Walker keen to stay

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Start playing like you’re as good as you think you are. At this stage, you’ve been somewhat of an expensive imposter, played about 60% of the games you’ve been paid for, and had zero positive impact since you’ve been back from your last long term lay off.

I'd rather send the money towards Jai Arrow to bolster the pack, especially with Thommo leaving

I don't think we should be paying 800k for Arrow. With Jake, Siro, Taupau, AFB we have enough quality and money tied up in the forward pack already. Plus Waddell, Paseka, Sipley etc are decent cheapies.

We need some more talent and speed in the backs. I'd be paying market price for Walker as i think he will come good.

Its a tricky call to what Walker is worth as the difference between his best and worst is a 3/10 - 8/10.....someone like Jarrod Croker is consistent and there's 1 to maybe 2 points difference, from his best and worst games....this is why I found the offer to Mitchell recently based on his best form as Crazy - the inconsistency factor.
Walker basically has from now till seasons end to prove what he is worth, the ball is in his court.

2-3 seasons ago Walker was our best player. I wish he would play more like that...

Agreed. Mind you he had an effective ball distributer inside him in Green. I like Cust and he shows at times he's capable of good ball distribution, but he's a half as is Elgey. Croker is strong and a good defender, but not much for ball distribution. We need a Cliff Lyons/Alan Thomson type. I'm hoping young Schuster makes the grade because he's a damn good ball player.

I see a pretty lost kid here - and I’m the first one to scream Dylan ****ing Walker!! during a game.
I hope someone is looking after him.
Interesting that MWSE edited their version of the press conference.

One of the issues I see with Walker besides the obvious;

Part of his X factor is getting under the skin of the opposition. Keeping his head down after the charge takes away from his value.

If he is retained he wont be on that five eight paycheck for sure

I'd rather send the money towards Jai Arrow to bolster the pack, especially with Thommo leaving
He is a realistic option. Currently at a rabble where a coach he apparently liked just got the flick, yet we have one of the best coaches here at manly, as well as his origin captain dce and one of his best friends in Morgan Boyle. Northern Beaches has a similar lifestyle to the goldy. Thompson leaving as you said but also (im not necessarily suggesting this next part but worth saying) taupau’s contract ends when Jai Arrow’s does (2020)

Imagine the workload of both Jake Trbojevic AND Jai Arrow in one team, they’d be crazy good together, our pack would be consistently ruthless. Walker, it’s hard to tell whether to retain him or not. Seems like a genuinely kind person (despite his **** ups) who loves the club (remember when he shut down those rabbitohs rumours a year or two back), but is way too quiet in attack at the moment. Defensively he is performing worse than ever before but we all know how quickly his game can pull a full reversal where he will be one of our best. Time is ticking, best case scenario he plays brilliantly sooner rather than later and we re-sign him on less money to open up more cash to spend elsewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would re-sign Walker he has only played 6 games this season could be the reason he is struggling a bit but when he is on he is a class player
Walker wants to stay , So hopefully the club can work something out that suits both

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6