A clean out is not the answer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We need a 'nail on the head' emoji for comments like this...
1617066070186.jpeg

Personally I think dessie should be able to develop a 5 year plan. He's done it before and he could do it again. Especially with the Fulton's being so good at finding and developing young talent.

Hey @Snake

1. Exactly - Levi is a hooker (but Des would rather try to plug in a 6)... Levi tackles more often, provides better service and is a threat from close range because it is a role he knows and has played most of his career. I did not include any of the games where Croker did not play hooker because it is a completely different role.

2. That is why I included the tackle efficiency stat which is not a measurement of missed tackles from tackles made but considers how many times the tackle actually was effected - maybe Levi missed some critical ones (i don't know) but his efficiency stats show he is at least as good (i would say better actually) than Croker (when Croker plays 9)

3. I am sure as sh1t not comparing either to Api who is a God compared to these blokes

My point was always that Levi performed a critical role at minimal cost that I personally think Des is a fool to think he can just get anyone to do... jmo...
Tackle efficiency does not measure the whether the tackle is effective or not...it just tells you if it was made or missed. Those times he was steam rolled and held on for dear life still count as a tackle.

He was abject failure last year.

Tackle efficiency does not measure the whether the tackle is effective or not...it just tells you if it was made or missed. Those times he was steam rolled and held on for dear life still count as a tackle.

Keeping Levi was never the answer, but our recruitment team still ****ed up thinking Croker would suffice.

Croker last round missed 2 of 31 tackles which equates to 93.5% effectiveness but his tackle efficiency is recorded as 91.2% so it is not a measure of missed vs made...

Cant say I know exactly what it is a measure of but clearly Croker is no better at defending at 9 than Levi and, imo, performs the rest of the 9 duties poorly...

I would take Levi over him any day as he at least did twice the work and could pass effectively...

Croker last round missed 2 of 31 tackles which equates to 93.5% effectiveness but his tackle efficiency is recorded as 91.2% so it is not a measure of missed vs made...

Cant say I know exactly what it is a measure of but clearly Croker is no better at defending at 9 than Levi and, imo, performs the rest of the 9 duties poorly...

I would take Levi over him any day as he at least did twice the work and could pass effectively...
I think what we can all agree on is that they are both schizen.

If Des keeps selecting the same players then how can we expect a different result?

12 losses from our last 13 games and no idea when our next win will come from confirms that the current players are not up to first grade standard

A clean out is needed of at least 10 players from the top 30

The two games this year against the dogs could well be the battle for the wooden spoon

@Snake hows your thread going mate? If you think no changes are needed you clearly have zero idea. None, zero , nada. I told you I was just getting started. Im a fan till I die and that mean firing up when there is huge problems at the club!

Massive massive changes needed. Like I said big guy the drums are beating, if your as close to the playing group and coaches as I think you are, then you all need to start to admit there are massive fuking problems.

The drums are fuking beating

@Snake hows your thread going mate? If you think no changes are needed you clearly have zero idea. None, zero , nada. I told you I was just getting started. Im a fan till I die and that mean firing up when there is huge problems at the club!

Massive massive changes needed. Like I said big guy the drums are beating, if your as close to the playing group and coaches as I think you are, then you all need to start to admit there are massive fuking problems.

The drums are fuking beating

As a team we are playing disasterously. But a clean out is not a silver bullet solution.

Eels had a massive clean out in 2013 (including the coach) and still missed the finals 4 of the next 5 years, including another wooden spoon. Off field they were a mess at the time, but I don't think we are much better right now to be honest.

We had a clean out at the end of 2015 (including the coach) when we finished 9th, we then missed the finals three more times in the next 5 years (under two different coaches). That is soon to be 4 times in 6 years... or 5 times in 7 years if you include Toovey's final year.

If anything I think we need a small number of big or important changes, rather than a big number of small changes. But we need something.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8