Walker, Sironen, Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think we should stick to the same 17 unless there are injuries; the shape of the defence is much better with Harper’s energy and the communication seems much better.
Tapau has been great off the bench and even Croker has done a sterling job plugging the middle.
We are obviously relying on Turbo to supply the attacking flair, and we’ll see next Saturday where we stand against a top 4 team. But at least the team looks like they are enjoying themselves, and their enthusiasm and resilience is a breath of fresh air.

I get Parker has been solid defensively. But I think Dylan will add another dimension to our attacking ability in his natural position. We can't keep relying on Turbo every match..sòon or later the better clubs will try to nullify Turbo's influence (good luck with that).. but I feel we need to diversify our strike power if we are going to make an impact in this competion.

If we are lucky enough to have Tom make it to this year's origin series injury free... God I hope walker doesn't play fullback again!

I think Walker comes right back ... Suli prolly does as well...
On form, Walker replaces Parker for mine. Has been solid defending but adds absolutely nothing in attack...
Suli is on double (prolly triple) what Harper's likely on, so hard to see des keep him out .. even tho ide stick with Harper..

If sirro re signs, he isn't re signing to play Blacktown . Not sure who misses out, shoe won't, prolly Keppie or guac

They all need to come back through Blacktown. The team are building nicely at the moment and looks to be well balanced.

As others have pointed out, next week will be a very good indication of how well we are going and what changes we may need to make moving forward. We will know more @next week.

The team is solid at the moment, attacking well and defending better.
Shouldn't be changing a winning culture unless injuries.
See how we go against the riff that will sort a few questions out I think.

Walker’s a good centre who unfortunately has never got to play there but Parker and Harper have his spot locked up
Suli is a lazy prick who should never play first grade again unless he decides he wants to have a dig
Sironen for mine is the one player I never want to see in the team again. Biggest handbrake I’ve ever seen and the replacements we’ve brought in - Haumole, Schuster have been 100x better than he ever was. Time to move in another direction

I can see your point of view

But Walker has earned his centre stripes playing at the highest level and playing for his country .
If there was a horse race between a young up and comer and one that was world class 4 years ago but has since become slow and lacks punch (at least on the field), I think it would make sense to back the young one.

I'd keep walker in reserves/18th man but would have him be a centre/halves backup. I actually like Walker but I think it makes sense to keep him out. He's developed his passing game a fair bit over the years at 5/8, but as a centre he isn't remarkably fast or strong anymore and Parker (when involved in a cohesive team) is a good defender and runs good lines that suits our attacking plays w/ foz/trbo.

100%
Walker’s a good centre who unfortunately has never got to play there but Parker and Harper have his spot locked up
Suli is a lazy prick who should never play first grade again unless he decides he wants to have a dig
Sironen for mine is the one player I never want to see in the team again. Biggest handbrake I’ve ever seen and the replacements we’ve brought in - Haumole, Schuster have been 100x better than he ever was. Time to move in another direction

• Curtis Sironen (knee, round 7-8)
  • Morgan Boyle (shoulder, TBA)
  • Moses Suli (back, round 9)
  • Dylan Walker (hamstring, round 10-12)
  • Karl Lawton (Achilles, round 11-12)
  • Jack Gosiewski (foot, round 17)
  • Andrew Davey (knee, season)
  • Manase Fainu (stood down, indefinite)
the good thing is that for me, 5-6 of them would start for me.

Fainu, Walker, Davey would be in 17 for sure

Suli wing for Garrick for mine (DCE kick)
Sironen maybe bench.
Lawton 9 (Croker out)

A lot of the current squad are only playing due to injuries. Quac is only there because Jack got injured, and Quac has shown he is 10 times the player. Shuster in the back row has also be amazing and look at how we are using the ball now. Tom and Shuster are already building a nice combo. Sipley has been huge off the bench. Both centres are doing really well in both attack and defence.

i would not change anything at the moment
i agree but you need to think how our 'best' (what you would categorise as best over the past year or two) would add to our side

If brad parker can perform to this level imagine what Walker would do in the centres

Croker is no competition on Fainu

etc

We have a lot of improvement to come which is great. Lawton>Croker. Suli somewhere?

Walker will be super strike in the current Manly team....thing is I agree Parker is earning his spot big time.
He is crunching players in defence and making ugly runs that go unnoticed.
Not about to claim Parker is a gun centre, but happy to say he plays to his ability and enables the strike players like Turbo and DCE to strike.
Its a team game and Parker is a team player.
You are rightly claiming Walker will be super strike in the current Manly team
You are also right in saying that Parker is no gun centre

So it makes sense for both of us to agree that

it is a team game and the more dominant players in the team the stronger the team

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
S

Sorry I meant Harper. I can’t see him dropping Parker either though.
Perspective time

Three wins against teams that are not genuine contenders are not our bench marks

When we start playing gun teams we find out who our guns are
Check Parker in action here

Last edited:
A lot of the current squad are only playing due to injuries. Quac is only there because Jack got injured, and Quac has shown he is 10 times the player. Shuster in the back row has also be amazing and look at how we are using the ball now. Tom and Shuster are already building a nice combo. Sipley has been huge off the bench. Both centres are doing really well in both attack and defence.

i would not change anything at the moment
Quac and Shu resigned with the club with Des as coach so you would think he had planned for them to be in the side

Walker to #14 until an injury opens the door for him. He's not back for 5 or 6 weeks anyway so a lot can happen between now and then!
I would love nothing more than a win next week against the Panthers

We owe them big time for getting thrashed at home by 46 to 6

Burton and Crichton are our centre bench marks . They both defend well and are also both destructive players
They are both complete players who expose deficiencies.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -60 8