Walkers on

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm not conde
Can I remind you that Brett Stewart faced more serious charges and 18 months later in a court of law was found... not guilty!

And yet, a day after the alleged incident, without all of the facts known, you want Dylan stood down until his day in court (if it gets to that).

Now are you suggesting we should have stood Snake down until his trial as well?
I'm not condemning the guy but to compare Dylan to Snake is a stretch considering past history of both men, chalk and cheese!

I am surprised by Gorman's stance ...... given what seems to be a lack of a striking charge it appears to be on the low end of some of the domestic violence charges I have read about ..AFB kicking a pregnant women in the stomach for example ..... but then I haven't the benefit of all the facts .....

Just have to trust the club to get it right by both themselves and Dylan and his partner .... if they hang him out to dry to early it could have a negative effect on his team mates .... whilst they all must learn certain behavour will not be tolerated, the flip side is that they want a club to have their backs when needed .....

I blame Dessie ... no discipline ....
I am convinced you are related to pretty boy!

Can't believe this. Doesn't read well for Dylan, but it rarely does in the early stages of reporting incidents like this. If we lose him then that takes some sting out of our tail fro next year now that Kelly has been moved on too. I'm not sure there is much on the market in the way of centres even if we free up Walkers cash. Who would we buy ??

The optimistic view is that it gives an opportunity for a couple of young guys now, which is always exciting to see new talent coming through. Suli, Garrick, Elliot, Funa, Kioa .... who knows who will stand up and grab their chance

Its a bit shallow at this point in time focusing on our prospects of our teams success next season rather than the welfare of the player and his family. These players are adults and like the rest of us have the face the consequences of their own actions. Sadly some actions impact significantly on other people and family members. Domestic Violence is a significant social issue that needs to be eradicated. Serial offenders don't have a future in the game and nor should they. Time will tell.

Both charged with common assault and both stood down immediately by clubs.

On the 11th we should know which way Walker will go and then it'll be up to the club/NRL/law to dish out a punishment.

If found guilty, I'll guesstimate that the club will release him immediately with 1yr to run on his contract.

Again ... my point is that there is a difference in severity of an assaualt ..... at this stage we do not know where on the scale of infamy it lies .. my only reference to AFB was to point out this diffrence.

one was .... a 115kg man kicking a heavily pregnant woman in the stomach ..

the other is .. the Manly NRL player allegedly forced her to the ground while she was holding their baby.

I would think that one would attract a far heavier penalty by the courts than the other .... and that the club will make a decision on the severity of the crime ... not on who did it ....

Again ... my point is that there is a difference in severity of an assaualt ..... at this stage we do not know where on the scale of infamy it lies .. my only reference to AFB was to point out this diffrence.

one was .... a 115kg man kicking a heavily pregnant woman in the stomach ..

the other is .. the Manly NRL player allegedly forced her to the ground while she was holding their baby.

I would think that one would attract a far heavier penalty by the courts than the other .... and that the club will make a decision on the severity of the crime ... not on who did it ....
Not necessarily. Violence against women carried out by NRL players is causing damage to the the NRL's brand and the to game itself. In today's climate and the acknowledgement that this sort of behavior is unacceptable at all levels I suspect we will see the NRL and clubs take a very hard line against this behavior and particularly those who seem unwilling to learn in order to protect their brands.

Not necessarily. Violence against women carried out by NRL players is causing damage to the the NRL's brand and the to game itself. In today's climate and the acknowledgement that this sort of behavior is unacceptable at all levels I suspect we will see the NRL and clubs take a very hard line against this behavior and particularly those who seem unwilling to learn in order to protect their brands.

Agree with that .... Toddy wont care much for due process .... and if Manly want to use it as an excuse then .... we will learn however by his treatment whether he is in Dessies plans going forward .....

I was not primarily commentating on the specific case .... just unsuccessfully it seems trying to point out that violence ... whilst wrong ... does have levels ...

Agree with that .... Toddy wont care much for due process .... and if Manly want to use it as an excuse then .... we will learn however by his treatment whether he is in Dessies plans going forward .....

