Tom Wright Gone and Jade Anderson on the outer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Absolute failure from our retention team!!

Can that be said without all the facts ?

May have been a case of him realising he wasn't going to cut it at the top level so he pulled the pin, maybe he wasn't enjoying it, we may well have cut him loose as well

The people making the decisions would see him at training etc as well

For me, what I saw in the Roosters game was a complete lack of effort, missing a tackle etc is fine, but when your opposite makes a break, and you are meant to be a speedster and you don't even bother chasing, red flags go up on the kids attitude and desire

Can that be said without all the facts ?

May have been a case of him realising he wasn't going to cut it at the top level so he pulled the pin, maybe he wasn't enjoying it, we may well have cut him loose as well

The people making the decisions would see him at training etc as well

For me, what I saw in the Roosters game was a complete lack of effort, missing a tackle etc is fine, but when your opposite makes a break, and you are meant to be a speedster and you don't even bother chasing, red flags go up on the kids attitude and desire

Agree.

Jeez I hope we get a no nonsense, take no prisoners approach coach that won't tolerate off performances (A.K.A. Cartwright). This clubs players (thinking they rule the kingdom) need a hard arse, to make them realise their places, and to set some definitive boundaries and expectations.

Tom Wright is the one gone.

He's signed a 2 year deal with the Brumbies in Super Rugby.

Dm2kM2JUUAEKJRN.jpg:large
Good luck to him, less tackling and more monies if he makes it to the Wallabies :clap:

Throw in the towel over Barrett or not wanted by the club?
No speculative repsonses, facts only if you would like to share

Neither can Maloney but hes won 2 premierships and a SOO series... go figure...

What makes Maloney ... is not speed, or attacking ability .... it is a football brain attached to a competitive mongrel ..

I have started several times that I suspected Tom didn't have the mental toughness nor maturity ....

All this good coach crap .... is just that crap .... if a kid doesn't have the desire to do whatever it takes, then the great pumpkin patch God couldn't coach him into first grade .... he never looked comfortable ....

I'm hoping we keep these two as they have a lot of promise, but just to play devils advocate

Charlie Taylor
Addison Demetriou
Liam Knight

People were flipping out when we let go of these three, hell I remember people getting the grumps when Hynes, Garner, Pratt, Pearsell left..........none have made fools of us yet

Maybe Ramien......but we had Lyon, Matai and Gutherson at the time

Ramien (in Cronulla's finals side), Hiku (in Warriors' finals side), Whare (in Penrith's finals side), Gutherson, Hargraves (in Sydney City's finals side). And then we see Knight in Canberra firsts. That's four of six of the first graders in other clubs playing finals football, while our bunch are second last. Lose Anderson and Tom Wright and you lose two of the fastest players in the club, just when we need pace in the backline. Are we therefore stuck with Parker , Taufua and Matt Wright as wingers...please. What else can we expect from this lot. Schuster being offered big money to play elsewhere?

Ramien (in Cronulla's finals side), Hiku (in Warriors' finals side), Whare (in Penrith's finals side), Gutherson, Hargraves (in Sydney City's finals side). And then we see Knight in Canberra firsts. That's four of six of the first graders in other clubs playing finals football, while our bunch are second last. Lose Anderson and Tom Wright and you lose two of the fastest players in the club, just when we need pace in the backline. Are we therefore stuck with Parker , Taufua and Matt Wright as wingers...please. What else can we expect from this lot. Schuster being offered big money to play elsewhere?

they all left 3 years ago ... so over 3 years we have 4 players out of a total of 102 ..... in the final 6 teams ...

How many players in other teams do Panthers have, or any other team for that matter .....

Mixed feelings with this. Given all the current negative press/speculation I cannot help but feel this makes it feel that little bit worse than it is. I agree with a number of posters that Wright is better suited to Rugby. I have seen a few games of NYC, and apart from the semi against the Sharks where he virtually won the game for us, he was rocks or diamonds and certainly didn't know the meaning of the word 'playing safe' (chips in his own in goal, grubbers for himself etc). He may have had speed and a step but where does he play - I disagree he would make a good winger and he is not going to force out Walker or Kelly. 5/8? Again not a lot of strucuteand with DCE we need that type of foil.

Interesting in the article that it says he asked for a release from the final year of his contract. wasn't he reported to be on $150k a season? If that is the case then maybe it is a win/win for player and the club. Also interesting in the article it states "the uncertainty of who is coaching Manly" as one of the key reaons for leaving. Given that he has hardly played under Barrett that again feels like drawing a long bow.

I don't normally disagree with you too much @Bearfax but maybe you answered your own question with your last sentence.

We don't don't know how much the Brumbies offered Wright.
If he was still on development $$ with us and nohwere to move in the cap then what can we do? Upgrade him on potential?
I think Schuster is probably the most promising of the three from what I've seen but also we could be in the same boat if he gets offered "big money elsewhere".
BTW what is big money?

Yes, someone may have stuffed up our cap that has hamstrung us but that doesn't necessarily equate to letting them go.

Of the players you cited above, JWH went for the $$ that we couldn't match at the time with our pack, we wanted to keep him but not on the $$ offered by the Chooks.
Whare had nowhere to go at the time with our backline, Ramien similar.
Knight signed his own transfer effectively and I wouldn't say he's setting the world on fire.
Yes, Gutho was a dumb decision and he was a player that another club desperately needed, Hiku not sure with that one.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8