Who replaces kelly ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Im just excited to see our team defend again, any stable backline players will do, but if we can find a way for a good player I think it's got to be a winger. Taufua will do just fine on one, he wasn't necessarily bad last year, just meh, get him to shave his head and he'll run faster. Suli needs to work out like a freight train to get his spot on the other wing, but if we can get his fitness up anyways he should be centre cause we need speed out on the edges, though will also need to work on his passing game dramatically. Mentioned maybe here but definitely elsewhere the option of Jordan Kahu, he'd do a job and can goal-kick, reasonable speed as well. Otherwise we go for a definite long term option in W. Hoppa, though will need to release a player or back-end the deal. Not panic stations yet at all, plenty of time, and options.

Im just excited to see our team defend again, any stable backline players will do, but if we can find a way for a good player I think it's got to be a winger. Taufua will do just fine on one, he wasn't necessarily bad last year, just meh, get him to shave his head and he'll run faster. Suli needs to work out like a freight train to get his spot on the other wing, but if we can get his fitness up anyways he should be centre cause we need speed out on the edges, though will also need to work on his passing game dramatically. Mentioned maybe here but definitely elsewhere the option of Jordan Kahu, he'd do a job and can goal-kick, reasonable speed as well. Otherwise we go for a definite long term option in W. Hoppa, though will need to release a player or back-end the deal. Not panic stations yet at all, plenty of time, and options.

I'd certainly make a play for Will Hoppa. He's not the 'great' player we thought he may become, but he is reliable, solid, good defender, and knows where the line is. Good passer of the ball also. A far better proposition than Foran, and may help to keep Albert at the club and maybe bring back Jamil, who has apparently improved his game up north.

I like the idea of kahu or a blake ayshford type. Not walk up starters in our backline but good solid experienced options to go with our young guns. Definitely see us a centre and prop short at the moment

I like the idea of kahu or a blake ayshford type. Not walk up starters in our backline but good solid experienced options to go with our young guns. Definitely see us a centre and prop short at the moment
Jordan Kahu is a Kiwi international who wouldn't come cheap even if he was on our radar. He would definitely be a start up in the team considering our dodgy backline roster atm

I know Parker had a poor year on the wing last year but he was very good in 2017 at centre. I won’t write him off completely. Got plenty of heart too.

He is a centre but not a winger (although can catch a bomb)

The question is more can he stay on the field and get some time up to start getting combinations happening.

Jorge is also a confidence player . How could any of our players gain any confidence in 2018 one of our darkest years in our proud history
He cost us many a game throughout his career if he doesn't return to form or gets another injury I'd be happy to see him gone. How cant he catch still lol

He cost us many a game throughout his career if he doesn't return to form or gets another injury I'd be happy to see him gone. How cant he catch still lol
Des is rebuilding his own team now and he wont carry any passengers feathered friend . 2019 will be shape up or ship out for all the playing squad .

I'd certainly make a play for Will Hoppa. He's not the 'great' player we thought he may become, but he is reliable, solid, good defender, and knows where the line is. Good passer of the ball also. A far better proposition than Foran, and may help to keep Albert at the club and maybe bring back Jamil, who has apparently improved his game up north.
Kahu would be good for us we need a good goal kicker.. as for hoppa he would be a great buy for us we need a center and dont have a backup fb. He and turbo could swap on special plays in attack, tom tends to stick to the left side. Maybe he can't pass ledt to right as well but hoppa can so.. many options and he can fill many spots in the back line.

Suli has potential if attitude and fitness improves. And improves A LOT. He doesn’t pass so centre should not be even thought about. Wing is his go.He was not chased hard by a few clubs for no reason.

If Brad Parker is even considered for our three quarter line we are toast.

I’m must be missing something because he does not have pace , gets rag dolled regularly , has ordinary hands, is a lottery under a kick and is good for a glaring error every game.Physically he was totally out of his depth against Brisbane. They were lining up to give it to him.They were verballing him big time and the kid froze.It’s a power game now and although Brad puts in he is simply not up to it.

As Snake mentioned elsewhere compare him to the Roosters young centres. If you want to try a guy who is physically outgunned you may as well give Albert some experience at 18.At least he oozes talent Only the Supercosch would have given Brad a start and Des won’t unless we are decimated by injuries.

Last edited:
And just like that my 120 page marathon on “ the Life of Brian” is consigned to the annals of Silvertails history!!

Oh well, it was fun whilst it lasted!!

Moses Suli has more natural ability in his little toe then Brad Parker does in his entire body... all you have to do is watch his first year at the Tigers to see that. He also showed flashes of what he can do with us last season as well. His footwork is right up there... just needs to apply himself and get fit. If he doesn’t make it... it won’t be because he lacked ability... Parker tries really hard, and one day he might make a decent first grader. But it’s so obvious that he is not the most gifted young player coming through the ranks. I hope he makes it because he’s got heart and is a local junior.

After reading the below quote from Kelly it was obvious that the decision was completely Brian’s rather than the club wanting to move him on.

"I met with Des (Hasler) and had a good yarn with him. I was just honest with him and told him I missed being home and family here and stuff. I really wanted to be closer to them, closer to my nieces and nephews. It was a good change (to be in Sydney) but it's good to be home."

After reading the below quote from Kelly it was obvious that the decision was completely Brian’s rather than the club wanting to move him on.

"I met with Des (Hasler) and had a good yarn with him. I was just honest with him and told him I missed being home and family here and stuff. I really wanted to be closer to them, closer to my nieces and nephews. It was a good change (to be in Sydney) but it's good to be home."
Easy for fans to lose sight of the fact that players have families and moving away is not for everyone. Kelly is a good kid, I can see him doing well in the future.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8