Tommy T. I’m excited

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Also hodko, taufua and no salary cap penalty. If Api is released then i believe we would be in the market for a back up hooker. Bring up olokatau, keppie and Schuster. Upgrade everyone we need to retain and replace Thommo, api and Jorge with the best available options with whatever money is left over. Be smart and go find another Garrick and Waddell types
Yep Schuster is key - in terms of how they handle him next year. It will be interesting how they bring him into first grade.

Yep Turbo has gone to a new level.
His game vs Illawarra was a sensation and then SOO 2 was crazy, keep in mind, been out with injury and only just got back...
His positional play looks sharper than before, the tips from Snake Stewart are definately part of his improvement also which includes more talk from the back.
Tom's transition has also gone from great player, to a great leader and he has a positive effect on those around him, which is a Huge plus.
I think Snake’s involvement has been huge for him. His support play all of a sudden is starting to become more reminiscent of Snake’s and should only improve as he gets more game time. He has had minimal games this season yet is always up in support in and around the middle, even around the edges at times. Origin and our good game vs dragons shows how damaging he can be behind a strong side

Yep Schuster is key - in terms of how they handle him next year. It will be interesting how they bring him into first grade.
I still think we need another sizeable name to fill either a wing, centre, or back row along with a couple of other lesser names. We don't even know how waddell will go on a edge defensively yet either. This is where I believe we need to recruit.

1.Trbojevic
2.???
3.Walker
4.???
5.Garrick
6.Cust
7.Cherry
8.AFB
9.Fainu
10.Taupau
11.???
12.Sironen
13.Trbojevic

14.???
15.Sipley
16.Boyle
17.Waddell

18.Croker
19.Schuster
20.Suli
21.Parker
22.Hopoate
23.Trex
24.Smith
25.Saddler
26.Paseka
27.Keppie
28.Gosiewski
29.Olakauatu
30.???

I still think we need another sizeable name to fill either a wing, centre, or back row along with a couple of other lesser names. We don't even know how waddell will go on a edge defensively yet either. This is where I believe we need to recruit.

1.Trbojevic
2.???
3.Walker
4.???
5.Garrick
6.Cust
7.Cherry
8.AFB
9.Fainu
10.Taupau
11.???
12.Sironen
13.Trbojevic

14.???
15.Sipley
16.Boyle
17.Waddell

18.Croker
19.Schuster
20.Suli
21.Parker
22.Hopoate
23.Trex
24.Smith
25.Saddler
26.Paseka
27.Keppie
28.Gosiewski
29.Olakauatu
30.???
You'd think Hoppa, Parker, Suli and Sam Smith would fight it out for the remaining spots at the back if Jorge is moved on. I just don't know if we will have the dollars to buy an expensive centre. As for the 11 - I don't see Gosi as a long term option somehow, I could be wrong; however, I think he will struggle to make the 17 next year if we buy another backrower and with the likes of Olakautu and potentially Schuster vying for a bench spot. I still think Croker is a shot at the utility - I see him as a half/hooker, that will not cost much at all and could play a vital role coming off the bench to spell Fainu.

What he is saying is that if you disagree with him then you have no clue about footy. @:)
finally someone with perceptive powers.

Honestly though, I stand by it.

Some things are subjective in RL and some things are just dumb.

Moving Tom to centre at club level is dumb and no one will convince me otherwise. I question the intellectual capacity of those who think it might be a plausible move.

Fainu will get and deserves a large upgrade. He will become our first string hooker and he will have clubs clamouring all over him if we don’t pony up what the market dictates
Yes, it will be a decent upgrade as I'd expect he'd be on minimum wage or close to it right now; however, I don't think it will be in the ballpark of the top rakes no matter how much potential he has (I am a massive fan of his by the way and have been pushing his barrow for some time - but he still has a ways to go).

