A clean out is not the answer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Serious question to all, we have seen very good players like DCE, Tapau and Walker turn to a shambles these last 2 years whilst players like the above post leave the club flourish.

What faith do you have that if we went and signed Reynolds, Brown, Tupou etc that they wouldnt get coached into a shadow of themselves whilst our current misfiring stars wouldn't go on to fire elsewhere?

We need change at the top, the game has passed Des by
It is a serious question Disco. I agree that the cleanout needs to be more than just our players. In a perfect world it would begin in head office, continue through our coaching staff, and then the squad.

Unfortunately, it's not going to happen like that. Des's coaching contract has been extended. In my opinion he should never have been brought back.

His results since then demonstrate that his coaching technique/philosophy has no place in the modern game. He has also clearly shown that he is not capable of change.

However, he won't be shown the door by the club. We are stuck with him for 2021 and probably 2022 as well.

This realisation almost makes me physically sick, as the damage that is happening to our club right now, will potentially takes years to fix.

@Snake hows your thread going mate? If you think no changes are needed you clearly have zero idea. None, zero , nada. I told you I was just getting started. Im a fan till I die and that mean firing up when there is huge problems at the club!

Massive massive changes needed. Like I said big guy the drums are beating, if your as close to the playing group and coaches as I think you are, then you all need to start to admit there are massive fuking problems.

The drums are fuking beating
Get a life man.

The scoreboards don't lie.
If we want the same results, keep the same players every week and don't make changes to the roster...it's a simple method to how Manly play week in, week out and the outcome is like a groundhog nightmare.

FMD when are people going to realize that the 2021game is so ****img different to 2019. Of course we need to get rid of a lot of so called “senior players”. Ffs they were in second gear tonight !
We are an embarrassment
I think it was either Braith Anasta or Brandy who said that AFB made Taupau look good for years. He said that Marty benefited from playing off the back of his charges. There is nobody to do that for him now. Good observation I thought. Ennis also said that maybe a big decision had to made regarding DCE's contract. Outsiders are the only ones seeing it at present.

Get a life man.
Haha Iv got a great life @Snake , Thanks for asking. Part of that great life is supporting this great club..

How about since your so close to the players and coaches ( starting to think your on the coaching staff), you tell everyone to do there fuking job.
Defensive structures- not working
Attacking structures- non existent
Players need to man the fuk up. Work harder. Be a leader @Snake and stand up and start to fix the many many problems.
Start to clean house.

But the worst part is the obvious no passion.

Drums are beating old mate, and there getting louder. There coming for you, Des and everyone else that thinks there is no problem.

Haha Iv got a great life @Snake , Thanks for asking. Part of that great life is supporting this great club..

How about since your so close to the players and coaches ( starting to think your on the coaching staff), you tell everyone to do there fuking job.
Defensive structures- not working
Attacking structures- non existent
Players need to man the fuk up. Work harder. Be a leader @Snake and stand up and start to fix the many many problems.
Start to clean house.

But the worst part is the obvious no passion.

Drums are beating old mate, and there getting louder. There coming for you, Des and everyone else that thinks there is no problem.
I didn’t ask...it was an imperative not a question. You’re out of your depth here man. My IQ is no match for a muppet like you.
You think coming onto a forum and whinging like a petulant child with your provocative vitriol makes you a ‘supporter’. You’re just wanker man.

This once proud premiership winning club might close, bankrupt. The NRL / Nein / Rupert Murder will do nothing to save MWSE.

The CLEANOUT, starting with Management, talent scouting, coaching, but most of all OWNERSHIP happens, or the club may cease to happen. Brooky re-development not withstanding.

Is that where the $$ have gone? are we well inside the salary cap?

