Walker, Sironen, Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I would love nothing more than a win next week against the Panthers

We owe them big time for getting thrashed at home by 46 to 6

Burton and Crichton are our centre bench marks . They both defend well and are also both destructive players
They are both complete players who expose deficiencies.
A good test for the right edge against the Panthers, their left edge is sensational.

The Panthers defence is very good, if we can maintain the last 3 weeks of a superb effort in defence we may test them.

suli on the wing?
don't you think we suffered enough when they put t-rex on the wing years ago
its questionable and im unsure

if he pulled his finger out he'd start our sets off really well

he's a better footy player than garrick but garrick has been playing well lately and deserves his spot. unfortunately I feel harper will get dropped although he's the first centre picked at the moment for mine

1. Harper 2. Walker 3. Suli 4. Parker 5. Tuipulotu 6. Funa
order of centres on preference for me

The so-called RL experts have repeatedly claimed Manly didn't have any depth in its roster.
How wrong were they. The opposite is true.
When we had 10 players unavailable we started our winning run.
What our roster contains is many players yet to be acknowledged as good first graders. By the end of this season these players will not be underestimated, and our worry will be that they will be in the sights of poachers.

The so-called RL experts have repeatedly claimed Manly didn't have any depth in its roster.
What our roster contains is many players yet to be acknowledged as good first graders. By the end of this season these players will not be underestimated, and our worry will be that they will be in the sights of poachers.
We don’t have depth in a couple of key positions.

While I believe Suli and Walker offer more in attack, they also have the propensity to make "me first" single minded decisions in defence. The thing I love about Parker and Harper is they play their part in team structures and I'd bet Des loves that aswell. Known quantity 7 out of 10 players can be more valuable than erratic 3-9/10 players.

Great points

Walker:
Think Walker is the tough one out of these 3 - had he been playing his best position at Centre and sucking, it would be easier to stick it to him and keep him in the Reggies.

Fullback is such a different position to manage than Centre or even 5/8th - defensively look at what Turbo has done to this backline, and look at Tom's movement and the way he reads the game, screams at his troops, and is always in the right place. That can't be learned overnight - and I think Walks discovered how hard it is to just shift into that position and get it right.

Des used him there he thinks Walker is a good instinctive footy player and would pick it up as he did 5/8th. Maybe he didn't want Harper to have a baptism by fire. Given Harper's performance though Hindsight may argue that Harper would have coped and possibly excelled, just as he is doing now. Harper is a super talent in retrospect.

Suli:
As it is Suli is the easiest to leave out. He simply needs better form - he's an underperforming Centre in Def especially, and is not adding enough starch in attack to overlook his poor Defensive decisions. He may not miss the tackles specifically, but his positioning and inability to read the play is dire based on what I have seen - it really worries me actually, as its like he has no footy instinct when defending at all.

Then again, if Suli lifted as much as the rest of the team with Tom's return it would be a frightening prospect for other teams.

Siro:
Siro is 2nd easiest to leave off - repeatedly making bad decisions in attack that starve our outside backs of any ball and in turn this eats at their confidence. The guy could be so much better, but either the way Des uses him, or his snap decision making in-game are just off a bit. The younger guys like Guac, Sipley, Schuster and Keppie just seem to want it more and are more cohesive team-players.

Siro does bring some experience, but that has been out-done by enthusiasm and energy in the modern game - Siro's experience is not in the new 6-again era and imo counts for less. The best team in the comp are the least experienced in terms of games played.

Walker was our best attacking centre 2 years and 3 pretty heavy injuries ago. Is a a flip of a coin whether he or Suli is our worst defensive centre. Funa, Parker and Harper are all way ahead of those 2 defensively.
Suli should not see FG again this year unless there are several injuries. He lacks everything Harper has and is behind Parker , if not Funa as well, in my books.
Walker is not back for 2-4 weeks, maybe longer, has probably lost 2 yards of the pace he had 2+ years ago and honestly needs to play outstanding football for Blacktown to deserve a crack at either Parker or Harper's spot.
Sirro plays for Blacktown.

