Aaron Woods

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Lyonstomenzies

Bencher
Premium Member
With the Tigpies going poorly and Woods off contract at the end of the year, could we possibly lure him over the bridge?

I know he was a big Manly fan as kid and it must be hard for him playing at a club in a worse position back of house than ours.

If the Tigpies decide that Moses, Brooks and Tedesco are more the future then the offer to Woods might be lower than expected.

Enter Bozo perhaps?

I for one would be very happy if we could get this one across the line.

Woods gets good stats, but has no aggression in his game. His hit ups and tackles are largely ineffectual in that anyone could do them, so why pay 600 000 plus for him to do it.

He was a much better player when he hit the line hard and offloaded at will. Now he just lumbers around. And i can't remember the last time I saw him use his shoulder and size in a tackle.

No thanks. I like what we got in our props. We need a great second rower

Rate him but I doubt it.
They will work it so Taylor gets the shaft and payten gets the gold mine.
Or the land mine that is tigers head coaching job.
We might end up with Taylor.....
Eeeerrrgghh.

Woods is no myth he does what a prop does and does it very well, people only want highlight reel players these days

I believe Woods was second to only Papalii today for metres after contact....in a well beaten side that is worth noting

Woods is no myth he does what a prop does and does it very well, people only want highlight reel players these days

I believe Woods was second to only Papalii today for metres after contact....in a well beaten side that is worth noting

Your first paragraph is exactly my point. He does what a prop does, so why pay the freight on a current club captain and rep player, when most props offer what he does currently? Woods doesn't play with as much purpose as he should, he is so slow and I'm surprised by that stat as I watched the game and I thought he was well below his usual standard.

Not a sensible purchase in my mind, and if we signed the dickfingered burgess twins, that would be even worse.

Ben matulino is the prop I would be looking at.

You misunderstand me joeboy, I'm saying he does the function of a front rower better than almost all other front rowers

Woods is a myth in a sense that media and his pay packet put him up in the top echelon of props when realistically he is just a run of the mill front rower.He's a someone I describe as a "CH9 player."One who has a bit of personality and a distinctive feature that makes him stand out and helps promote the game but deep down is no better than your average prop.I certainly wouldn't be spending overs to sign him

I 100% disagree but hey that is footy, Woods takes the hard hitups and there is quality in everything he does much like matt scott

But people would prefer someone like Klemmer who at this stage is an inferior player but has the body type and fiery attitude that makes fans froth

Your first paragraph is exactly my point. He does what a prop does, so why pay the freight on a current club captain and rep player, when most props offer what he does currently? Woods doesn't play with as much purpose as he should, he is so slow and I'm surprised by that stat as I watched the game and I thought he was well below his usual standard.

Not a sensible purchase in my mind, and if we signed the dickfingered burgess twins, that would be even worse.

Ben matulino is the prop I would be looking at.

Apart from injury prone - I agree.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8