Who replaces kelly ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Taufua asked if he could get a run in the centres a few weeks back...don't like his chances but anything could happen. I know we are looking at a centre but I am not prepared to say who out of respect. All I will say is they are a QLDer. This whole situation with Kelly is cap based. The player we get is not gonna be as pricey as Kelly.

Not saying this player has signed either, just that we are enquiring. Garrick is looking pretty good at the moment too so he could be a smokey.

Albert Hoppa probably a year away. He won't be 18 until after the season has started so even if he gets a run, it won't be to start the year.

List of QLD Centers / Wingers:

Gehamat Shibasaki (Broncos)
Jordan Kahu (Broncos)
Kotoni Staggs (Broncos)

Dan Russell (Cowboys)
Enari Tuala (Cowboys)
Javed Bowen (Cowboys)
Justin O’Neil (Cowboys)
Tom Opacic (Cowboys)
Gideon Gela-Moseby (Cowboys)
Kurt Wiltshire (Cowboys)
Murray Taulagi (Cowboys)

Dale Copley (Titans)
Phillip Sami (Titans)

Dane Gagai (Souths)

Will Chambers (Storm)

Is it one of these guys? Dane Gagai would be great!!

Jordan Kahu (Broncos)
Kotoni Staggs (Broncos)

Dan Russell (Cowboys)
Enari Tuala (Cowboys)
Javed Bowen (Cowboys)
Justin O’Neil (Cowboys)
Tom Opacic (Cowboys)
Kurt Wiltshire (Cowboys)
Murray Taulagi (Cowboys)

Dale Copley (Titans)
Phillip Sami (Titans)

Dane Gagai (Souths)

Will Chambers (Storm)

I thought Kotoni stages was just in the blues emerging squad

Did you miss the part where Snake said that whoever the replacement is (or at least we are in talks with) will be paid less than Kelly....

Pretty sure that's rules out Gagai and anyone else who is on the big coin.

Bowen and Moseby would be great pick ups though.
Even a Copley type would be a good pick up. Solid, experienced, good footwork and an actual left centre throughout his career, we have enough young gun backs, i dont see it necessary to buy another young guy looking for an opportunity.

Even a Copley type would be a good pick up. Solid, experienced, good footwork and an actual left centre throughout his career, we have enough young gun backs, i dont see it necessary to buy another young guy looking for an opportunity.
Nah I don't like. We will pretty much have the titans backline.

Jordan Kahu (Broncos)
Kotoni Staggs (Broncos)

Dan Russell (Cowboys)
Enari Tuala (Cowboys)
Javed Bowen (Cowboys)
Justin O’Neil (Cowboys)
Tom Opacic (Cowboys)
Kurt Wiltshire (Cowboys)
Murray Taulagi (Cowboys)

Dale Copley (Titans)
Phillip Sami (Titans)

Dane Gagai (Souths)

Will Chambers (Storm)

Isnt brenko lee a qlder. Titans have copley, brenko Lee kelly and also peachey. Could quite possibly be looking at one of them

Scraping the bottom of the barrel here fellas. May as well stick with the Reggie quality we have now. Why bring in more?

We were successful with Des first time around, because he focused on quality over quantity.

We have 4 out of 7 in our backline from at best reserve grade. I should have waited until next season to get a season ticket.

Watching Blacktown Park talent run around getting lapped by teams line The Chooks out wide, will be awful.

Let me guess though. Like everyone keeps saying. Des has 'something up his sleeve' right?

Dear lord, Barrett got out at the perfect time.

Brenko Lee is a good attacking centre but has a problem in defence.

He went from Canberra to the dogs and while he did well to start with, he got dropped not long after and that was under Des.

He then got shifted out the the Titans so can’t see Des wanting Lee again.

Copley isn’t anything to get excited over but is a solid centre.

Probably all we can ask for at the moment.

There is certainly an opportunity for a young guy to step up if they’re good enough.

We don't need any more Jono Wrights. Give a young bloke already at the club a run. No one on that list is knocking any doors down as a good defensive centre.

A lot will change between now and June next year.

Money to spend in 2020.

Let's just sit back and wait for the line up wanting in early to emerge.

Brenko Lee is a good attacking centre but has a problem in defence.

He went from Canberra to the dogs and while he did well to start with, he got dropped not long after and that was under Des.

He then got shifted out the the Titans so can’t see Des wanting Lee again.

Copley isn’t anything to get excited over but is a solid centre.

Probably all we can ask for at the moment.

There is certainly an opportunity for a young guy to step up if they’re good enough.

Agree brenko makes Parker, Suli and kellly look like good defenders. Yuk

The knights plan to put Kurt Mann at hooker.

This “left field” thinking is worthy of this site!

Mann would do better at centre, at manly.

I trust our coach and his capable team to do what is best for Manly in 2019...not the coffee club of knockers who seem to have infiltrated the threads of ST recently.
Such promising times ahead, and I am sure that anybody who wears our colours next year, will do so with 100% full pride, dedication and passion. Giddyup!

Awesome , now post your strongest Sea Eagles 1-7, then list some others like Brisbane, Storm and Roosters. Jesus, throw the Eels strongest 1-7 in there.

Then tell me how legitimate that comment is.

Sounds great that Des will magically have unknown, unwanted commodities just ripping apart others teams first grade talent.

But some reality here mate. Funa, Parker, Suli, Anderson, Elliott, Garrick & others. Come on now.

Happy to persevere with a combination of suli/funa/kioa/Garrick/Anderson and Tafua in the 3/4 line. If we are replacing kelly for someone in the vicinity of 150 k they ain’t gonna be better than the above

Taufua asked if he could get a run in the centres a few weeks back...don't like his chances but anything could happen. I know we are looking at a centre but I am not prepared to say who out of respect. All I will say is they are a QLDer. This whole situation with Kelly is cap based. The player we get is not gonna be as pricey as Kelly.

Not saying this player has signed either, just that we are enquiring. Garrick is looking pretty good at the moment too so he could be a smokey.

Albert Hoppa probably a year away. He won't be 18 until after the season has started so even if he gets a run, it won't be to start the year.
I at least like that Jorge is looking at changing his game. He needs to diversify and head in field or its all over Jan.

I don’t understand all the doom and gloom but maybe it is just me. Sure, many of our outside backs don’t have many runs on the board and there are serious question marks over whether they are first grade standard.

But, so what? Anyone who thinks we are going to win the premiership in 2019 is delusional. Anyone who thinks we are going to be top 4 even if Walker successfully and expeditiously fights his charges and we jag another decent centre is wildly optimistic given our overall depth. So why not sit back and enjoy the start of the rebuild under Des, look for the shoots of growth in particular players and the team as a whole and watch the team develop from what I am sure will be a good team into what we all hope is a great team? Personally, so long as everyone is putting in and playing with desire, I will look forward to watching next week’s game irrespective of last week’s result.

It’s an old saying but very true - Rome wasn’t built in a day. Our 2008 success was a gradual build up over a few years and there were guys in the 2004, 2005 teams that weren’t much chop either. We still supported them because they played for Manly - for us. I think we need to remember that one of the reasons why 2008 was so sweet was because of the hard times and the journey we took to reach the pinnacle. It was worth it and it will be again.

There is every chance I have simply drunk the Kool-Aid but I just think there are many, many things to be positive about all things considered.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6