Aaron Woods

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Weren't we giving Shaun Lane a million a year extension after that 5 minutes against the cowboys @:D@:D@:D

I’ve said it once and I’ll say it again, people don’t rate Woods because he is not a highlight reel player and he does not have the “right body type”, they are the same people who froth over Shaun Lane because he is big and can bust the line

Woods is an extremely good front rower and I would love to have him (though not at 1mil per season)

For 2017 Woods is 3rd for all run metres for forwards with 657m behind only Gallen and Bolton at an average of 164.25m per game

He is 2nd for all forward for hitups made with 68 behind only Gallen proving he is a work horse

If we were to compare him statistically to Jake in 2017 who I think we all agree is amazing we get

Woods averaging 17 runs per game to Jakes 9.5
Woods averaging 164.25m per game to Jakes 93
Jakes 9.78m per run to Woods 9.66
Jakes 40 tackles a game to Woods 27
They both make 1.5 offloads a game

For mine both great players but to many here Woods is a myth………..

If the dogs are offering woods $1m a season then their problems are waaaaaay way worse than their dessie issue lol@doggies

Woods averaging 17 runs per game to Jakes 9.5
Woods averaging 164.25m per game to Jakes 93
Jakes 9.78m per run to Woods 9.66
Jakes 40 tackles a game to Woods 27
They both make 1.5 offloads a game
Interesting.
Woods would be a sensational signing for next year, and I don't really care what we pay him, other people are paid to work out those complicated issues.

ps - in a couple of our games we had virtually no ball, pretty hard to make runs or metres without the ball!

He's a good player but hardly a game changer, a million a season is a joke.

Worth looking at though if the price is right.

Not for a Million a year.

The only 2 forwards I would pay 1m a season for are Jake turbo and Jason taumolo.

Id say 650 a season is the most we should pay.
Jake, at this stage is not worth one million, Taumolo, yes, probably along with Bromwich.
Jake plays a different style to the one that will attract the really big dollars.

Jake, at this stage is not worth one million, Taumolo, yes, probably along with Bromwich.
Jake plays a different style to the one that will attract the really big dollars.
I agree that he is not worth a million but I have changed my mind about him lately.

I was a little underwhelmed with him last season because he wasn't much of a running threat and I thought he would develop into one based off his form during 2015...

But I have noticed how his line speed and defence lifts the entire side and is a massive factor in us playing well. He has also started showing some good ball skills, offloads, and obviously the switch play with Daly and Tom that set up that beautiful try on the weekend.

I'd say he will command some big dollars but if he's asking a mill a year then it's a pass from me. Woodsy does have wonderful hair though

IMG_2388.JPG

I'd like to know who these other Props are that are better than or equal to Woods. Apparently there are plenty, wouldn't mind seeing some names.

I'd like to know who these other Props are that are better than or equal to Woods. Apparently there are plenty, wouldn't mind seeing some names.

I don't think the issue is his quantity, that's in no doubt. It's just the price attached!

woods is a soft cock. i would be very suprised if he stays as nsw and australia's prop in the coming years with all the young guns coming through... as all of them are miles ahead of him (e.g. jake t). has no impact only a motor... and a soft one at that.

boyd, vaughan, james, klemmer, paulo, just to name a few, all offer more in attack and defense, plus we dont need a prop that would be upwards of 700k and asking to start week in week out when we have taupau, fonua blake, lussick and more. would prefer a gun second rower as said above.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6