A message to the panic merchants and dummy spitters.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am totally disappointed with both our effort so far and our strategy and our ability to play error free cohesive flowing Rugby League. But to me I don't think we have had anywhere near our best team on the field - our best 17 in one game this year. Not 1!. Turbo was missing - he is back - he is now playing injured. Mary was out, Paseka out, Schu has been unavailable all year, Parker out, Davey out, Haumole out, Lawman now out, Aloiai out, Keppie out. We just dont have that great depth to cover all those and some of our backup players - Bullemor and Burbo are questionable if they are first grade talent. Tippytoes and Koula are fabulous players but young and probably playing 6 months too early because of circumstances. We need the injury gods to smile on us for a while - and a 17 of

a fit Turbo
Garrick
Parker
Koula
Tippytoes
Schuster
Foran
Jake
Haumole
Davey
Paseka
DCE
Aloiai
Walker
Marty
Keppie
Sipley/Lawton

is a top 4 side. I certainly don't like our lack of effort but I bring the perceived lack of effort back to a few things - mainly the poor starts and us being pinned early and we dont have a fit Tom and metre eaters back there to bring the ball off our line. That just eats into our fitness - turning around time after time to bring it off our line and I guess that affects desire especially when Koula is not a metre eater and an unfit Tom is not either. And yes an unfit Tom is obviously causing us massive problems - his knee is causing us massive issues with confidence not to mention what we are missing in attack. If he is not fit which he isn't put him back out to pasture for a month and put Garrick back there. I do think our injuries really have caused havoc.

Ten rounds though and I can’t recall a single game this season where the team has defended and attacked like a well drilled team.

That points to a few variables, coaching on defensive structures, attacking plays, exploiting opposition teams weaknesses, attitudes etc.

For me they are not a well coached team.
Have said it elsewhere this season has been completely disjointed. Agree I don’t think we’ve put a solid 80mins together yet and the wests win was pretty rubbish. I do however feel if we can get some guys on the field playing consistently we can still push for for a decent run to the finals. We might need a bit of luck yet. I’m not deathriding this team yet. The pack needs to start pulling the finger out tho.

Suck it up sooks. As I said in another post we could name future cyclones after some you flippant panic merchants.
Far out I would hate to be in some kind of life threatening crisis situation with some of you crybabies. You remind me of this character

View attachment 21042
And I’m sure this guy would agree with ur observations

Attachments

• 3EBB7364-B0C6-44CA-8A55-BF21FD9C4557.gif
    3EBB7364-B0C6-44CA-8A55-BF21FD9C4557.gif
    24.7 KB · Views: 3
Not sure what is more embarrassing- the score last night or some of the carry on in this (and other) threads

For me some of the reactions have been a touch over the top but that is because I have a different view and experience compared to others. My choice is to read but not engage with what i do not agree with unless I can do it in a respectful manner

Remember when Gus took over the GM position at the riff and announced that they were launching a '5 year plan'? Remember how much glee we all took from the fact that it was 8 years later and they still had not reached the top of the tree?

Who's laughing now?

Manly should bring in somebody to overhaul our entire football program and start planning for 5-10 years from now because right now it feels like we are headed nowhere fast....

Our roster is way out of kilter thanks to marquee expenditure and losing kids with reputations like Sione Fainu makes me wonder what the plan is (if there is one)...
I've got to come in here mate.

Who's laughing?

The side Gould built was dismantled when they booted him out the door. Cleary snr won the boardroom battle and has after many many poor seasons as a coach landed in a hot boy (sorry Bloke in a bar reference) side.

Bellyach while amazing at Melbourne has never proved himself anywhere else. Failed at the blues. Built a dynasty on cheating. Rides the coat tails of a generational side.

We have issues now but Its the same roster that went within a bees dick of the GF last year. Perhaps last year took too much out of the fringe guys we had and they have regressed. Perhaps having Tommy injured in every match this year is a problem. Perhaps having the Shoe play 1 match all year is an issue? Perhaps the new interpretation of the ruls is an issue? Perhaps its a mix of all of the above and more?

