Who replaces kelly ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We had some big centres after iro. He was good on his day but inconsistent. Terry hill wasn't small nor Danny more or Craig Innes but I get your point. Matai played like a big one but the lateral movement playing each side won't see many centres like mal or Myles or Iro again. Inglis is just a freak athlete. He was a skinny 19 year old at North's in Brissy beating records for leg presses.
Tom Turbo is a freak athlete as well . Size , strength , speed , agility . Any player with those qualities qualifies to be a dynamic centre in any era

Suli and who? Do you mean Garrick? Whoever this Elliott is, I hope he has some pace, is strong under a high ball, and can potentially score a long range try, because last season, our centres and wingers couldn't score anything.

Are we saying:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Moses Suli
04. Dylan Walker
05. Brendan Elliott
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

??

How do people figure that backline will go?

Last year Suli could only find one occassion in 15 games to pass to his winger ...... a big part of a centres job discription is to create opportunities for your outside man ..... unless Suli has just played "out of character" for 15 games, he is not a centres jockstrap .....

As a winger however ... I believe he will be dynamic at kick returns, mid field hit ups and barging over for tries .....

I think centre will be between ... Garrick, Elliott, Parker, Funa, Kioa and Hoppa ......

Last edited:
Last year Suli could only find one occassion in 15 games to pass to his winger ...... a big part of a centres job discription is to create opportunities for your outside man ..... unless Suli has just played "out of character" for 15 games, he is not a centres jockstrap .....

As a winger however ... I believe he will be dynamic at kick returns, mid field hit ups and barging over for tries .....

I think centre will be between ... Garrick, Elliott, Parker, Funa and Hoppa ......
Agreed. But how do you think Suli will go catching bombs or diving for tries in the corner, which is such a big part of a winger's arsenal these days?
Can we afford to have two big bopper wingers who really on bulk rather than athleticism?

Suli and who? Do you mean Garrick? Whoever this Elliott is, I hope he has some pace, is strong under a high ball, and can potentially score a long range try, because last season, our centres and wingers couldn't score anything.

Are we saying:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Moses Suli
04. Dylan Walker
05. Brendan Elliott
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

??

Elliott is good. He's safe and reliable. A Mick Robbo type winger. After the abomination of taufua parker and uate dropping bombs, elliott will be a welcome addition. Id still like us to chase a left centre from somewhere. And another forward

Agreed. But how do you think Suli will go catching bombs or diving for tries in the corner, which is such a big part of a winger's arsenal these days?
Can we afford to have two big bopper wingers who really on bulk rather than athleticism?

I think he has tons of talent just not at centre .... and I think this year with the pre-season he didn't have last year .. we should see him 5/7 kg's lighter ... he was also starting to exhibit some genuine pace as he got fitter last year .....

This year .. unlike last year there is some competition for both the vacant centre and wing spot ... competition may not be as strong as we would like ... but it will make a few of these young'uns lift to the occassion .....

If he wants it badly enough (cue the head shrink guy) Suli can be a weapon .....

As for 2 big boppers on the wing .... meh .... you have to go with the best you've got ... if that means barging over rather than dancing over ... so be it.

I think Elliott will nail down one wing spot. He played a lot of fullback so is a safe player on the wing. Might not be too flashy but has pace and can find the try line.

Elliott is quick enough to outrun Ponga so his pace is least of the issue....will come down to his defence and ability to hit the ball up and not get dominated and slowed down all day.

Wouldn't mind seeing a Tom T, Suli, Walker, Garrick, Elliot, LG. DCE combination to start the season.

Are we saying:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Moses Suli
04. Dylan Walker
05. Brendan Elliott
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

??

I think this will be our round 1 lineup bar any injuries

Elliott is good. He's safe and reliable. A Mick Robbo type winger. After the abomination of taufua parker and uate dropping bombs, elliott will be a welcome addition. Id still like us to chase a left centre from somewhere. And another forward

As I’ve been saying for a while , we are short a decent back up forward and a decent back on that centre / wing area.

Sadly probably won’t happen for 2019 but I bet it does for 2020.

Saw a pic the other day with a few 1st graders (Api and others) and Albert Hopoate, and the kid looked like a monster in comparison.

I actually hope he gets an early gig tbh. And maybe Garrick. I admit I'm worried about throwing him to the wolves early (because that can really screw a kids development), but something like:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Dylan Walker
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Saw a pic the other day with a few 1st graders (Api and others) and Albert Hopoate, and the kid looked like a monster in comparison.

I actually hope he gets an early gig tbh. And maybe Garrick. I admit I'm worried about throwing him to the wolves early (because that can really screw a kids development), but something like:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Reuben Garrick
04. Dylan Walker
05. Albert Hopoate
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
My only concern with that backline is that while we may score 30, we might concede 40. Very attacking/exciting but defence may be an issue.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7