A message to the panic merchants and dummy spitters.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I agree with Ryan’s last post. Tom’s not 100 percent, obvious to all, so why play him?
Jake needs to be told, obvious, so why hasn’t he been told? Keppie needs to be calm, so why hasn’t that been addressed? I could go on and on. So I think Des needs to address these issues. A coach is there to get the best out of players. I haven’t seen that for a while.

Hey buddy, you don’t care about girls etc you are just pathetic enough to we

i don’t take it personally but I see petty people like you put themselves up on a pedestal virtue signalling about these things to put themselves above other people. It pretty pathetic. Gee I guess you think we should ban Benny hill and the Paul hogan show or even the old footy show when fatty and co dressed up as women? Nah you just want to weaponise your sensibility when it suits. Btw I deleted the post. I think people like you are even worse than @Ryan as he is openly a buffoon where you pretend to be something better. You are full of crap buddy. Who needs “soup” and the other trolls when we have you and Ryan.

WTF

Mate, stop having a go at everyone, PLEASE. We've moved on, and most are back trying to have sensible debates about Des and the team.

Just ride off I to the sunset with 47. Tip your hat, click those heels and just ride on bro.

Let the adults talk about footy again. Go create some more cyclones. Frank is 100% the supporter you are, and you know you'd not say these things to his face ...so just relax.

Isn't there a Jack De Belin thread somewhere for you to muse over? Why are you here when you are a Dragons supporter anyways?
What is wrong with you? . You fight at some point with just about everyone. I have come across countless of your dummy spits with other silvertails during the years. You are a unbelievable hypocrite. My goodness please seek help.

I think Des was an elite coach. One of his best traits is that he can extract performance out of a fringe first grader, and get them to excel (Hall, Rose, Bryant, Cuthbertson and many others).

Another positive trait is he definitely demands respect from those around him (from his teaching days I guess). You don't hear about much infighting or disharmony between the board and him (generally). So that's great too.

He's very thorough (with the first grade squad), and his players know exactly what is expected of them.

He's loyal to a fault. If a player is out of form, they literally have to crap the bed to lose their spots in the team.

Now, on the flipside, he's very old school. This is just my opinion, but he has a system and gameplan and he sticks to that. I'm a firm believer that the best modern coaches adapt to the opposition , and it doesn't appear we do that well, particularly defensively. A holding defensive line that doesn't pressure their kickers gives the opposition both time and momentum (hence the oft point of difference in the metres gained vs. the opposition)

I'm not sure if it's through lack of players available, but team selections (to me) are mystifying , but apparently if I comment on that I'm a cheap seat. But more so , Des bench utilisation. My GOD it's poor.

We are playing a system that was outstanding a few years ago, and it still gets the lesser teams. But the good teams, who've adapted to 2022 NRL standards have us covered and then some (hence the no beating a top 4 team in 2.5 years).

Our recruitment / retention in questionable. I understand that there's a team around that, but it's Des that rubber stamps this stuff. Releasing of certain players has been questionable to me, but that's just me (i.e. I'd 100% have had Cust in there instead.of Croker).

Des is too proud and headstrong to have a coaching Director. A person from outside that can share best practices about the finer points of the modern game. How to inspire the Millennials from week to week to get up and perform (hence the rocks and diamonds performances of our forwards).

These aspects lead me to believe while Des was absolutely quality in his time (and he's by FAR not the worst coach), the games past him by, and he either needs help, or we need a change in direction.

I do think the players are feeling this too, which is why we are seeing what appears to be disharmony among the group and through the media.