Walker was our best attacking centre 2 years and 3 pretty heavy injuries ago. Is a a flip of a coin whether he or Suli is our worst defensive centre. Funa, Parker and Harper are all way ahead of those 2 defensively.
Suli should not see FG again this year unless there are several injuries. He lacks everything Harper has and is behind Parker , if not Funa as well, in my books.
Walker is not back for 2-4 weeks, maybe longer, has probably lost 2 yards of the pace he had 2+ years ago and honestly needs to play outstanding football for Blacktown to deserve a crack at either Parker or Harper's spot.
Sirro plays for Blacktown.
Walker was slower this year than previous before this hamstring injury.

Hopefully he can get it back but if he doesn't I don't see him at centre or FB.

Walker:
Think Walker is the tough one out of these 3 - had he been playing his best position at Centre and sucking, it would be easier to stick it to him and keep him in the Reggies.

Fullback is such a different position to manage than Centre or even 5/8th - defensively look at what Turbo has done to this backline, and look at Tom's movement and the way he reads the game, screams at his troops, and is always in the right place. That can't be learned overnight - and I think Walks discovered how hard it is to just shift into that position and get it right.

Des used him there he thinks Walker is a good instinctive footy player and would pick it up as he did 5/8th. Maybe he didn't want Harper to have a baptism by fire. Given Harper's performance though Hindsight may argue that Harper would have coped and possibly excelled, just as he is doing now. Harper is a super talent in retrospect.

Suli:
As it is Suli is the easiest to leave out. He simply needs better form - he's an underperforming Centre in Def especially, and is not adding enough starch in attack to overlook his poor Defensive decisions. He may not miss the tackles specifically, but his positioning and inability to read the play is dire based on what I have seen - it really worries me actually, as its like he has no footy instinct when defending at all.

Then again, if Suli lifted as much as the rest of the team with Tom's return it would be a frightening prospect for other teams.

Siro:
Siro is 2nd easiest to leave off - repeatedly making bad decisions in attack that starve our outside backs of any ball and in turn this eats at their confidence. The guy could be so much better, but either the way Des uses him, or his snap decision making in-game are just off a bit. The younger guys like Guac, Sipley, Schuster and Keppie just seem to want it more and are more cohesive team-players.

Siro does bring some experience, but that has been out-done by enthusiasm and energy in the modern game - Siro's experience is not in the new 6-again era and imo counts for less. The best team in the comp are the least experienced in terms of games played.
I agree with your assessment of Harper. He’s turned out to be a real surprise packet.

Walker takes over from Parker,sorry but Harper is proving to be bae
Sirro yeah nah i don't know,maybe steals the bench spot from the interchange back rower but probably just takes haumoles jersey with him reverting to bench
Suli ......lol are you ****ing serious? He's done at this club unless he can get rid of Garrick the fraud,he will never be a first grade player despite playing there for us at the moment,Suli could one day be a bonifide star

Jake is really....uhhh.....he's.......i love the guy but is he one of our 8 best forwards at the moment? I'm loving our new starting props,kudos on that pairing....our bench props are a chefs kiss level of goodness...back row he's behind Keppie,Schuster the megastud and uhh... god he just doesn't have leg drive,his post contact metres stink and all the bad discipline is momentum killing

Jesus ****ing Christ Jake please stand up

Walker takes over from Parker,sorry but Harper is proving to be bae
Sirro yeah nah i don't know,maybe steals the bench spot from the interchange back rower but probably just takes haumoles jersey with him reverting to bench
Suli ......lol are you ****ing serious? He's done at this club unless he can get rid of Garrick the fraud,he will never be a first grade player despite playing there for us at the moment,Suli could one day be a bonifide star

Jake is really....uhhh.....he's.......i love the guy but is he one of our 8 best forwards at the moment? I'm loving our new starting props,kudos on that pairing....our bench props are a chefs kiss level of goodness...back row he's behind Keppie,Schuster the megastud and uhh... god he just doesn't have leg drive,his post contact metres stink and all the bad discipline is momentum killing

Jesus ****ing Christ Jake please stand up
Probably your best ever post for me after translation...at least I agree with some of it. Keep up the good work clown.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10