Poor club, **** culture, cant attract TPAs, cant attract quality players - that Des wouldn't know what to do with anyway. I agree his coaching is inflexible and worked well in a past era.
Some of his psychological tricks (siege mentality, fight against the system, under the radar) & uncompromising defence tactics dont seem to belong to the current group. They are not fit enough, strong enough, disciplined enough to match it with a club like Penrith, who, lets face it, are competition favourites.
They drop the ball, make countless defensive mistakes, give away tackle restarts like its bean bag chips. A good way to find form, if they cant blend as an attacking unit, would be through perfect defence. Tackle tackle tackle.
The players dont look interested or motivated to do that. Des has lost the room. Are they all waiting for TT to come back as a saviour?

I’m no “ Technical Coach” but it’s clear to me now that the Des / Donny Singe combination whilst hugely effective a decade ago is now “ old school “.

They haven’t adapted to the new game at all.

Whilst we have a few very ordinary players I’m with @Snake , a complete clean out isn’t the answer but one in the coaching set up would be a good start.

I’m no “ Technical Coach” but it’s clear to me now that the Des / Donny Singe combination whilst hugely effective a decade ago is now “ old school “.

They haven’t adapted to the new game at all.

Whilst we have a few very ordinary players I’m with @Snake , a complete clean out isn’t the answer but one in the coaching set up would be a good start.
Agree. Des has always succeeded with big teams that slow the game down. The rules work in the opposite favour now and Des just doesn’t seem to be up to it.
Telling players like Taupau not to offload and not getting us a 9 for the season are terrible indicators of where his head is.
the game is uptempo and we play like it’s still 2016.

We need to give pay cuts to DCE and Turbo.
We need to take Croker, Suli, Parker, and Garrick and ship them off to the salt mines far away from a first grade jumper.
And we need a complete overhaul of our coaching staff.
If the club doesn't start taking some genuine interest in reform by the start of next year my incredibly tenuous interest in this team will be gone completely.

Agree. Des has always succeeded with big teams that slow the game down. The rules work in the opposite favour now and Des just doesn’t seem to be up to it.
Telling players like Taupau not to offload and not getting us a 9 for the season are terrible indicators of where his head is.
the game is uptempo and we play like it’s still 2016.
Then why in the name of ever loving f**k did we just extend his contract?

I didn’t ask...it was an imperative not a question. You’re out of your depth here man. My IQ is no match for a muppet like you.
You think coming onto a forum and whinging like a petulant child with your provocative vitriol makes you a ‘supporter’. You’re just wanker man.
Hahaha Mate only a true fuking muppet talks about IQ( just quietly, you wouldn’t go close). And what’s clear is that you can’t even admit there is a problem at the club. Which shows your level of rugby league comprehension.

You are worse than a wanker. You are a incompetent fool who thinks your above criticism. Your not, you answer to fans like myself, you little fuking pu$$y. Go and give the 1.3 million dollar Giraffe a hug.

Hahaha Drums are beating

I disagree with @Snake but can't understand why people are taking his thread personally and attacking him..FFS we are all passionate Manly supporters. People have different view points and opinions. No one likes what's going on in the club. But there's no need to get petty. If you want to vent sign up a few fake accounts in other supporters forums and start trolling.

I disagree with @Snake but can't understand why people are taking his thread personally and attacking him..FFS we are all passionate Manly supporters. People have different view points and opinions. No one likes what's going on in the club. But there's no need to get petty. If you want to vent sign up a few fake accounts in other supporters forums and start trolling.
It’s not needed.

We all have varied views , favourite players ( non favourites ) and ways we’d do things.

Just accept the different views.

I’m sorry but @Snake is clearly on the coaching staff or at the least very very close to players and staff.

He opens himself up to criticism when starting garbage threads how change isn’t needed when we are getting hammered week in week out. Then when he gets called out, starts calling fans wankers. Instead he should be admitting the problems, outlining how they are being fixed. @Snake is arrogant and incompetent, deserves to be called out.

Huge changes are fuking needed.
Des and all Assistants gone.

DCE, Marty, Gosiewski, Walker, Parker, siro gone. If we do it now we can perhaps have a decent season next year. Leave it to late and all off contract player will be gone..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8