Walker keen to stay

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Probable reasons what Des thinks about Walker at 5/8
1-he is progressing ahead of schedule (will be better 2020)
2-has organised our left side defence and turned it into a fortress (unlike right)
3-reads the game well
4-gives early ball to his forwards and backs
5-has an excellent right to left and the more difficult left to right pass (if your right handed)
6-kicking has improved and will get better (Kerry/Easts was criticised for his kicking not anymore)
7-creates and combines well with his backs when making breaks
8-appears to get along with all the players

Improvements ahead
In my opinion his biggest improvement to come will be combining his running game into the mix
Train and get fitter
Perfect Combinations
Perfect short and long kicks
:think:

Great news that he has extended with us. He has really come on this year in his new roll as our 5/8. I really am warming to the idea of him partnering DCE for years to come.
I don’t think we need any signings outside of what we already have besides a bench Hooker. This is a grand final winning squad in the making with the young ones coming through.

Gez this is good got a great vibe for next year. Retained walker, thommo, jack G, parker, sipley. While biggest one long term Josh Schuster. We now starting to build geniune depth.

Same Twit (Wackos) is saying 2 year deal for both Walker and Schuster. Let's wait for OFFICIAL announcement #nextweek

Probable reasons what Des thinks about Walker at 5/8
1-he is progressing ahead of schedule (will be better 2020)
2-has organised our left side defence and turned it into a fortress (unlike right)
3-reads the game well
4-gives early ball to his forwards and backs
5-has an excellent right to left and the more difficult left to right pass (if your right handed)
6-kicking has improved and will get better (Kerry/Easts was criticised for his kicking not anymore)
7-creates and combines well with his backs when making breaks
8-appears to get along with all the players

Improvements ahead
In my opinion his biggest improvement to come will be combining his running game into the mix
Train and get fitter
Perfect Combinations
Perfect short and long kicks
He has been great in the halves.. that finals game he was amazing. The last 3 weeks he was one of the better halves in the comp.. and without turbo to help him. I hope we sign him in a 3 year deal hes a great player and i agree the boys love him from what iv seen. Go Manly!

Improvements ahead

Agree on this point - needs to create uncertainty as to whether he will use his speed and run, he hasn't done much of that as he has concentrated on improving his passing game. Will be great to see it come together hopefully next year. Very pleased he has re-signed - seemed gone for all money a few short months ago.

MD Today

Walker is happy to remain in the Eagles nest
DYLAN Walker is delighted to be staying on the peninsula with the Sea Eagles.

The exciting and electrifying back confirmed he signed a new two-year contract with the club last week.
“It’s really good that my future is settled and I can get on with things,” Walker said.

He always wanted to remain at the Sea Eagles and calls the northern beaches home with his young family.

Walker was in a good space this week now that he knows where he will be for the next few seasons at least.

And with the ink barely dry on his new contract Walker was back having a workout at the Premier Fitness Centre in Brookvale on Thursday.
He wants to stay in reasonable shape ahead of the start of coach Des Hasler’s infamous pre-season training campaign which will be overseen by the Sea Eagles head of high performance Donny Singe.

After a dramatic start to the year Walker bounced back to finish the season in terrific form.

He looked very comfortable in the five-eighth spot, which had been a bit of a problem area for the club.

Walker’s retention is a big boost for Manly and he will be a key figure with the club set to give the premiership a red hot crack in 2020.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8