Why did we buy Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jackson Hastings won the Ken Stephen Medal at Manly last year, so I don't think he was on the 'nose' at all. I'm not sure how half this stuff is made up, apart from degrading rumours on the 'Social Network'. How could he possibly be awarded one of the most prestigious medals at our club if he 'was on the nose' ...and as a result the club awarding him the award, he was nominated for the overall NRL award.
You'll have to get in touch with Sam Tagatese and let him know that you've re-awarded the Ken Stephen Medal for 2017 to Jackson Hastings.

Hastings was nominated for the award but missed out. It's still a great achievement and he should be proud of his nomination but it's an award for working in the community and how the players contracted club feels about their position on the roster is not factored into the nomination process. It's an NRL initiative as well so he didn't win it at "our club".

The word is he didn't like losing his bench spot earlier in the year and he didn't put his body on line when he dropped back to NSW Cup. None of that is the end of the world but when your not playing first grade, not performing at NSW Cup level and your previous club is no longer propping up part of your contract (Roosters paid some of his contract this year), the current club are thinking of the benefits of freeing up cap space...not hard to fathom at all.

Now if there are no takers (which is a possibility) he will obviously see out his deal.

You'll have to get in touch with Sam Tagatese and let him know that you've re-awarded the Ken Stephen Medal for 2017 to Jackson Hastings.

Hastings was nominated for the award but missed out. It's still a great achievement and he should be proud of his nomination but it's an award for working in the community and how the players contracted club feels about their position on the roster is not factored into the nomination process.

The word is he didn't like losing his bench spot earlier in the year and he didn't put his body on line when he dropped back to NSW Cup. None of that is the end of the world but when your not playing first grade, not performing at NSW Cup level and your previous club is no longer propping up part of your contract (Roosters paid some of his contract this year), the current club are thinking of the benefits of freeing up cap space...not hard to fathom at all.

Now if there are no takers (which is a possibility) he will obviously see out his deal.
Hi Snake, you'll need to re read my post. I never said he won the overall Ken Stephen Medal, I said he was nominated for it and while my term 'awarded at Manly' may have been somewhat out of factual context as the Ken Stephen Medal is not actually awarded at a club, but if you are nominated by a club for the award surely, within the club it could be considered as a 'win', not that winning the Ken Stephen Award could really be considered a win, but rather a wonderful recognition of your community involvement.

So if we are to believe he 'spat the dummy' at being dropped, would he not also have spat the dummy in his community involvement? I'm sure any professional sportsperson does not like to be dropped and reactions can vary depending on one's attitude and ego.

I don't know Jackson personally nor have I ever met him, but I do respect what he has contributed in the community and the fact he has continued to do so, despite his 'supposed' disgruntlement at being dropped, is to be admired.

I think he has talent and if anyone is to get that out of him, it will be Trent Barrett. This year was a matter of being 'cruel to be kind' and challenging him to rise to the occasion. That he apparently didn't, can be a lesson for next year and let's all hope he has learned, because if Bellyache is supposedly interested, there is obviously something there that he hasn't shown at 1st grade level yet that Bellyache can see.

Hi Snake, you'll need to re read my post. I never said he won the overall Ken Stephen Medal, I said he was nominated for it and while my term 'awarded at Manly' may have been somewhat out of factual context as the Ken Stephen Medal is not actually awarded at a club, but if you are nominated by a club for the award surely, within the club it could be considered as a 'win', not that winning the Ken Stephen Award could really be considered a win, but rather a wonderful recognition of your community involvement.

So if we are to believe he 'spat the dummy' at being dropped, would he not also have spat the dummy in his community involvement? I'm sure any professional sportsperson does not like to be dropped and reactions can vary depending on one's attitude and ego.

I don't know Jackson personally nor have I ever met him, but I do respect what he has contributed in the community and the fact he has continued to do so, despite his 'supposed' disgruntlement at being dropped, is to be admired.

I think he has talent and if anyone is to get that out of him, it will be Trent Barrett. This year was a matter of being 'cruel to be kind' and challenging him to rise to the occasion. That he apparently didn't, can be a lesson for next year and let's all hope he has learned, because if Bellyache is supposedly interested, there is obviously something there that he hasn't shown at 1st grade level yet that Bellyache can see.

