Walkers on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Gorman said the evidence apperas pretty clear and may not have to wait til court decision for manly to make their stance. Sounds like its either NOTHING and he'll be fine or its VERY SERIOUS and he'll be gone asap.
If and its a big if walker does get sacked it will free up alot of cap space to fill our squad BUT we would then be on the hunt for 2 centres and a forward. Hopefully a quick decision so we can move on obe way or another

2019 was always going to be a mini rebuild by Des anyway this certainly sets us back but I didn't consider us locks for a top 8 spot anyway.

Everyone, and yes that means Dylan as well, deserves the presumption of innocence before going to court.

If guilty he’s gone and I’d agree with @Sue we are effectively toast with no recognised centres BUT let’s see what happens on the 11th of December first.
That pretty how I see the situation to.

Everyone, and yes that means Dylan as well, deserves the presumption of innocence before going to court.

If guilty he’s gone and I’d agree with @Sue we are effectively toast with no recognised centres BUT let’s see what happens on the 11th of December first.

I think if Walkz is given the boot, then the club will try nab another player.

They may try lure Will Hoppa as rumoured, or go for someone like Robert Jennings who has potential and is still off contract (and could play centre).

Will makes the most sense as you could play him inside of Albert. Brother combos are usually quite effective.

Suli will take one centre position, but I am not convinced they will run with 2 inexperienced centres if they can avoid it.

2019 was always going to be a mini rebuild by Des anyway this certainly sets us back but I didn't consider us locks for a top 8 spot anyway.

Yes I could never see why so many people on here suddenly rated us immediate top 8.

As I’ve said I’d be happy if we move from 15th to about 8-10, top 8 little chance , top 4 ( they believe in the tooth fairy).

For me, the big word in your post there is “if” , and that is where it’s all based for me, until a time as someone is proven to be an offender, they should be clear to carry on imo

Missing 4 weeks of Footy was no help to Brett Stewart in his situation, which was all based around lies. It is a tough one, I come more from the side of a person shouldn’t be punished before being found guilty

I’ll make my end stance a bit clearer, if the end game is Guilty, on your bike son, but until then I won’t hang him
If you’ve been charged standing a person down isn’t saying they’re guilty. Tearing their contract up would cross that line but being charged is a very serious thing. It does a service to them as well taking them out of the spotlight. It’s not as much a punishment as harm minimization

It's pretty disappointing the amount of hate mail d walkz is getting here.. I mean no one knows the details of the incident for starters.. secondly, Dylan is a sea eagle and as manly supporters we should be supporting him not dragging him through the mud. Thirdly, although I don't condone violence against women, men have no rights or leveridge in these situations even though he may not be at fault. Remember women can assault men as well and are far from innocent themselves in a lot of these cases
The person that’s been charged is him not his missus. I get some of your points but don’t go victim blaming by drawing connections with other situations. I haven’t really seen anyone saying he should be hung, drawn and quartered. I reckon he should be stood down if it carries over to next year but that’s also for his sanity. I think it poses less risk to the club cause if he was then guilty and we let him play we look bad. If he’s not guilty well at worse he’s punished his body in a few less games than he would have otherwise

If you aren’t playing it gives the media a lot less opportunities to bug you

Walkers biggest problem is that it isn't his first offence like AFB's was

If found guilty it will be 3 strikes and hes out

Also depends on what the neighbours statements confirm about the incident

This paragraph is correct in that we can kiss any chance of top 8 in 2019 out the window.
But again I say Dylan is allowed the presumption of innocence and in his day in court if he is found to be guilty the appropriate punishment will be handed down by the club and NRL.
There are no winners in this situation.

We will free up massive coin form losing Walker. I really don't see the doom and gloom. It's horrible what's happened but the club is better off without him and replacing him with another gun.
It will all level back out in due time

Not that I'm looking to defend AFB, what he did was despicable but if you are comparing the two, AFB was 19, he was stood down by the Dragons the following day for common assault, pleaded guilty and sacked 5 months later.

Has stayed out of trouble ever since.

Walker had his OD issue with Grey, then broke his hand punching the front door in the company of his Mrs after a night out with the boys, got his face smacked for being too lippy on the field and now appears to have been charged with common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

Is that starting to form a pattern?... It would appear so.

Even Gorman commented that he knows of a few instances that Walker has got himself into trouble.

Some players learn, some do not.

If he's found guilty, he's proven that he isn't changing his spots. Time to move on if that's the case.

I wasn't comparing the two people .... I was making a point that there is a difference in levels or serverity of violence ....

The person that’s been charged is him not his missus. I get some of your points but don’t go victim blaming by drawing connections with other situations. I haven’t really seen anyone saying he should be hung, drawn and quartered. I reckon he should be stood down if it carries over to next year but that’s also for his sanity. I think it poses less risk to the club cause if he was then guilty and we let him play we look bad. If he’s not guilty well at worse he’s punished his body in a few less games than he would have otherwise

If you aren’t playing it gives the media a lot less opportunities to bug you
I believe we should take a stance like Canberra did with Jack Wighton, available to play until proven guilty. I'm not victim blaming, and I'm aware he has been charged but my points are still valid in this situation considering none of us know what actually went down. Maybe in this case they are or maybe not. For all we know anyone could of instigated violence acts first. Just saying

I disagree on the ‘as Manly suppporters...etc’ point. There are some players I’d never, ever want to see in a Manly jersey, and I’m not going to change my opinion on it regardless. Greg Inglis is one, Jarryd Hayne is another. Dylan Walker is another that I never liked as a Souffs player and never wanted to see sign with Manly. Couldn’t give a toss about your talent, if you’re an inveterate dickhead (and already with the runs on the board to prove it by your early 20s) then go elsewhere.
So what your saying is because u didn't like walker before he came to manly your quick to put him in the same category of others before he is actually guilty of anything? There's an agenda in your opinion then, as you didn't want walker at manly in the first place

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2