Walker, Sironen, Suli

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
One is dependable with defence ,the other is a turnstile.
Perspective time ...

The be nominated best centre of the year ahead of all your peers you are more than a turn style You are a dominant player

Both players at their peak their is no contest

The slow and predictable Parker may be dependable but he is not a dominant player and dominant players dominate the Big close matches

The other thing is we have finally sorted out our defence. I keep remembering last time Walker played centre for us. He was a defensive liability on the right, was then moved over to the left and was a worse defensive liability there. I know some here rate his attack and no doubt he is a great attacking player but at what expense? No good him scoring a try a game if he let's in 2!
How do I give this more than one winner trophy. Walker might be our best attacking Centre but there’s more to the game than attack. Plus the guy is bloody injury prone which only leads to a lack of cohesion and combination. He also runs across field worse than Cherry in his most chook like state. He may have played for Oz/nsw imo he is no rep Centre nowadays. Have said it before, I’d be glad to part ways with this guy at seasons end.

Aquila Uate
Can you imagine Parker having his skill and Speed and domination on the field that made Uate a rep player for NSW and Australia ?

Some on here have low standards and short memories

The Parker v Uate challenge is a no contest

Can you imagine Parker having his skill and Speed and domination on the field that made Uate a rep player for NSW and Australia ?

Some on here have low standards and short memories

The Parker v Uate challenge is a no contest

We were talking defence Bozo not attack. I agree Dylan offers more with the pill than Parker does. I just sit more in the camp that he earns his spot back rather than strolls in. It’s a good problem to have. I also personally don’t subscribe to the notion of a best 17. It’s irrelavent these days as rarely do teams field their “best” 17. We are a squad of 30 players with varying skill sets that will all likely be called upon when needed. Right now the 17 we are fielding is our best 17 and that’s hard to argue. We start losing again or injury hits - which it will, others including Dylan will get their shot. At which point I hope they make every post a winner, just like Harper, Schu, keppie and Guac have.

I'm glad Brad Parker is playing better.

But to say our team is better with him rather than Walker in the centres boggles my mind.
Parker is playing better and I am happy for him and our team

I would be happier to see what is best for our team and that is to have a more dominant
player fill his position so we can be a more all round dominant premiership threat

We were talking defence Bozo not attack. I agree Dylan offers more with the pill than Parker does. I just sit more in the camp that he earns his spot back rather than strolls in. It’s a good problem to have. I also personally don’t subscribe to the notion of a best 17. It’s irrelavent these days as rarely do teams field their “best” 17. We are a squad of 30 players with varying skill sets that will all likely be called upon when needed. Right now the 17 we are fielding is our best 17 and that’s hard to argue. We start losing again or injury hits - which it will, others including Dylan will get their shot. At which point I hope they make every post a winner, just like Harper, Schu, keppie and Guac have.
If we are talking about defence than we are also talking about the 16 thrashing in a row that our team endured with Parkers inept pace and defence at the time

The moral of the story
I would be happier to see what is best for our team and that is to have a more dominant
player fill his position so we can be a more all round dominant premiership threat

Yes Parker has played fine the last few games. But so has everyone else in the team who looked bad in the first month.

90% of Silvertails wanted him gone a month ago but now many want him in front of a proven International centre like Walker. Look I'm not the biggest Walker fan on or off the field. But he has to be there in front of Parker as it raises the ceiling of this team. As Bozo points out whether it is Walker or another, we need a more dominant player than Parker in that spot.

The moral of the story
The problem is walker is not greg inglis. Walker has not dominated in any position since coming to manly, he is overrated. Like suli not worth what we are paying them.

After 2 games with Turbo and the team firing on all cylinders, it may seem like Parker is a no brainer. But seriously everyone, Parker or Walker at centre? Walker every day of the week. I'm happy to see Parker hold his own atm - but that's all he has ever done or will ever do: at best, hold his own. Walker at centre is a genuine weapon. He's fast, aggressive, unpredictable, possess great skill and footwork, burns Parker every day of the week fro acceleration and evasive ability. Defensively, at centre, Walker is very sound, and often makes it personal with his opposite number - a great trait, and more often than not, he comes out on top. Given the same team that played these last two weeks, if you put Walker instead of Parker, we could have cracked the 50 mark in both games. On the other side of the field, however, you definitely can;t say the same about Suli. Harper has proven to be a far better option, both in attack and defence. Walker in, Suli out! And Parker a very handy back-up. The big dilemma will be with Siro..you'd hate to change up our forwards atm

After 2 games with Turbo and the team firing on all cylinders, it may seem like Parker is a no brainer. But seriously everyone, Parker or Walker at centre? Walker every day of the week. I'm happy to see Parker hold his own atm - but that's all he has ever done or will ever do: at best, hold his own. Walker at centre is a genuine weapon. He's fast, aggressive, unpredictable, possess great skill and footwork, burns Parker every day of the week fro acceleration and evasive ability. Defensively, at centre, Walker is very sound, and often makes it personal with his opposite number - a great trait, and more often than not, he comes out on top. Given the same team that played these last two weeks, if you put Walker instead of Parker, we could have cracked the 50 mark in both games. On the other side of the field, however, you definitely can;t say the same about Suli. Harper has proven to be a far better option, both in attack and defence. Walker in, Suli out! And Parker a very handy back-up. The big dilemma will be with Siro..you'd hate to change up our forwards atm
I've rewatched a few of our early games and Walker was not fast by a long way. Nothing like he was before his injuries.
Maybe because he was a bit lost at FB but I'm not convinced.

I'd love to swap Sirro and Suli for Connor Watson.
Newly only signed him for this year and he is very versatile and handles the fast game quite well.
Backs up 9, 1,13,6 and probably centre.

whilst this is true, still a lot faster than parker
Maybe he is, but he also has another leg injury.
He is definitely slower than when he last played centre, even before this injury.
Hope he gets it back a) as a weapon for us OR b) as a player to trade.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8