Why did we buy Hastings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Potentially could be up there, and also in the running for most derp in a post as well, but that's a pretty hot field

Every tosser has to have a say ...................does the blue banner give you delusions of grandeur, make you feel oh so special!

The most obvious explanation is usually the right one!!

The coach thinks he is SH*T and the idiots who originally signed him aren't the ones picking the team!

The fact that fans on the forum are advocating giving Hastings a game shows you how rough Manly are running in terms of player depth!

We can't replace our useless winger!
We cant replace our useless centre!
We can't replace our useless 5/8!
We can't replace our useless locks!

The bloke who has built this squad has done a slap up special job!!
Here's the thing, it was Barrett that signed him. Hastings grew up living next door to Barrett and they know each other very well. Barrett was the one that gave him a lifeline so unless you are suggesting Barrett isn't picking the team then that argument is a dead duck.

Here's the thing, it was Barrett that signed him. Hastings grew up living next door to Barrett and they know each other very well. Barrett was the one that gave him a lifeline so unless you are suggesting Barrett isn't picking the team then that argument is a dead duck.

Thanks for the clarification.................so the bloke who signed him IS picking the team..........yet not picking him!
Seems even a more damning indictment of Hasting.

He is a player that had no club and we picked him up to see if a change of environment might be the thing that unlocks his huge potential. Also he adds depth for the halves. There could be a number of reasons why he isn't being picked but he was thrust into the spot light early and didn't cope at the Roosters.

With this mornings news that Green might move on at the end of the season we'll wait to see if this is the opportunity for him to shine.

Probably will hinge if Barrett is with us next season or not as some are suggesting Barrett is moving on and Hastings would probably follow him. Hope this isn't the case btw

Isn't it funny, Brown has managed to play almost 200 first grade games and Hastings has a track record of being on the outer 2/2 clubs. One is a solid first grade player, not exceptional but shows desire and attitude. The other is Hastings.

Who was the other club?

No record of being on the outer at manly, just people making up rumours or trying to join dots without factual info.

Can all the experts who use any excuse to bag Manly please tell me how many games DCE and Green have missed this year ... or in what games you would have dropped them for Hastings.

The assertion that Hastings is a gun fullback, centre, half, 5/8 and hooker have not been proven in any game I have watched him play this year. I think he has potential and he goes OK ...

Had we had more injuries I am sure he would have had plenty of opportunities to prove the armchair quarterbacks correct ... or wrong ... I don't know.

Who was the other club?

No record of being on the outer at manly, just people making up rumours or trying to join dots without factual info.
It's not a fact that people don't have facts...the club is not a freemasonry...it's made up of human beings who have family, extended family and friends. These friends, family and extended family are not figments of our imagination, they're real people who have conversations and impart information.

And yet... as people have already said, he's the first one out there meeting the fans, he's in every second promotional video, he turns up to a heap of community and charity things... Maybe he's good at self-promotion, but his attitude - at least in the sense that he's trying to be a good club man - seems to be spot on.

He also has a good passing game, good kicking game, and can tackle well enough to play at hooker. As well as being a goal kicker. His characteristics seem similar to what Green brings to the side, so I really do hope that he is brought through and gets to play that role.

And if Green sticks around, then I hope he is patient enough to wait his turn in 2019 - though history suggests he isn't, since he was very unhappy playing reggies for the Roosters.

Seemed like a straight swap for Matt Parcell at the start of the year , probably a big call at the time but also on balance a fair and practical call , taking into account that Cullen was an unknown quantity and with Green as the only main recognized 5 / 8 available . So the main reason and rational for his signing and as others have indicted would have been to basically improve the half "s depth situation . Also as others have indicated , of course and for a range of reasons, he has had limited opportunities in F G this seasons but obviously he does have talent and a good skill set , is versatile and may be still able to progress to be an established first grade footballer . Discounting any personal or possible unhelpful attitude issues , no doubt he will have the continued opportunity next season to indicate whether he may be able to establish himself in the top 17 or even eventually as a prospective and future 5/ 8 for Manly .

In a couple of early hit outs he showed some good hustle and obliviously has potential/promise. Cheap pickup that may or may not pay dividends in the future.

Hastings has a great pass and good energy - starting to feel his off field issues are the reason he has not played more a part in the 17.
Prefer him along with 3 big boppers as the interchange, thing is you learn at U15's its not always ability on the field - you need to show desire and effort off it - Brown appears 1 of these type of players always giving his best, however good that may be.....

Isn't it funny, Brown has managed to play almost 200 first grade games and Hastings has a track record of being on the outer 2/2 clubs. One is a solid first grade player, not exceptional but shows desire and attitude. The other is Hastings.
Brown is as solid as a wet stool
He was shopped around at the end of last season and no club wanted him .
A waste of salary cap space

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
11 7 4 59 14
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12
11 5 5 30 11