Walker keen to stay

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
giphy.gif

2-3 seasons ago Walker was our best player. I wish he would play more like that...
That is because he was playing right center his position. Dce was feeding him good early ball we had plays to involve him more. Now......... cust throws him the ball with the opposition in his face. He gets space he creates but then jorge has been too slow a couple times now that's why walker needs garrick. Dce garrick walker is a premiership winning combination. Suli should go left side but i fear he and taufua will leak like a siv in defense. Hmmmm doesn't look like des will swap them so yeah **** walker will remain until hes dropped or put back in his position. Look at parker he was a disgraceful winger but a good center. Walker needs turbo to feed him early ball but he does the same as cust runs until he has no space then palms it off to walker. Walker is a beast of a player and a real x factor but he needs good service! And a winger who isnt as slow as an old ass turtle

Last edited:
The truth is we paid overs for Walker and apart from 2017 he hasn't really delivered.
For him to stay he will have to take a substantial pay cut, a centre nowadays doesn't command anything like the money of past, it's probably the least important position in a team nowadays

We could really use a centre like Walker playing at his best.
But that guy hasn't been sighted in a long time.

He can say he wants to stay all he likes.
Is he prepared to sign a contract that reflects his contribution or does he expect to be paid on reputation ?

You can't play like Jye Mullane and expect to be paid like Jamie Lyon. Simple.

I like the thought of this squad having a bit of coin to spend on a couple of additions. With suli, parker who has only shown improvement at this point , little hoppa, and a few youngies its possibly the best way manly could go to get some cap relief , by flicking our most expensive back.

Centres getting the ball as attacking options has been poor since jamie retired. Rucking out to get touches . As tom is now our primary playmaker our centres are out of position too often. When our halves run the ball consistently we could vest in some game breaking centres but id go strong, solid and reliable until 2021 and most likely 2 more after that

That is because he was playing right center his position. Dce was feeding him good early ball we had plays to involve him more. Now......... cust throws him the ball with the opposition in his face. He gets space he creates but then jorge has been too slow a couple times now that's why walker needs garrick. Dce garrick walker is a premiership winning combination. Suli should go left side but i fear he and taufua will leak like a siv in defense. Hmmmm doesn't look like des will swap them so yeah **** walker will remain until hes dropped or put back in his position. Look at parker he was a disgraceful winger but a good center. Walker needs turbo to feed him early ball but he does the same as cust runs until he has no space then palms it off to walker. Walker is a beast of a player and a real x factor but he needs good service! And a winger who isnt as slow as a old ass turtle
Agree. We need walker to be playing right and be fed good early ball like chez did so well with Chambers in origin. Simple but really effective. Parker to left centre and suli to fight with jorge for left wing.

With Jake and Tom about to sign big contracts, something’s got to give.

We need Taupau and AFB so we can’t afford Walker on his $600-$650k.

I’d offer him $450-$500k and see what he does.

If he leaves it won’t upset me as he has only had one good year with us. Plus we have Suli, Parker is improving all the time and then Albert Hopoate will be coming through as well as some others like Funa and not sure what position Schuster will end up in.

A few Facebook pages saying he has extended. No details on length or cost.
Could be just usual social media bull****.
I guess #nextweek is when we will find out

Walker is off contract on november 1 2019, so that means any possible suitors were allowed to approach him to sign for 2020 on november 1 2018. Right? Where are they 7 months down the track? Haven't heard a peep. Not even a rumour! It "appears" no other clubs are showing interst in him.

I would not be re-signing him with any urgence. Give him the rest of the season to PROVE he deserves a new contract with us and at what substantiated value.

He has taken 1.2 mil from us over the last 2 seasons, playing maybe half of our games with probably more detriment than team benefit and needs to prove his worth... starting this week!

Your time here must be surely be on a knife-edge Dylan.

If he is re-signed without a great leap in performance I will be dumbfounded.

=" If he is re-signed without a great leap in performance I will be dumbfounded.

agree, however depends on level of contract $$ offered. I still think he can get back to his best. He is only 24.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree. We need walker to be playing right and be fed good early ball like chez did so well with Chambers in origin. Simple but really effective. Parker to left centre and suli to fight with jorge for left wing.

100% agree with that. Don’t have to go back too far too see him on that side, injury free season, Dally M centre of the year and set for higher honours before breaking his leg. Uate was also dynamite outside him in year 1 and fell away in year 2 when Walker wasn’t there

Cust either double pumps the ball cutting down Walkers time or goes himself. On the few occasions that Walker has got decent ball he has done something with, putting Taufua away a few times

He isn’t playing at his peak ability right now, but the signs are there that it is coming. No knock on Parker here, but his ceiling is probably at about Walkers 85%

100% agree with that. Don’t have to go back too far too see him on that side, injury free season, Dally M centre of the year and set for higher honours before breaking his leg. Uate was also dynamite outside him in year 1 and fell away in year 2 when Walker wasn’t there

Cust either double pumps the ball cutting down Walkers time or goes himself. On the few occasions that Walker has got decent ball he has done something with, putting Taufua away a few times

He isn’t playing at his peak ability right now, but the signs are there that it is coming. No knock on Parker here, but his ceiling is probably at about Walkers 85%
The problem is that having a higher ceiling doesn't make you a better player. Look at Nick Kyrios and Tomic. Both have extremely high ceilings but without the heart and commitment both are massively under performing. Yes walker has more natural talent but You've gotta love Parker's hard work and commitment. Parker's like a centre version of Nathan Hindmarsh... or if continuing the tennis theme he is a lleyton Hewitt type, and we all know even though Hewitt never had the "ceiling" kyrios has Hewitt is the one who reached world #1 and "edit" won 2 opens

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4