

I wonder what powers a US civil judgement has over a citizen in a foreign country? Can Lodge ignore it, and just never travel back to the US?
No

We have reciprocal/extradition treaty with the US

I am amazed that he was allowed to return in the first place. Must have had a great lawyer

Think of the Kiddies NRL :swear:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...e/news-story/a2d6933699c78b716562c466cf0c9ffc

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/...s/news-story/6996cf3717a4dd3d2a9de92f23a776c9

Yep - pretty sure Wayne Bennet doesnt pay his props over a certain amount in principle (400k perhaps) and I have to agree it's a smart strategy. For mine a blue chip 2nd rower is what we lack (although the current ones are going good). Not sure how many are on the market?

This is a US civil judgement so I don't think it would have prevented him from traveling back here.
As to the actual terms of the judgement, it's a case of how much blood you can get out of a stone, unless they have already agreed to a repayment schedule which is very likely considering on how quickly his criminal charges were downgraded, if not, then his creditors would have to apply for a judgement here to instigate bankruptcy procedures.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8