A message to the panic merchants and dummy spitters.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My goodness. I am sitting here in the beautiful Blue Mountains with four other fellas (all Panthers supporters,) scrolling back through historical posts, and we're LAUGHING our backsides off. Much more entertaining than watching South's.

My goodness. I am sitting here in the beautiful Blue Mountains with four other fellas (all Panthers supporters,) scrolling back through historical posts, and we're LAUGHING our backsides off. Much more entertaining than watching South's.
I don’t know about Blue Pill or Red Pill or Green Pill or even Black Pill but there’s a few on here that need a “ chill pill”.

Whilst entertaining , it’s also the reason why people drift away from ST.

I just laugh , and scroll on , but many don’t like it !!

By the way @Red Pill my quote above was NOT a shot at you.

I simply used the “ pill” analogy as I think a chill pill is what you all need!!

But it’s ok , I can take an angry face !!

Water off a ducks back.

By the way @Red Pill my quote above was NOT a shot at you.

I simply used the “ pill” analogy as I think a chill pill is what you all need!!

But it’s ok , I can take an angry face !!

Water off a ducks back.
Hey Mark, I just sent you a PM on that one. Yes I get your joke. 😀.
Obviously you did not get mine. I have no reason to be shooting across your bow. Apologies if it seems that way.
Today I have played in the mud so now it is time for me to take a bath and that chill pill.😀

Or take it personal, which is one of your strengths. Something I'd like to subscribe to more.
Yep I never take it personal

I understand people disagree with me , that’s fine .

I’m probably more negative than positive and that can anger people , but that’s just me !!

I can handle loses, but not when we play like that. It was terrible,
Not a single Positive could be drawn

It’s not that we lost, it’s how we lost. We look unfit, slow, unmotivated, non caring. We don’t look coached and we don’t look like we can or want to turn out form around.

If you arnt concerned by what we dished up, you just arnt watching what’s happening and how poor
It is.
The minute they started paying them the same for a win or a loss is when the care factor changed

No intention of firing away. I imagine we both love Manly and want to win the comp every year. I respect your opinion, i just dont agree with it nor like having it shoved down my throat every 23 seconds on every thread after a loss.

I still think Des is one of the best 5 coaches in the game. (Bellamy, Bennett, Cleary, Robinson). Although of those 5 hes probably been the slowest to adapt to the yearly rule changes.

I think hes been handcuffed by contracts/cap penalties that were in place before he arrived e.g. DCE, Marty. Then further extreme bad luck with the Fainu situation. He made the right call in letting Api go and promoting Manase to his starting hooker. How would he possibly know what was to come?

Given the handicaps hes had to work with to make the 2nd week of the finals in 19 and the prelim last year has been an amazing effort.

I agree with your sentiments on some of the other threads that the squad is unbalanced. I think everyone would agree we need an elite hooker, centre and front rower to win the comp from where we are at the moment. Of the players available on the market, i would love to know who we could sign for those positions? Hence Des manufacturing what he can from who is available.

Also agree with you on Cust over Croker and some of the other selections made, including Harper over Koula for long parts of this season. The problem is many of the players in who are regular first graders in reality should be back ups/fringe players and regardless of the choice the players available couldnt be considered "elite".

Generally under Des I think we have been trending towards being a regular top 4 side, even if the start of this year has been punctuated by injuries and inconsistencies. 2019 we beat Melb, Canberra and Souths (3/4 of that years top 4), 2020 we beat Roosters, Canberra and Parramatta (3 of the top 5 that year), last year we were in the top 4.
How dare you bring common sense to this argument agree 100%

When your loosing everything is dire and you start looking for fixes
When your winning no need to worry about anything
I think Manly had a false hope by the way they finished last season , but as it’s turned out the deficiency in the team has raised its head again ,Can they turn it around amongst this doom and gloom maybe Des will be all over it has he got the plan for it though
But one thing is for sure Des isn’t responsible for dropped balls passes going amiss letting a kick off go dead I could go on
The fact is Manly is not good enough to match it with the top teams at the moment and will win games and loose games , Clubs go through cycles and Manly have been successful in the past and will be again there are teams out there who haven’t won a comp in more years than Manly , So don’t forget you have the ride the good times with the bad
If you want to be a footy supporter

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4