I can't believe people are bagging Ryan. If out players had as much passion for our club we wouldn't be turning up our toes when it get's tough. But looks like some of our fans and the dragoons troll are happy with the rubbish being served up.
So just to be clear Ryan is above reproach on here. Just need to make sure I don't mess with the protected species.
I happily go head to head with Ryan and others on here. We have different opinions and outlooks.it sometimes gets heated and personal which is life. Simple.
One thing I believe in is supporting my team when the good and bad happen. I get others like to be critical but there is a difference between critical and moaning like a baby.

I wasn’t pointing out your thread specifically, just in general.. there’s a few posts on a few threads about sacking des, wiping out the whole team etc etc
I just meant I don’t think it needs to go that far but we def need to fix somthing for next season as this year was always going to be similar results to last year, if not worse..
I'm not suggesting we move players on with maybe the exception of Marty and the fact that both Saab and Harper could do with some time in ressies but I am concerned about how we operate both in defence and attack, particularly our defence close to the line. There's also the fact that we stand and wait for the attack to come to us, giving them the time to gain momentum and work plays, we're just too slow at everything we do by comparison to most sides we play, even the Tigers showed up our defensive weaknesses last week and that should have had alarm bells ringing for our match up with this Reynolds led Brisbane side, all very disappointing

I've got to come in here mate.

Who's laughing?

The side Gould built was dismantled when they booted him out the door. Cleary snr won the boardroom battle and has after many many poor seasons as a coach landed in a hot boy (sorry Bloke in a bar reference) side.

Bellyach while amazing at Melbourne has never proved himself anywhere else. Failed at the blues. Built a dynasty on cheating. Rides the coat tails of a generational side.

We have issues now but Its the same roster that went within a bees dick of the GF last year. Perhaps last year took too much out of the fringe guys we had and they have regressed. Perhaps having Tommy injured in every match this year is a problem. Perhaps having the Shoe play 1 match all year is an issue? Perhaps the new interpretation of the ruls is an issue? Perhaps its a mix of all of the above and more?
Finally someone talking about footy and making sense rather than the petty squabble and dribble amognst ourselves

Not sure what is more embarrassing- the score last night or some of the carry on in this (and other) threads

For me some of the reactions have been a touch over the top but that is because I have a different view and experience compared to others. My choice is to read but not engage with what i do not agree with unless I can do it in a respectful manner
I’ve been trying that as well…..but I have had a little help from some friends.

F5637D56-6951-4668-8693-81A174B35F23.jpeg

Back on track fellas.

“ Has Des lost the dressing room”

Simple question
Mate I dont think Des has lost the dressing room I really dont know where this is coming from. I think the problem is far greater. BWSE keep getting flogged week in week out thus no one in that team putting pressure on the NRL side to perform, who in the BWSE side can replace our NRL side

How anyone in their right mind can defend that garbage on Friday and its been coming. We have been awful in alot of games. Sharks should have gone on with it too but they took the foot off the gas.

Not real fans for criticising. Rubbish. People call it as they see it. When their good we give credit and when their not we let them know. Better fan rubbish.. no your not.

Constructive criticism is a good thing. If des isn't doing it id be concerned. The players should know that is unacceptable. We will back them again next week but the way we lost was pathetic. Upto them to shove our comments you know where.

Accept that performance you turn into the bulldogs or knights. Manly have standards. This club doesn't lose 38-0. We don't accept bull**** performances. I expect us to turn it around next week and win. Because that's what Manly should do and we will be supporting them as usual. Just don't dish that up again.

So just to be clear Ryan is above reproach on here. Just need to make sure I don't mess with the protected species.
I happily go head to head with Ryan and others on here. We have different opinions and outlooks.it sometimes gets heated and personal which is life. Simple.
One thing I believe in is supporting my team when the good and bad happen. I get others like to be critical but there is a difference between critical and moaning like a baby.

Have to be honest @Eagle of London , you'd have to anticipate a reply when you make an arrogant statement like that? I actually really enjoyed today's conversations, because one, they were entertaining, but two, it's galvanizing (and bringing together) quite a few fans who like to express their opinions (about football) without vitriol from a small clique here.