I am not disputing that he has no talent, I am not disputing that he might learn from things, I am not disputing that he shouldn't be given a go next year at Manly, I am not disputing that he ever shirked any community commitments, I am not disputing that he is or is not a wonderful human being. I actually think he is quite a good footballer and I hope he gets another go next year. But...

I just do not understand what is so hard to believe about the guy not liking being dropped back to NSW Cup? Why would that be made up? On what grounds is that made up? Because you like him and want him in the team, anything that flies in the face of what you want, must be made up?

Also using Bellamy as an argument against something you deem "unfounded" is ironic, because Melbourne's interest in Hastings is "unfounded".

I am not disputing that he has no talent, I am not disputing that he might learn from things, I am not disputing that he shouldn't be given a go next year at Manly, I am not disputing that he ever shirked any community commitments, I am not disputing that he is or is not a wonderful human being. I actually think he is quite a good footballer and I hope he gets another go next year. But...

I just do not understand what is so hard to believe about the guy not liking being dropped back to NSW Cup? Why would that be made up? On what grounds is that made up? Because you like him and want him in the team, anything that flies in the face of what you want, must be made up?

Also using Bellamy as an argument against something you deem "unfounded" is ironic, because Melbourne's interest in Hastings is "unfounded".
Hi Snake was not attacking you personally for your response, I was just clarifying my post. Yes, I was wrong in suggesting Hastings had won the Ken Stephen Medal at Manly and I admit that and if it caused you any distress, I apologise as i just meant to say he was nominated by Manly and 'winning' was not only inaccurate but also obviously disturbing to you, so again, I apologise for my inaccuracy.

As I stated in my previous post "I'm sure any professional sportsperson does not like to be dropped and reactions can vary depending on one's attitude and ego." But as I also wrote, I don't know the guy and I also don't know anyone who is close to him, but obviously you have drawn reference from people you know, who do know him well and with whom he has shared his feelings and let's just all hope that you and your friends can help him realise that all is not lost and they can help him move forward as he definitely has talent.

Hi Snake was not attacking you personally for your response, I was just clarifying my post. Yes, I was wrong in suggesting Hastings had won the Ken Stephen Medal at Manly and I admit that and if it caused you any distress, I apologise as i just meant to say he was nominated by Manly and 'winning' was not only inaccurate but also obviously disturbing to you, so again, I apologise for my inaccuracy.

As I stated in my previous post "I'm sure any professional sportsperson does not like to be dropped and reactions can vary depending on one's attitude and ego." But as I also wrote, I don't know the guy and I also don't know anyone who is close to him, but obviously you have drawn reference from people you know, who do know him well and with whom he has shared his feelings and let's just all hope that you and your friends can help him realise that all is not lost and they can help him move forward as he definitely has talent.
Classy post mate, all good!

Guys, go check my twitter, Jackson Hastings wrote me because I asked him about Melbourne. He says he's going nowhere.

Basically, he's one year into a two year deal. That puts that one to bed.

Legend for him confirming it though :)
HappilyManly yesterday reported the following from his Twitter account here:

https://silvertails.net/threads/new-signings-to-be-announced-nextweek.53349/page-40#post-967720

"@JackHastings
Not sure who the lurker is, But no I wasn’t in Melbourne to have a meeting with anyone. I was there to relax. Nice try but #FakeNews"

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackoHastings/status/916567573340102656

**** me , this is getting ridiculous!

Just throw some balls in the air and pick one , you could be right!

And you might not be!

**** me , this is getting ridiculous!

Just throw some balls in the air and pick one , you could be right!

And you might not be!
Hahaha... remember the old days Mark when no one had any idea what was going on behind closed doors, even the press? Then all of a sudden... Manly signs Boyd, Dorahy and Brown and all hell broke loose, except for Sea Eagle supporters. This was of course preceded by the Branighan, O'Neill and Walters thefts from Souths in 71 or 72 and few knew about it until it happened. The biggest shock I got was Ray Higgs joining Manly after he'd Captained Parra.