I was not primarily commentating on the specific case .... just unsuccessfully it seems trying to point out that violence ... whilst wrong ... does have levels ...
Unfortunately recorded violence is often just the tip of the iceberg and there can be far more serious repercussions if these incidents aren't treated seriously and those requiring help don't receive it.
That being said, we only have a very small picture of what has occurred so I won't be condemning Dylan until the facts comes out.

Almost 10 years ago, and pretty much ever since, people (Manly fans) were/are jumping up and down about how unfairly Snake was treated after he got charged with sexual assault.

Shouldn't Dylan Walker be entitled to the same consideration? Yet it would seem many already have him hung, drawn and quartered before he has his day in court.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Walker is innocent and both the evidence and his pattern of behaviour over the last few years doesn't exactly paint a great picture in his favour. But I'm not going to declare him guilty simply because he has been charged with actions related to DV.

But if he is guilty then he should face the consequences, legally and with his league career. But being charged doesn't automatically prove guilt.

And who was saying its been a positive & scandal free pre-season?!

Manly player Dylan Walker 'questioned by police'
By 9News Staff •
9:10pm Dec 6, 2018

Police confirmed a 24-year-old is currently at Manly Police Station assisting with enquiries.

9News sports reporter Danny Weidler said the man is understood to be Walker, who plays as a back for the Sea Eagles.

The Origin player has had a difficult season. He suffered a fractured eye socket in Round 11 after getting into a fistfight with Curtis Scott from the Storm.

Dylan Walker fractured an eye socket in an on-field fistfight earlier this year.

The NRL has been informed.
The guys a dkhead

I believe his court appearance next week will be simply to enter a plea- guilty, not guilty or no contest are the choices as far as I know.

If he pleads guilty then he gets charged & Manly make their move.

If he pleads not guilty a later court date is set & it goes to trial.

If he pleads no contest I'm not sure what happens then.

I thought Lyle handled the press conference well this morning. Managing all the competing interests in trying to get a strong message across about the club’s values but at the same time as showing support for both the alleged victim and alleged perpetrator is not easily done. I was impressed by him.
I am happy to leave it to the court to determine guilt but there is no doubt that allegations such as these damage the club’s brand and the brands of those associated with it (even if the person at the centre of it all is later exonerated). Just think, a couple of days ago the club proudly announced a new sponsor and there was a photo with the CEO and 4 manly players, Dylan the most high profile. If you were a sponsor you might be seriously thinking about whether the brand risk is worth it.

One woman dies in this country EVERY week from domestic violence. Statistics tell us that it is rarely, if ever, the first attack.

Those who are suggesting that this alleged incident is low on the scale or might have been provoked or whatever other excuse is being made to move the boundary of acceptability, should be very aware of this reality which has zero to do with supporting a football team.
Get back in your boxes.

I believe his court appearance next week will be simply to enter a plea- guilty, not guilty or no contest are the choices as far as I know.

If he pleads guilty then he gets charged & Manly make their move.

If he pleads not guilty a later court date is set & it goes to trial.

If he pleads no contest I'm not sure what happens then.
The court hearing next week will likely be a mention to set down dates for the police to serve the brief of evidence and for the matter to be next heard in court. Any guilty / not guilty plea will not be made until the defendant has had a chance to properly consider the Crown’s case against him. So this will drag on for a few months yet.

The neighbours saw it, again I will point to the Stewart case, where apparently a taxi driver saw him tackle the girl, which was rubbish ...
I recall witnesses also said there was a non existent underground carpark in Brett’s case.

Witness statements need to be tested in court.

However if the case is uncontested that Dylan has in fact assaulted his partner then I think manly should sack him.

The court hearing next week will likely be a mention to set down dates for the police to serve the brief of evidence and for the matter to be next heard in court. Any guilty / not guilty plea will not be made until the defendant has had a chance to properly consider the Crown’s case against him. So this will drag on for a few months yet.

You can plead guilty at a mention.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8