Walker keen to stay

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
So let's get rid of Walker & Api...bring in Aitken, Leilua, Liddle (who'd become the best hooker in the club) & Garner lolol.
referring to best hooker in club meant fainu is above api in my opinion now due to what he offers in the team.
re aitken look how good he was a year or two ago, des and manlys structure have turned parker into a quality centre who was complete scraps last year, not to mention suli, who couldnt stay at a club to save his life. my main priority is signing up the trbojevics, so need to cut on coin, why have api for 500k per year (thereabouts surely) when fainu is clearly ready, and there are cheaper options for 14? were under cap stress so i just think api is not a complete priority now. liddle has been eyed by hasler supposedly and would cost nothing for the #14, but id prefer dockar clay given a chance
same goes for leilua, although he is a grub, was just a thought of a quality player on the outer if we did want to get a centre on bigger coin, but agreed, not really a necessary buy or a manly fit.
my premise is basically i would rather a 6-7/10 centre than a 7-8/10 centre who has a history of behavioural problems, such as bashing his missus, especially if the former is on less coin than dylan. despite how good he can be surely we draw a line between how good you can be on the field with what you do off it?
garner is good and would cost nothing, we probably do need one second row purchase for depth considering thommo is out the back door.
with my luck ill probably eat my words on dylan now tho, with him going on to become one of the form five-eighths/centres in the comp again

referring to best hooker in club meant fainu is above api in my opinion now due to what he offers in the team.
re aitken look how good he was a year or two ago, des and manlys structure have turned parker into a quality centre who was complete scraps last year, not to mention suli, who couldnt stay at a club to save his life. my main priority is signing up the trbojevics, so need to cut on coin, why have api for 500k per year (thereabouts surely) when fainu is clearly ready, and there are cheaper options for 14? were under cap stress so i just think api is not a complete priority now. liddle has been eyed by hasler supposedly and would cost nothing for the #14, but id prefer dockar clay given a chance
same goes for leilua, although he is a grub, was just a thought of a quality player on the outer if we did want to get a centre on bigger coin, but agreed, not really a necessary buy or a manly fit.
my premise is basically i would rather a 6-7/10 centre than a 7-8/10 centre who has a history of behavioural problems, such as bashing his missus, especially if the former is on less coin than dylan. despite how good he can be surely we draw a line between how good you can be on the field with what you do off it?
garner is good and would cost nothing, we probably do need one second row purchase for depth considering thommo is out the back door.
with my luck ill probably eat my words on dylan now tho, with him going on to become one of the form five-eighths/centres in the comp again
Mate careful about accusing Walker of 'bashing his missus'...........found NOT GUILTY & the charges were dismissed. Enlighten me on this HISTORY of behavioral problems?? His behavioral problems are greatly exaggerated as far as I'm concerned > punched a door (WOW), overdosed on prescription drugs whilst at Souths (stupid yes but didn't hurt anyone), got punched in the head during a game (so what, only hurt himself)......what else. He's a cheeky fu@k yes but every team has one. You make it sound like he's a Ben Barba or a Zane Tetevano or Packer who were all proven guilty. Many on here dislike Walker.....I don't & want him at Manly for a long time to come! Aitken, Leilua etc don't come close to Walker.......just sayin'.

I thought we got rid of Watmough - the three penalties and four knock-ons through each game being the allowable debit on his game.

Move over Choc, D. Walker has taken your reign.

Three penalties against him and dropped balls as he lets the ball go and stares at the ref, claiming the ball was raked out.
We lose our play the ball speed because he's always appealling to the ref.

Dylan, you're a good player. Just play to the whistle and get on with your game!

Three penalties against him and dropped balls as he lets the ball go and stares at the ref, claiming the ball was raked out.
We lose our play the ball speed because he's always appealling to the ref.

Dylan, you're a good player. Just play to the whistle and get on with your game!

That's the one thing that used to drive me crazy about Hiku as well.

Every time he was tackled he felt he needed to look at the ref, hold his arms out, slowly get back to his feet, then play the ball. How the coach didn't or couldn't fix that in 1 or 2 simple sentences was beyond me.

I was a fan of all but that about him.