It was actually quite interesting seeing how angry and aggressive @47MVEagle , @Red Pill & a few got when taken to task, and (what do you call us?) cyclones / doom-and-gloomers / Eeyores / cheap seats etc actually backed each other. Dear god, @frank stokes copped an earful today, and that bloke is as lovely and kind as they come despite looking like the incredible hulk. A real sweetheart, abused for trying to mediate a scuffle. Jesus. I was a wanker and an ex-bears support again. People are babies. People are beyond reproach. I mean, there aren't many of you, but I could honestly keep going haha.

That out of the way though, and back to footy, the last month of footy has been extremely worrisome. I'm not exactly sure what you and your boys expect & demand people to say?

Sharks: That 1st half performance, was possibly one of the worst efforts I've seen in a Manly sweater. Completely dominated in every aspect. Decent come back in the second half, but the game was on ice at half time. Flogged.

Souths: The very next week, the bunnies came out, and put 40 on us. I get we were down to 12 men most of the game, and I thought the effort brave, until I saw the Sharks performance against The Warriors (bearing in mind Sharks were down to 11 men for 10 minutes !). Flogged

Tigers: 1st half, fantastic - lead 14-0. Big crowd. Was solid. Then our passive defense goes and lets them score 22 points in that second half. Des / DCE said that was disappointing to them. But hey, a wins a win, right?

Broncos: Just when you'd put that first half performance against the Sharks out of your mind, they trump that with one of the worst performances (in my opinion) EVER, losing 38-0, and almost every stat there is. Flogged.

In that span, we've allowed 134 points mate. 134 ! That's an "average" of 34 points against per game, heading into two away games against The Eels and Storm ! It is "natural" in my view for fans to show concern about various aspects of the team.

We are presently 9th. We get toweled twice, we have the potential to be 14th, with half the season gone. Of course people are going to be angry, frustrated, annoyed, disappointed and will want to vent. You boys do you though - know what I'm going to do? Show empathy to those that feel this way and vocalize that. Different aspects I guess.

Finally someone talking about footy and making sense rather than the petty squabble and dribble amognst ourselves
Don't worry mate. I can dive into the gutter too at the drop of a hat. Although I'm thinking control is called for after some heated banter in the game day thread yesterday. Must control emotions better....

and (what do you call us?) cyclones / doom-and-gloomers / Eeyores / cheap seats etc actually backed each other.
I don't think I've ever used any of those terms apart from 'the noise from the cheap seats' actually.
Don't forget mate you get just as grubby on here as apprently I and others do. Yesterday in the GD thread what did you call me? Stupid for misspelling a simple word ( too instead of two) that predicted txt put in? You are obviously at one end of the supporting spectrum and I and others are at the other end.
I'm sure if I went back to round 4 last year the @Ryan knives would have been out but in the end we almost made the GF. Go figure.

I am going to try to be better behaved and jog on in future.

Have a good week.

Personally I couldn't stomach coming on here after Saturday 's performance until now, but I will say this to all those in denial. Tigers and Bulldogs, and every other team in the competition (barring just 4) have let in fewer tries than us. I repeat: Baz is doing a better job defensively than Hasler! Stew on that for a moment.

Personally I couldn't stomach coming on here after Saturday 's performance until now, but I will say this to all those in denial. Tigers and Bulldogs, and every other team in the competition (barring just 4) have let in fewer tries than us. I repeat: Baz is doing a better job defensively than Hasler! Stew on that for a moment.
Hasler isn't letting in the tries just for clarification.The players are letting in the tries....
Also this may help your hearty stew to taste better.
Screenshot_20220514-213451_Chrome.jpg

We are 9th. We are -36. The dogs you speak about are -125 and the amazing tigers are -82. The dogs are in last position and the Tigers are in 3rd last. We have won 2 x the amount of games and have a much better roster. We will play finals. The dogs and tigers won't.

Hope that helps? Have a great day.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4