But that's just me, so fire away mate.
Personally I think you’ve nailed it to a T

Mate, it is all fun and games... I just don't support putting girls down in the act of calling people out - it aint personal @Red Pill, but I call that out everytime...

and, yeah, I have posted some absolute sh**te over my time at ST....
I don’t take it personally but I see petty people like you put themselves up on a pedestal virtue signalling about these things to put themselves above other people. It pretty pathetic. Gee I guess you think we should ban Benny hill and the Paul hogan show or even the old footy show when fatty and co dressed up as women? Nah you just want to weaponise your sensibility when it suits. Btw I deleted the post. I think people like you are even worse than @Ryan as he is openly a buffoon where you pretend to be something better. You are full of crap buddy. Who needs “soup” and the other trolls when we have you and Ryan and probably some fake accounts that aren’t even real people.

What is wrong with you? . You fight at some point with just about everyone. I have come across countless of your dummy spits with other silvertails during the years. You are a unbelievable hypocrite. My goodness please seek help.

Yawwwnnn.

Dragons supporter about to blow a valve. Meh.

I don’t take it personally but I see petty people like you put themselves up on a pedestal virtue signalling about these things to put themselves above other people. It pretty pathetic. Gee I guess you think we should ban Benny hill and the Paul hogan show or even the old footy show when fatty and co dressed up as women? Nah you just want to weaponise your sensibility when it suits. Btw I deleted the post. I think people like you are even worse than @Ryan as he is openly a buffoon where you pretend to be something better. You are full of crap buddy. Who needs “soup” and the other trolls when we have you

So me, Soup, Frank, all the dummy spitters, the cyclones, Anyone else on that radar mate? Haha. 47 certainly associates with the quality ones! Backing Dragons fans over Manly fans.

I can't believe people are bagging Ryan. If out players had as much passion for our club we wouldn't be turning up our toes when it get's tough. But looks like some of our fans and the dragoons troll are happy with the rubbish being served up.

Yawwwnnn.

Dragons supporter about to blow a valve. Meh.
No. Take this seriously. You really need to some help. I mean you last year you wanted to organise to storm our training facilities to ask for Des’s resignation. What a nutter. We went on to make the finals. I actually wish you went ahead with it so you could have validated to the world how bloody crazy you are.

He's right though, I bet there isn't a single poster here the angry Bears supporter hasn't fallen foul of.

I still remember my big moment when he called me out for posting an image of Eeyore in reply to one of his moaning posts.

He was pissed up telling me how I was in the Big Dog's yard now LOL.

The next day once he'd sobered up he PM'd me asking me to delete all of my posts quoting his rubbish because he was terrified admin would see it.

I was happy to do so but the behaviour I've seen him display since has made me realise he's a wrong 'un hiding behind "play the ball not the man" & it's repetitive behaviour & he has issues.

I'm sympathetic to anyone under duress but this bloke's proven himself to be a first class chump unworthy of my concern.

Ignore button now in use.

Last edited:
I can't believe people are bagging Ryan. If out players had as much passion for our club we wouldn't be turning up our toes when it get's tough. But looks like some of our fans and the dragoons troll are happy with the rubbish being served up.

Thanks mate. I don't know what I'll do ! I've been labelled :

• A cyclone
  • A cheap seat
  • An Eeyore
  • An ex Bears support
  • A buffoon (I do actually like this one)

It's actually really entertaining ! All us Eeyores be warned ! That's gotta be a Silvertails legend.

Just a pack of Eeyores. Or is it a flock? Gaggle? Group? Murder? Hahaha

Gee, you are actually Ryan aren’t you? My god how sad.

I think Des was an elite coach. One of his best traits is that he can extract performance out of a fringe first grader, and get them to excel (Hall, Rose, Bryant, Cuthbertson and many others).

Another positive trait is he definitely demands respect from those around him (from his teaching days I guess). You don't hear about much infighting or disharmony between the board and him (generally). So that's great too.

He's very thorough (with the first grade squad), and his players know exactly what is expected of them.

He's loyal to a fault. If a player is out of form, they literally have to crap the bed to lose their spots in the team.