1.Trbojevic
2.???
3.Walker
4.???
5.Garrick
6.Cust
7.Cherry
8.AFB
9.Fainu
10.Taupau
11.???
12.Sironen
13.Trbojevic

14.???
15.Sipley
16.Boyle
17.Waddell

18.Croker
19.Schuster
20.Suli
21.Parker
22.Hopoate
23.Trex
24.Smith
25.Saddler
26.Paseka
27.Keppie
28.Gosiewski
29.Olakauatu
30.???
I reckon you're on the money. I definitely think we need a strike centre or winger and happy for parker or suli to fill the last spot in backline. We also have young hoppa who could push for a start. Waddell could take Thommos place and add a decent depth forward. Then we definitely need a utility, croker is a good option but if we do let elgey and hodko go aswell as api then we need to add another utility option.

You'd think Hoppa, Parker, Suli and Sam Smith would fight it out for the remaining spots at the back if Jorge is moved on. I just don't know if we will have the dollars to buy an expensive centre. As for the 11 - I don't see Gosi as a long term option somehow, I could be wrong; however, I think he will struggle to make the 17 next year if we buy another backrower and with the likes of Olakautu and potentially Schuster vying for a bench spot. I still think Croker is a shot at the utility - I see him as a half/hooker, that will not cost much at all and could play a vital role coming off the bench to spell Fainu.
Im not convinced by Sam Smith just yet. Im not willing to write him off but will need to improve dramatically to push for a spot ahead of the others mentioned

Moving Tom to centre at club level is dumb and no one will convince me otherwise. I question the intellectual capacity of those who think it might be a plausible move.
Hypothetically if we had Turbo coming through a decade ago when we had Stewart at fullback would it have been so absurd to play Turbo at centre?
I agree he is a fullback and in this team his best position is fullback. I would say he is a better fullback than Tedesco but he is made to play centre for the blues. Same as my scenario with Brett Stewart, at that time Turbo would have been pushed to centre to accommodate stewart and to best benefit the team and he would be talked about as the best centre in the game. Yes he is a superstar Fullback and his best position is fullback but he can also be a superstar centre or winger.

Last edited:
I think Snake’s involvement has been huge for him. His support play all of a sudden is starting to become more reminiscent of Snake’s and should only improve as he gets more game time. He has had minimal games this season yet is always up in support in and around the middle, even around the edges at times. Origin and our good game vs dragons shows how damaging he can be behind a strong side
That 1st try last night had snake written all over it.. Ox and snake used to do that all the time! Im so happy snake is back at the club and yea tommy has improved in alot of areas he was behind in last season, the guys a machine. Tedesco is a beast but turbo is another kind of animal. The guy got 166 in supercoach last week, iv never seen tedesco run for over 300 meters and get a score like that. They both have there own style if i had to choose it would be turbo. What a combo two elite fullbacks haha poor ponga

Agree duffman the dogs are circling & we have money hungry owners.I hope they don’t offload the brothers for the cash.

Not sure I understand that comment ?
It’s not like EPL where you get a transfer fee to sell them so unless it’s a paper bag full of cash it’s just the salary cap being spent

I agree with you, madness to move him now unless you had a high quality rep level option at the back to make the question worthwhile

We did it with Jamie Lyon going to 5/8, which was able to happen because we had a rep centre in Bell and overall it strengthened the side

That 1st try last night had snake written all over it.. Ox and snake used to do that all the time! Im so happy snake is back at the club and yea tommy has improved in alot of areas he was behind in last season, the guys a machine. Tedesco is a beast but turbo is another kind of animal. The guy got 166 in supercoach last week, iv never seen tedesco run for over 300 meters and get a score like that. They both have there own style if i had to choose it would be turbo. What a combo two elite fullbacks haha poor ponga
Tedesco did set up two of Turbots tries. His work was unbelievable in both of them and Tommy just finished them off in support.
Both Tom and Teddy are superstars. Neither club would dream about letting them go anywhere else.

Tedesco did set up two of Turbots tries. His work was unbelievable in both of them and Tommy just finished them off in support.
Both Tom and Teddy are superstars. Neither club would dream about letting them go anywhere else.
And yet the Tigers let Teddy get away. Didn't help they were a basket case at the time. The key for us will be making sure the team as a whole is competitive - if they feel they can win at Manly, I doubt Tom, Jake and Ben will want to go anywhere else.

I agree but he did show his nous trailing up the fullback especially with the Ado-Carr set up. Was beautiful to watch

• 🤝
Reactions: Sue

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8