Way to fark a game Tommy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It is an interesting study the difference in how Kelly is treated by some on here compared to Tom.

Both are kids still young in the game...it shows why you need some experience to play the game (for most)
Both are Kids but one is a star . That's the difference .
Tom has talent but today to invite the tigers back into the game with 2 casual floaters was absolutely unforgivable and the tigers never forgave us as they went in to score another try

To me there is a real difference between our defence now compared to the golden era of around 08 to 11. Something went against us or we made a mistake and you saw gift, choc, matai, kite, king etc etc go 'lets smash these muthas!!!' It was beautiful. The commentators would remark on us making ground with our defence. Now we just don't have that steel. We do seem a little too prepared to sulk on a decision or bemoan something that happened.

Just said something similar in another thread. It comes with time and experience I think - learning to keep your head up and guts it out when things aren't going your way. If you've come from another club or through lower grades where you're not used to the made-for-TV square-ups or being penalised because of the jersey you wear, it would take time to get your head around not dwelling on it and finding a way to win regardless.

Disappointing decision making on both passes, especially with our tails up, Tommy seems to make premeditated decisions often rather than play what he sees. I still don't see him as a natural ball playing fullback, he is a running fullback who needs a structure. If the structure falls down he can take wrong options, hopefully this ability will develop with experience. Definitely swung the momentum although the response from some of our senior members from that point was almost as disappointing.

my worry is that he is not learning, we saw the same thing at the start of they year and then he wasn't stupid enough to do it twice

There's a real problem here.....................he's already getting lauded as a superstar and there's a danger he doesn't work on the weaknesses in his game!

I don't know if it's just me, but I've watched him all year and after an error ...................I don't see the hurt there!
He is very laissez faire!

It changed the momentum of the game. Tom has so much talent, and does a lot of good things but he has way too many brain snaps, errors and poor positional play in defence.

He is only 20 and it is easy to forget that. Fullback is one of the toughest positions to master, if not the hardest. It takes time and he will come good but it will take a few years before we see the full package.
He might be 20 and he might be a high paid player but the fact is he fcked up twice . You think he would have been more cautious after the first one .
As a supporter Tom in one of my favourite players but when he fcks up then I will call it as I see it .

Just said something similar in another thread. It comes with time and experience I think - learning to keep your head up and guts it out when things aren't going your way. If you've come from another club or through lower grades where you're not used to the made-for-TV square-ups or being penalised because of the jersey you wear, it would take time to get your head around not dwelling on it and finding a way to win regardless.
Yup. The golden era found ways to win. When up and against it, with injuries, with bad decisions. They were winners pure and simple.

The fact is winners just don't accept excuses.

Now that's not having a go at the current team. That kind of attitude can take time and development. We certainly didn't have that in 05. But you did see that attitude in players like BK. And that attitude is contagious.

we lost by less than a try so it definitely cost us the game.

better get back to the maths homework
Sounds like you never got back to your maths homework, costing us the game is our defence your going to lay it all on one player, please piss off and come back with some positives.

That pass was looked ok and if we had scored, it was probably game over.

It did look ok but the fact is Tom throws a forward pass nearly every game .
The ref called it forward . I'm so pissed off getting beaten by that rubble.
Manly also missed 54 tackles which is a disgrace - more than any other team this round.

You're right. The moment he gifted 2 tries the tigers had their tails up. Complete momentum changer

Momentum is such a big thing, especially at the elite level.

Team sports are a funny thing but when a few things go your way there is a snowball effect. First indoor cricket grad final was like that, playing a team that had flogged us about 160 to 80 twice in the preseason we started with a good partnership and just gained confidence from a couple of good plays and went on to win comfortably.

Some people just haven't been there I guess.

Fluffy's just a typical triple j lover who doesn't like anything or anyone who is mainstream. Tommy is a favourite so Fluffy has to be the opposite. He's been waiting for something like this from Turbo, and he's taken his chance to blow those mistakes into something bigger than they are. Where's the thread about Taupau's limp effort on Sue?

I am assuming you our your mother during pregnancy have done a lot of drugs to be this stupid.

Triple J my ass, every time i accidentally end up there all I here is crap.

Marty's limp effort was commented about in the game day thread, go read that for a while, it's over 20 pages so will probably only take you 6 months.

There's a real problem here.....................he's already getting lauded as a superstar and there's a danger he doesn't work on the weaknesses in his game!

I don't know if it's just me, but I've watched him all year and after an error ...................I don't see the hurt there!
He is very laissez faire!

they* say 20 games to find your feet, 50 games is what you get with a player.

I agree that he just doesn't hurt/care/want it enough it seems and that has not changed. Last year it wasn't a huge worry as he was in that improve phase but I just haven't seen the improvement.

* - those who have played the game at elite level.

Sounds like you never got back to your maths homework, costing us the game is our defence your going to lay it all on one player, please piss off and come back with some positives.

might need s hearing test, nailed maths and have a BE with honours.

Couldn't write an essay to save my life, too much wishy washy crap, dot point brief all the way.

I agree that he just doesn't hurt/care/want it enough it seems and that has not changed. Last year it wasn't a huge worry as he was in that improve phase but I just haven't seen the improvement.

Does anyone remember a performance like that from Snake in his early years?

Both are Kids but one is a star . That's the difference .
Tom has talent but today to invite the tigers back into the game with 2 casual floaters was absolutely unforgivable and the tigers never forgave us as they went in to score another try
Sorry but Tom is the drizzling ****s who plays for us so his brother will play for us

He's a ****ing pretender who hardly ever goes for the high ball defensively

He is the Nathan Merritt of manly

I was having a chuckle today remembering a post on here a couple of months back claiming that Tommy had one of the best passing games of any fulback in the NRL.

Kicking game from halves in second half was crap. Should have closed that one out easily today with some smart play.

Sorry but Tom is the drizzling ****s who plays for us so his brother will play for us

He's a ****ing pretender who hardly ever goes for the high ball defensively

He is the Nathan Merritt of manly
A bit too harsh there feathered friend

It's difficult to know what's really going on within Tom, looking in from the outside. He can come off as a blase. Again, I can only guess as I don't know him personally.. it seems he isn't really a thinker, say like a Cam Smith. I don't think he the most aware type of person and probably doesn't fully comprehend what he has or could be. It appears almost like some strange naivety about him.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4