Why did we buy Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So much for all the drivel about a poor attitude.
You might wanna say that to Barrett and see if he agrees that it's drivel?

Look I don't wanna belittle you, nor do I want to detract from what Jackson has done because he should be commended, but if you think that community work is somehow evidence that this player has a positive attitude towards being put in second grade and does not have an ego problem of sorts, you are extremely gullible.

I've seen Josh Pappali do countless good deads with my own eyes and then go drink driving through the streets hours later...explain that?!

You're drawing a very long bow if you think you know anything about these footballers from the stories you see in the media. They are good guys and sometimes they are rascals but they aren't one or the other all of the time.

WAatch him run around in another clubs colours next year. We've signed someone to take his place in the squad already. A young half with 1 fg game to his name.

http://www.nrl.com/ken-stephen-medal-jackson-hastings/tabid/10874/newsid/112453/default.aspx

Ken Stephen Medal: Jackson Hastings
Tue 26 Sep, 2017, 7:00am
‌‌‌NRL.com

Manly Sea Eagles half Jackson Hastings has been nominated for the 2017 Ken Stephen Medal.

Despite his young age, Sea Eagles halfback Jackson has shown that he has what it takes to be an outstanding community role model for many years to come.

This year, Jackson has taken it upon himself, outside of club commitments, to make several trips to local hospitals and schools, spending time with young inpatients and students alike, and making an undoubted difference in their day. Jackson is actively involved in Manly's Read With An Eagle program which combines sport and literacy to foster a love of reading in school-age children.

Jackson has kindly donated personal gear to fundraise for various community initiatives, as well as individuals experiencing hardship. His generous personality shines through in all his interactions, he regularly initiates contact in his own time and at his own cost, the impact is always priceless.

This was clear for all to see when Jackson surprised avid fan and Sea Eagles member, Lee-Ann Ellem, this Easter.

Lee-Ann is wheelchair-bound but travels from the Central Coast with her mother, Deidre, for every home game. Jackson arranged the purchase of a new jersey ahead of the 2016/2017 season and, without Lee-Ann's knowing, gathered the entire team to sign it.

Upon arriving at Lottoland, Lee-Ann was greeted by Jackson who presented her with an Easter gift more memorable than any chocolate bunny.

The Ken Stephen Medal

Ken Stephen was an administrator who devoted 28 years to the NSWRL in various capacities. He retired shortly before his death in 1988. The Ken Stephen Medal recognises the efforts of an NRL player, who has not only achieved on the field, but has also committed time off the field to community projects.

A player is nominated by their NRL club for their involvement in charity work, youth development or community support. The nominated player will have consistently demonstrated their commitment to making a difference in their community and be seen as a role model in this area at their NRL club.

The NRL Community Awards recognise Rugby League's unsung heroes for the tireless work they do to support the game they love. From volunteers and teachers, to players at a first-grade level, the awards pause to honour, reflect and congratulate those who make a positive difference for many in their communities, week after week.

He does almost nothing on the field .....................so it's good to hear he at least keeps himself busy off it!

Quite possibly the worst and most pointless signing by Manly in years .......................and there's plenty of competition for that honour!

Look I don't wanna belittle you, nor do I want to detract from what Jackson has done because he should be commended, but if you think that community work is somehow evidence that this player has a positive attitude towards being put in second grade and does not have an ego problem of sorts, you are extremely gullible.

I've seen Josh Pappali do countless good deads with my own eyes and then go drink driving through the streets hours later...explain that?!

You're drawing a very long bow if you think you know anything about these footballers from the stories you see in the media. They are good guys and sometimes they are rascals but they aren't one or the other all of the time.

WAatch him run around in another clubs colours next year. We've signed someone to take his place in the squad already. A young half with 1 fg game to his name.
Who is this young half you speak of?

You might wanna say that to Barrett and see if he agrees that it's drivel
Wow so your source in the inner sanctum is Barrett, very impressive. I guess he only passes on info he wants made public on these forums, otherwise he wouldn't tell you!

No worries mate, I'll keep my thoughts to myself from now on.
I'm sure if you took a poll everyone would want you to keep posting all your insider rumours, me included. But bearing in mind you can't name your source, you can hardly expect everybody to swallow every detail hook line and sinker.

As it happens I may be one of the few posters here that's never criticised Barrett for leaving Hastings out of the team. And - while I don't doubt that its of no use to his NRL ambitions - I still think if he spends time visiting sick kids in hospital then it shows he's a person with a good attitude, period!

No worries mate, I'll keep my thoughts to myself from now on.
Nah keep posting Snake.
BTW I'm guessing the half ain't metcalf.
Can't think who's only played one first grade game though....

We've signed someone to take his place in the squad alr

Only 4 halves have 1 first grade game to their name from 2017.

Tyler Cornish
Joey Lussick
Sitiveni Moceidreke
Jeremy Marshall-King

Only 4 halves have 1 first grade game to their name from 2017.

Tyler Cornish
Joey Lussick
Sitiveni Moceidreke
Jeremy Marshall-King
My guess is Tyler Cornish.
I'd rather his brother Cream but watch me be wrong....

It seems that you were not far off the mark Snake. It's been announced that we have signed Jack Gosiewski from Rabbits.. Whilst he is not a half like you said, he is a young second rower who has only played one fg in 2017...unless it's a coincidence and there's another young half signing to come..?? Regardless thanks for all your knowledge and insights you bring to the forum.

@Snake might may mean Luke Metcalf who we've signed from the Sharkies - one of NYC's best up and coming 5/8's.

Luke Metcalf
A A

• Date of Birth: 01-03-1999
  • Height: 179cm
  • Weight: 75kgs
  • Position: Halfback
  • Rep. Honours: NSW Origin under 16's (2015), NSW Origin 18's (2017)
  • Junior Clubs: Orara Valley, De La Salle Caringbah
  • Previous Clubs: None

A talented half back who hails from Coffs Harbour, Metcalf joined the Sharks in 2015, helping to steer the Matthews Cup side through a championship winning season.

Played NSW Origin 16's and 18's, possesses exceptional speed and try scoring ability, with his talents confirmed by a three-try, man of the match performance in the Under 18's Origin game in 2017.

A student at Endeavour Sports High School in 2017

Played 7 in that I think

From what I read in a source that escapes me. Manly are looking to jettison him for $ reasons.

Seems we have to pay full freight on him in 18. Rorters subsidised him this year.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8