It was all very funny back in the old days and even the journos had minimal idea about what was really happening. I think it was better back then as there was minimal speculation and everyone just got on with life without worrying if they'd wake up tomorrow.

Hahaha... remember the old days Mark when no one had any idea what was going on behind closed doors, even the press? Then all of a sudden... Manly signs Boyd, Dorahy and Brown and all hell broke loose, except for Sea Eagle supporters. This was of course preceded by the Branighan, O'Neill and Walters thefts from Souths in 71 or 72 and few knew about it until it happened. The biggest shock I got was Ray Higgs joining Manly after he'd Captained Parra.

It was all very funny back in the old days and even the journos had minimal idea about what was really happening. I think it was better back then as there was minimal speculation and everyone just got on with life without worrying if they'd wake up tomorrow.

Those were the days, I’m not sure I’m a fan of the **** that’s going on at present!

Those were the days, I’m not sure I’m a fan of the **** that’s going on at present!
You know what sucks the most about it...the real focus in the NRL now is what happens at the negotiating table and the actual contest on the field is just a side dish to all the drama, politics and business that takes place.

It's a bit like those "Football Manager" Playstation games where you assemble a squad, purchase players, move their positions around and play strategies, but the actual game is simulated and you don't see any of the action, you just get given the score from the round and then move onto the next week.

You know what sucks the most about it...the real focus in the NRL now is what happens at the negotiating table and the actual contest on the field is just a side dish to all the drama, politics and business that takes place.

It's a bit like those "Football Manager" Playstation games where you assemble a squad, purchase players, move their positions around and play strategies, but the actual game is simulated and you don't see any of the action, you just get given the score from the round and then move onto the next week.

Sad really , I so loved the good old days , none of this **** and most players very loyal.

HappilyManly yesterday reported the following from his Twitter account here:

https://silvertails.net/threads/new-signings-to-be-announced-nextweek.53349/page-40#post-967720

"@JackHastings
Not sure who the lurker is, But no I wasn’t in Melbourne to have a meeting with anyone. I was there to relax. Nice try but #FakeNews"

https://mobile.twitter.com/JackoHastings/status/916567573340102656

Jackson Hastings‏ @JackoHastings Nov 1

Jackson Hastings Retweeted Manly Sea Eagles

Have had the pleasure of playing with crokes! I think manly fans are going to enjoy watching him go
1f525.png

Jackson Hastings added,

DNgZjqVUEAApaIv.jpg

Manly Sea EaglesVerified account @SeaEagles
SIGNING NEWS! The Sea Eagles are pleased to announce the signing of Lachlan Croker.
1f4dd.png
| http://bit.ly/2yjxKlY #WeAreManly
4 replies 0 retweets 28 likes

Hey @JackoHastings , Joel Thompson assured his fans when he supposedly signed with us, give us a crumb here, bruh...you still an Eagle next season?

2 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Jackson Hastings‏ @JackoHastings

Replying to @Doom_Scythe
I’m one year into a two year deal my man, Yoi do the math
1f606.png

4:02 PM - 2 Nov 2017

1 reply 0 retweets 0 likes

mZA1Fv_P_normal.jpg
Tweet text

1. Papa Emeritus V‏ @Doom_Scythe 3h3 hours ago

Replying to @JackoHastings
Thanks mate. If Greeny goes to The Warriors, you have to get first crack. Weapon !!

0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

Manly have benefited with the current system in recent times with securing both Marty and Walker at almost the same time , so sometimes this present player switching , transfer arrangement can work in a certain club"s favour and advantage , sometimes not . The key is really to be making the most of any quality player opportunity recruiting that presents itself and in reasonable circumstances . Manly is still going through a rebuilding phase and also must ideally take into account some very promising juniors to also retain

All this copying and pasting of tweets.... I thought our new site was supposed to look like facebook!!!!

lollolololol

(don't show Dan this comment)

#comprehensionishard

But if we went to Facebook I’d know how to insert a photo, on here it never works for me!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8