Now, on the flipside, he's very old school. This is just my opinion, but he has a system and gameplan and he sticks to that. I'm a firm believer that the best modern coaches adapt to the opposition , and it doesn't appear we do that well, particularly defensively. A holding defensive line that doesn't pressure their kickers gives the opposition both time and momentum (hence the oft point of difference in the metres gained vs. the opposition)

I'm not sure if it's through lack of players available, but team selections (to me) are mystifying , but apparently if I comment on that I'm a cheap seat. But more so , Des bench utilisation. My GOD it's poor.

We are playing a system that was outstanding a few years ago, and it still gets the lesser teams. But the good teams, who've adapted to 2022 NRL standards have us covered and then some (hence the no beating a top 4 team in 2.5 years).

Our recruitment / retention in questionable. I understand that there's a team around that, but it's Des that rubber stamps this stuff. Releasing of certain players has been questionable to me, but that's just me (i.e. I'd 100% have had Cust in there instead.of Croker).

Des is too proud and headstrong to have a coaching Director. A person from outside that can share best practices about the finer points of the modern game. How to inspire the Millennials from week to week to get up and perform (hence the rocks and diamonds performances of our forwards).

These aspects lead me to believe while Des was absolutely quality in his time (and he's by FAR not the worst coach), the games past him by, and he either needs help, or we need a change in direction.

I do think the players are feeling this too, which is why we are seeing what appears to be disharmony among the group and through the media.

But that's just me, so fire away mate.
No intention of firing away. I imagine we both love Manly and want to win the comp every year. I respect your opinion, i just dont agree with it nor like having it shoved down my throat every 23 seconds on every thread after a loss.

I still think Des is one of the best 5 coaches in the game. (Bellamy, Bennett, Cleary, Robinson). Although of those 5 hes probably been the slowest to adapt to the yearly rule changes.

I think hes been handcuffed by contracts/cap penalties that were in place before he arrived e.g. DCE, Marty. Then further extreme bad luck with the Fainu situation. He made the right call in letting Api go and promoting Manase to his starting hooker. How would he possibly know what was to come?

Given the handicaps hes had to work with to make the 2nd week of the finals in 19 and the prelim last year has been an amazing effort.

I agree with your sentiments on some of the other threads that the squad is unbalanced. I think everyone would agree we need an elite hooker, centre and front rower to win the comp from where we are at the moment. Of the players available on the market, i would love to know who we could sign for those positions? Hence Des manufacturing what he can from who is available.

Also agree with you on Cust over Croker and some of the other selections made, including Harper over Koula for long parts of this season. The problem is many of the players in who are regular first graders in reality should be back ups/fringe players and regardless of the choice the players available couldnt be considered "elite".

Generally under Des I think we have been trending towards being a regular top 4 side, even if the start of this year has been punctuated by injuries and inconsistencies. 2019 we beat Melb, Canberra and Souths (3/4 of that years top 4), 2020 we beat Roosters, Canberra and Parramatta (3 of the top 5 that year), last year we were in the top 4.

He's right though, I bet there isn't a single poster here the angry Bears supporter hasn't fallen foul of.

I still remember my big moment when he called me out for posting an image of Eeyore in reply to one of his moaning posts.

He was pissed up telling me how I was in the Big Dog's yard now LOL.

The next day once he'd sobered up he PM'd me asking me to delete all of my posts quoting his rubbish because he was terrified admin would see it.

I was happy to do so but the behaviour I've seen him display since has made me realise he's a wrong 'un hiding behind "play the ball not the man" & it's repetitive behaviour & he has issues.

Im sympathetic to anyone under duress but this bloke's proven himself to be a first class chump unworthy of my concern.

Ignore button now in use.
RAWHIDE !

Thanks mate. I don't know what I'll do ! I've been labelled :

• A cyclone
  • A cheap seat
  • An Eeyore
  • An ex Bears support
  • A buffoon (I do actually like this one)

It's actually really entertaining ! All us Eeyores be warned ! That's gotta be a Silvertails legend.

Just a pack of Eeyores. Or is it a flock? Gaggle? Group? Murder? Hahaha
Your now talking to your self Ryan….on the forum. I know you are @Koko22

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4