Tommy T. I’m excited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
SOO 2 report card ... Tommy Turbo

Attack ... A plus
General Defense .... A
Defense against constructed backline plays in own quarter .... not tested .....

don't ask HoldenV8 ... he'll blow a head gasget .... and Snake will start shedding skin!!

Seriously, Tom's best position is fullback, but he's just one of those talented players that you could put him on the wing, in the centres or even probably at 5/8 and he'd make it look easy.

Moving Tom to centre at club level is dumb and no one will convince me otherwise. I question the intellectual capacity of those who think it might be a plausible move.

Tell that to the pea brains on Facebook who every time he drops a ball (like the game against NQ a couple of weeks ago) post that he isn't a fullback and should only ever play in the centre's. I mean, seriously, before the season had even started there were those on the various Manly pages who had Des moving Tom to the wing or centre's as soon as Albert Hopoate was cleared fit to play after 12 months on the sidelines with that first ACL injury, and not even Mr Spock level logic could change their minds.

Apparently we poached him though...
Sydney Swans reveal Origin hero Tom Trbojevic could have been an AFL player before he was poached by NRL club Manly
Ben Horne, The Daily Telegraph
June 25, 2019 10:47am

...Actually it says in the story that we made him an offer and they didn't........but forget about reality, we poached him.

Turbo reminds me a lot of Greg Inglis coming through when he was young. GI could play anywhere in the backline and still star. I think he started on the weekend Ng then was moved to the centres, then 5/8 then fullback then back to the centres.

Tom will bulk up a little also and if he gets some more passing ability could transition into an excellent 5/8.

For Manly he has to play at fullback unless we were the cheating storm that could fit a better player in the spine. We simply have to make the team around DCE, Jake and Turbo.

They will take a huge chick of the cap then you just insert the likes of Parker and co and hope you hit a few winners.

Apparently we poached him though...
Sydney Swans reveal Origin hero Tom Trbojevic could have been an AFL player before he was poached by NRL club Manly
Ben Horne, The Daily Telegraph
June 25, 2019 10:47am
...Actually it says in the story that we made him an offer and they didn't........but forget about reality, we poached him.
We poached him from our own juniors. What fukstick wrote that article. Dog turd for brains.

I still think we need another sizeable name to fill either a wing, centre, or back row along with a couple of other lesser names. We don't even know how waddell will go on a edge defensively yet either. This is where I believe we need to recruit.

1.Trbojevic
2.???
3.Walker
4.???
5.Garrick
6.Cust
7.Cherry
8.AFB
9.Fainu
10.Taupau
11.???
12.Sironen
13.Trbojevic

14.???
15.Sipley
16.Boyle
17.Waddell

18.Croker
19.Schuster
20.Suli
21.Parker
22.Hopoate
23.Trex
24.Smith
25.Saddler
26.Paseka
27.Keppie
28.Gosiewski
29.Olakauatu
30.???
4 = Suli......

Seriously, Tom's best position is fullback, but he's just one of those talented players that you could put him on the wing, in the centres or even probably at 5/8 and he'd make it look easy.

Tell that to the pea brains on Facebook who every time he drops a ball (like the game against NQ a couple of weeks ago) post that he isn't a fullback and should only ever play in the centre's. I mean, seriously, before the season had even started there were those on the various Manly pages who had Des moving Tom to the wing or centre's as soon as Albert Hopoate was cleared fit to play after 12 months on the sidelines with that first ACL injury, and not even Mr Spock level logic could change their minds.
You only have to go back and look at how’s errors were in Slater’s game when he first burst onto the scene. He got dropped by QLD early in his origin career. A young fullback making errors is pretty commonplace in the nrl. It certainly doesn’t mean Tom is not a fullback.

On that note we should have a viewing of a couple of those tries. **** we scored some beauties against the Warriors, that last one of Stewart’s is just raw, blinding pace

Amazing

Just sent it to a couple of the try scorers and said if they have 15 minutes to have a look

Looks like it did the rounds amongst them

Well done

Jeez we were good and I reckon will be here again soon

Go Manly

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4