Aaron Woods

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You misunderstand me joeboy, I'm saying he does the function of a front rower better than almost all other front rowers

Nope, I don't misunderstand you, I just don't agree with you. 3 years ago I would've taken him in a heartbeat, but he has largely stagnated, or worse, gone backwards. I saw not much in the way of intent form him today, and haven't for sometime. He is as slow as a wet weak.

He may be better than a lot of other props, but is that incremental improvement over other players worth the 300 000 grand extra he would cost than an honest toiler? One who makes their tackles and takes their 12 hit ups a game? The elite forward money is much better spent on second rowers In My opinion. The only elite props in the game currently are Matt Scott, Jesse Bromwich, Fifita. They are worth big money, but they are also not available.

Ben matulino, Jordan McLean or villiame kikau would be better additions or emerging players like Alex twai, pat vaivai, nat butcher or myriad warriors juniors would present much better value in our pack than woods. Our props are more than serviceable at the moment, well, when they are not injured or suspended. We desperately need a strike second rower.

Can we? Yes, Will we? I hope so.

He is a great player although there are plenty of great players off contract, he'll likely be one we'd be pursuing. If Siro or Winterstein don't work out then I'd also go for a quality second-rower. Gavin cooper comes to mind, although this is a wish list

Your first paragraph is exactly my point. He does what a prop does, so why pay the freight on a current club captain and rep player, when most props offer what he does currently? Woods doesn't play with as much purpose as he should, he is so slow and I'm surprised by that stat as I watched the game and I thought he was well below his usual standard.

Not a sensible purchase in my mind, and if we signed the dickfingered burgess twins, that would be even worse.

Ben matulino is the prop I would be looking at.
matalino is no good any more. He always makes mistakes haven't seen him play maybe injured I don't know or can't he make the 17? not many options in the forwards all expensive and not worth it . anyone know who won man of match in our game?

Woods on 550 would be a good buy he looked frustrated with his team tonight. We need to replace myles soon . woods is big can offload and makes good meters. him and lussick. afb Lawrence on bench. when's Josh Jackson off contract? we need a hard working 2nd rower he can come with Des when he returns

You need a balanced forward pack. You cannot play a bunch of impact props with the other guys to take some load off.

Woods with Klemmer/Tamou in origin for example.

Both Lussick and AFB are impact props as is Perrett at this stage of his career. BJ, Myles and Jake are the long minutes, great defense big motor types that allow the others to do their jobs in attack. Marty T has been used in both roles or in the back row and is a bit of an enigma in that respect.

Woods would fill the void of BJ and Myles who don't have too much more in them and do it better then either by far.

Would I like him here - oh F yeah but as always it comes down to how much and can you afford to pay Woods and Myles?

If Conchita is on the market I say we make a play for him. He's a great player, great leader and has the best hair in the NRL

Yes but Bennett says Kent makes up stories so not sure if I can believe it :)

Hahahahahahaha

Fkn Bennett

But yeh if we can snag Conchita that would be great

I mentioned in another thread a few days ago that the Dogs are chasing the Tigers "small 4" and it's obviously splashed all over the media now. The most recent report has the Dogs offering Aaron Woods around 1mil a season. My question to you fellow posters is this; should we try and match the Dogs deal and attempt to lure Woods to the northern beaches or should we opt out of the fight?

Personally, I think we should be chasing him hard and matching the 1mil a year. The cap keeps going up and I think a big metre eater like Woods is just what the doctor ordered. We have some big aggressive types, but Woods would be our no nonsense rock in the middle of the park who simply eats up the yards and thus Taupau can play on the edge currently operated by Winterstein.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8