I think credit where its due, Walker is playing far more direct instead of crabbing his outside backs at 5/8, looked dangerous running , plus threw some great early ball to give his outside attack a go.
The area I would love to see him improve is support play....if he can push up in attack a little more, I reckon he would add some extra strike to the Manly attack as we have plenty who offer 2nd phase....this stick to the left in attack until its your turn is not Walker, he is an instinctive player and the more he puts himself into the game, the better for Manly.
He does needs more than 1 -2 good games there ....if he can string 4-5 could be a Massive upside for the side.

Mate careful about accusing Walker of 'bashing his missus'...........found NOT GUILTY & the charges were dismissed. Enlighten me on this HISTORY of behavioral problems?? His behavioral problems are greatly exaggerated as far as I'm concerned > punched a door (WOW), overdosed on prescription drugs whilst at Souths (stupid yes but didn't hurt anyone), got punched in the head during a game (so what, only hurt himself)......what else. He's a cheeky fu@k yes but every team has one. You make it sound like he's a Ben Barba or a Zane Tetevano or Packer who were all proven guilty. Many on here dislike Walker.....I don't & want him at Manly for a long time to come! Aitken, Leilua etc don't come close to Walker.......just sayin'.

fair point re being careful of accusing him of that, just dont condone it and i remember at the time when it came out the evidence looked pretty clear cut, witnesses marks and all. he is a good player fair enough but i just think manly is a great club and can hold themselves higher than the accused, especially since we have a great team, coach and staff and could easily cope without dylan.

fair point re being careful of accusing him of that, just dont condone it and i remember at the time when it came out the evidence looked pretty clear cut, witnesses marks and all. he is a good player fair enough but i just think manly is a great club and can hold themselves higher than the accused, especially since we have a great team, coach and staff and could easily cope without dylan.
No one condones it but unless you have conclusive evidence that he did it other than from media stories then better to say nothing. Walker is staying & I’m all for it!

Last edited:
Had a chance to sit and chat with Dwalkz with a couple of team members and past players after the game last week

Was very surprised at the demeanour and the way they interacted all together

To me There was not a hint of not fitting in with the playing group and to the contrary, he was actually a main part of the fun and everyone’s knives that if succeeds we have a game breaker

Just my thoughts from what I saw

I will say at souffs he was in the environment where the team played like they were victims and angry and they behaved that way

I think he is understanding and beginning to like what it feels like to be a manly player

The jury is still out I guess

Had a chance to sit and chat with Dwalkz with a couple of team members and past players after the game last week

Was very surprised at the demeanour and the way they interacted all together

To me There was not a hint of not fitting in with the playing group and to the contrary, he was actually a main part of the fun and everyone’s knives that if succeeds we have a game breaker

Just my thoughts from what I saw

I will say at souffs he was in the environment where the team played like they were victims and angry and they behaved that way

I think he is understanding and beginning to like what it feels like to be a manly player

The jury is still out I guess

Good call! I have found that this years players have been way more supporter friendly and are more willing to have a chat, take a photo, sign autographs etc than any of the last 5 years player crops. Even have a few recognise me and come over for the chat and shake hands. Maybe under the previous team management they were a little elitist and snobby. Maybe they have been told to pull their respective heads in and look after us supporters.

Good call! I have found that this years players have been way more supporter friendly and are more willing to have a chat, take a photo, sign autographs etc than any of the last 5 years player crops. Even have a few recognise me and come over for the chat and shake hands. Maybe under the previous team management they were a little elitist and snobby. Maybe they have been told to pull their respective heads in and look after us supporters.
Or the era of the fans not counting ended when a certain individual’s time at the trough came to an end last year.

Great game from Dylan tonight, love to see a running half and he caused them quite a bit of mayhem. Nice that we have depth in this area now.

He looked sharp all night.

His passing is so crisp. He puts the ball in front of the running player encouraging him to run into the ball.

His shot at a field goal took me by surprise. It was once again very crisp.

I’m sold on him at 6.
Storm looked worried every time he touched the ball. His passes are good hes fast and elusive im very surprised at how good hes going. He played better than munster imo what do you think? That field goal killed me i thought it was in hahaha what a game

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8