Who replaces kelly ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Suli and who? Do you mean Garrick? Whoever this Elliott is, I hope he has some pace, is strong under a high ball, and can potentially score a long range try, because last season, our centres and wingers couldn't score anything.

Are we saying:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Moses Suli
04. ..........
05. Brendan Elliott
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

??

How do people figure that backline will go?

ThIs could be more realistic after December 11

Last year Suli could only find one occassion in 15 games to pass to his winger ...... a big part of a centres job discription is to create opportunities for your outside man ..... unless Suli has just played "out of character" for 15 games, he is not a centres jockstrap .....

As a winger however ... I believe he will be dynamic at kick returns, mid field hit ups and barging over for tries .....

I think centre will be between ... Garrick, Elliott, Parker, Funa, Kioa and Hoppa ......
I agree though with a proper 5/8 he could really shine in the centers.. most of the time suli had walker playing in the halves and we all know hes no halfback. Im with you though.. lets hope he can catch ay hahaha. Walker dce and suli on wing will be a great combination especially if des can get turbo chiming in on the right like snake used to. Im also expecting jake to ball play on the edges like gifty did
But now this new rubbish with dkhead walker has all that up in the air

Taufua asked if he could get a run in the centres a few weeks back...don't like his chances but anything could happen. I know we are looking at a centre but I am not prepared to say who out of respect. All I will say is they are a QLDer. This whole situation with Kelly is cap based. The player we get is not gonna be as pricey as Kelly.

Not saying this player has signed either, just that we are enquiring. Garrick is looking pretty good at the moment too so he could be a smokey.

Albert Hoppa probably a year away. He won't be 18 until after the season has started so even if he gets a run, it won't be to start the year.

Last edited:
Taufua asked if he could get a run in the centres a few weeks back...don't like his chances but anything could happen. I know we are looking at a centre but I am not prepared to say who out of respect. All I will say is they are a QLDer. This whole situation with Kelly is cap based. The player we get is not gonna be as pricey as Kelly.

Not saying this player has signed either, just that we are enquiring. Garrick is looking pretty good at the moment too so he could be a smokey.

Albert Hoppa probably a year away.
Even if Garrick does come good it'd still be nice to add an experienced centre to the squad. Still reckon we need another forward too. Any news on positions they are looking to fill other than centre?

Even if Garrick does come good it'd still be nice to add an experienced centre to the squad. Still reckon we need another forward too. Any news on positions they are looking to fill other than centre?
No news around forwards at this stage other than Perrett still a chance to be released...he is on bigger money than he should be for a player that hasn't kicked on. It's not that he wouldn't be useful but we could probably bolster depth by using his money to sign two players.

Albert Hoppa probably a year away. He won't be 18 until after the season has started so even if he gets a run, it won't be to start the year.
So I'm guessing this player hasn't played any representative football?

Someone make a list of centres from Queensland lol
Too hard because, as we all know, there is no one who isn’t from Queensland!
All jokes aside, Javid Bowen comes to mind as someone from Qld (I believe) who needs an opportunity.

What have we got at the moment:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua / Tevita Funa
03. Brendan Elliott
04. Moses Suli
05. Brad Parker / Reuben Garrick
06. Kane Elgey
07. Daly Cherry-Evans

Dear - Lord. And I spent half a grand on buying a season ticket to watch that.

Gone are the days of Matai / Lyon or Matai / Bell. Holy **** that's terrible.

Remember when I used to whinge because we had Andrew Walker and Michael Witt in our backline with guys like Albert Torrens, Scott Donald and Mitch Creary / Nick Bradley-Qallilawa.

God, I miss those days.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7