Walker, Sironen, Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The other thing is we have finally sorted out our defence. I keep remembering last time Walker played centre for us. He was a defensive liability on the right, was then moved over to the left and was a worse defensive liability there. I know some here rate his attack and no doubt he is a great attacking player but at what expense? No good him scoring a try a game if he let's in 2!
Parker is a rock no doubt..... just let Walker prove his case at Blacktown for a week or two or until we lose and the Centres form drops. Competition for spots is a great thing and drives excellence.... but if you are playing great... you shouldn't be dropped and Harper and Parker are playing great at the moment.

The other thing is we have finally sorted out our defence. I keep remembering last time Walker played centre for us. He was a defensive liability on the right, was then moved over to the left and was a worse defensive liability there. I know some here rate his attack and no doubt he is a great attacking player but at what expense? No good him scoring a try a game if he let's in 2!
I dont remember the Centre of the year and Australian centre being a defensive liability

Name one player that was good enough to play for his country that was a liability in defence

It is only a tough call when you think with your emotions

Logic says Walker is a superior centre
My emotions actually tell me it is Walker at a canter... it is my head telling me that Parker brings his own capabilities to the show and shouldn’t be forgotten.
Walker is also a bit of a douche bag, whereas Parker is straight down the line. Makes the most of what he’s been given. Walker could be anything, but I think his best moments are behind him already, tbh.

Parker is a rock no doubt..... just let Walker prove his case at Blacktown for a week or two or until we lose and the Centres form drops. Competition for spots is a great thing and drives excellence.... but if you are playing great... you shouldn't be dropped and Harper and Parker are playing great at the moment.
I also don't think we can understate Parker's shape to our left edge. He rarely gets the ball but his hole running is perfect our shape and attacking structure on the left. It allows Tommy to have space out the back!

To play great you need to perform at high standards in both defence and attack

How how great as you say and effective was Parker in attack ?

I appreciate your loyalty for Parker
I like Brad as well as he is putting in the effort
In order to evolve as a quality finals team we need to strengthen our deficiencies
Parker is a competent defensive centre but he is not a comprehensive all round quality centre and a weapon in attack like the quality centres in the top 8 teams
Parker has scored 16 tries in 5 years . That is not up to standards with quality strike players
that the teams above us have

Your quote of Brad being a better centre than Walker will ever be is a funny
When Walker was playing centre he played for his Country and was centre of the year
I did only mean his defence is better than Walkers will ever be.
His attack is obviously not as good,
And it would seem since Tom is back it may not be as bigger issue with other avenues of attack opening up.

To play great you need to perform at high standards in both defence and attack

How how great as you say and effective was Parker in attack ?
He gets us on the front foot coming out of trouble which is a massive help. Anyway Bozo - as you know - love your positivity but we agree to disagree on this one.... that is ok to do.

I dont remember the Centre of the year and Australian centre being a defensive liability

Name one player that was good enough to play for his country that was a liability in defence
You obviously have a short memory. Have you forgotten about Walkers time at centre under Barrett? He was woeful in defence. You keep bringing up that he played for Australia BUT that was many moons ago, many injuries ago and he wasn't even playing at Manly at that time.

At origin we will lose turbo, Jake and DCE
Cust to 7
Shoe to 13
Hamoule to 12
Garrick to FB

Walks to wing/centre.

OR
Harper to FB and walks to centre.

You obviously have a short memory. Have you forgotten about Walkers time at centre under Barrett? He was woeful in defence. You keep bringing up that he played for Australia BUT that was many moons ago, many injuries ago and he wasn't even playing at Manly at that time.
Ok mate
Parker is a better centre than Walker
Believe what you want to

Ok mate
Parker is a better centre than Walker
Believe what you want to
Your messiah Walker has only scored 27 tries in 86 games for Manly. I know you'll say he's been "out of position" but its hardly a great strike rate. Also Barrett and Des have not seen him as a starting centre or maybe they might have kept him there IF he was as good as you say in that position. Or maybe just maybe they see he is a defensive liability and can't find a need to play him there.

Parker is exactly the sort of player who is gold in a good team. You cannot go stacking up your side with amazing attacking players all over the park. Apart from not being possible due to salary cap restrictions, the team dynamics are more important. You need players who do the unheralded hard 1% stuff all day in the background and do it with pleasure (no ego). That's Parker IMO. Yes, he has looked woeful at times this year, but that's more a reflection of how badly the team was going. He is a role player, and when the team is gelling and playing well, he is an important part.

Your messiah Walket has only scored 27 tries in 86 games for Manly. I know you'll say he's been "out of position" but its hardly a great strike rate. Also Barrett and Des have not seen him as a starting centre or maybe they might have kept him there IF he was as good as you say in that position. Or maybe just maybe they see he is a defensive liability and can't find a need to play him there.
My Messiah has played for his country and won the best player in his position

What has your Messiah achieved ?

:)

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4