Walkers on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Almost 10 years ago, and pretty much ever since, people (Manly fans) were/are jumping up and down about how unfairly Snake was treated after he got charged with sexual assault.

Shouldn't Dylan Walker be entitled to the same consideration? Yet it would seem many already have him hung, drawn and quartered before he has his day in court.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Walker is innocent and both the evidence and his pattern of behaviour over the last few years doesn't exactly paint a great picture in his favour. But I'm not going to declare him guilty simply because he has been charged with actions related to DV.

But if he is guilty then he should face the consequences, legally and with his league career. But being charged doesn't automatically prove guilt.
I think they are very different situations, though I agree with the presumption of innocence until proven guilty. Here we have the allegations/ charges stemming from a victim who is married to the alleged perpetrator. There are also alleged witnesses. Based on Lyal' s press release statement this morning where his primary message and focus was on the welfare of Dylan's wife (as it should) and at the same time acknowledging Dylan's possible anger issues, it seems more clear cut where this is heading...

Again ... my point is that there is a difference in severity of an assaualt ..... at this stage we do not know where on the scale of infamy it lies .. my only reference to AFB was to point out this diffrence.

one was .... a 115kg man kicking a heavily pregnant woman in the stomach ..

the other is .. the Manly NRL player allegedly forced her to the ground while she was holding their baby.

I would think that one would attract a far heavier penalty by the courts than the other .... and that the club will make a decision on the severity of the crime ... not on who did it ....
Fonua blake kicked a pregnant woman in the stomach? Why is this vile weed allowed the privilege of playing pro football! He should be in jail. If thats the truth he will be henceforth known as the scumbag.. walker was always a dkhead who punches a door and breaks there hand LOL and gets creamed on field for talking smack then has to sit out for 6 weeks.. i like his ability but the guys a flop of a person. If we still had reserve grader kelly id say sack walker right now but we need him

The court hearing next week will likely be a mention to set down dates for the police to serve the brief of evidence and for the matter to be next heard in court. Any guilty / not guilty plea will not be made until the defendant has had a chance to properly consider the Crown’s case against him. So this will drag on for a few months yet.

So months before we can splash out on a replacement ( who could be long gone by then), just great..,.,.not!!

So what your saying is because u didn't like walker before he came to manly your quick to put him in the same category of others before he is actually guilty of anything? There's an agenda in your opinion then, as you didn't want walker at manly in the first place

No, what I’m saying is, supporting a particular team doesn’t mean you have to ignore/gloss over the behaviour of some people in the team, it doesn’t mean you have to like everyone in the team, and it doesn’t mean you have to put your support behind everyone in the team. Innocent until proven guilty, sure, but I’m just saying I’ve always thought he was a right royal twat, and that opinion doesn’t change no matter what clothes you put on a right royal twat.

Last edited:
Walker deserves the right to plead.

Until then he can "get his head around it" away from football, and form a defence (or not should he feel so inclined).

I hope the club gives him and his partner/child all the due support they need to manage the ramifications of the charges.
No winners here, but the Manly Club can show empathy and stewardship in this and positively manage one of their own to a hopefully just and fair outcome.

Sad story day.

I find it amazing how anyone can be so definitive in their judgments here.
Breaking it down...that’s what a forum is, it’s all about having our opinions and giving them a place to air. But history will (should) have taught us that there is usually no definitive answer to this stuff, we will never know the whole truth of the matter, and will have to rely on stolen snippets, rumours, supposition and the like, then form our opinions around that half-formed ‘truth’. And yet we still know more, find out more, argue our way closer to the truth of it than almost any other forum I know of. It is no wonder that the club has started taking a serious interest in the opinions posted here. ST 4 ever...

Edit: On reading this back, I have clearly reached the ‘philosophically drunk” stage of the evening...

Last edited:
I find it amazing how anyone can be so definitive in their judgments here.

Should the default position be to not believe what the female in a domestic relationship says happened? No wonder victims often struggle to come forward.

She’s got injuries and he’s been charged, so it’s clear she hasn’t said it was just an accident.

It's pretty disappointing the amount of hate mail d walkz is getting here.. I mean no one knows the details of the incident for starters.. secondly, Dylan is a sea eagle and as manly supporters we should be supporting him not dragging him through the mud. Thirdly, although I don't condone violence against women, men have no rights or leveridge in these situations even though he may not be at fault. Remember women can assault men as well and are far from innocent themselves in a lot of these cases
Is he really a 'Sea Eagle'? Has he upheld the culture you hope this club stands for, both on and off the field? This is not an isolated incident.
Would you want him as a neighbour?

FFS, you would think being paid the big money, the hero worship from fans , there life would be worth dieing for , but no , they throw it away with one stupid act be it drunk , drugs or assault....FFS
Proves some blokes are just d"ckheads no matter how good they've got it.
And that's whether he's guilty or not...

Should the default position be to not believe what the female in a domestic relationship says happened? No wonder victims often struggle to come forward.

She’s got injuries and he’s been charged, so it’s clear she hasn’t said it was just an accident.
Yes but the calls to sack walker are premature

I know it is not the way of the world but a bit of paitence would be beneficial for all

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2