Tom Wright Gone and Jade Anderson on the outer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
Just browsed the Manly Daily today to find a pretty scathing article around our recruitment for next season from Zorba. Essentially he said if the recruitment of Kane Elgey, a fringe first grader, is our main get for 2019 we’ll be in for another troubled year. The other notable thing he mentioned was that the drums are beating that both Tom Wright and Jade Anderson have been told to look elsewhere, a decision he says if true would be dumb from the ‘rookie faceless group doing the recruiting’.

Surely both are worth investing in for a longer period? Is anyone aware that this may be the case?

I thought Zorba had moved from informed, employed insider to chief "White ant-er" and general agenda pusher?

Maybe I am mistaken but I thought he has joined the ranks of us sausage roll eatin' nuffies?

So I don't know how accurate his comments are. I'd be surprised about the wright / anderson rumour and don't necessarily agree with his Elgey assessment.

Go Manly!

Isn't Baz quiting because there is no recruiter and only Scott Fulton as a talent scout :wondering:

Bozo coined that dismissive 'faceless men' about the FC Board and now ZtC is applying it to his own son :rofl:

The agenda of such an article is interesting.

Zorba bad mouthing Manly, I'm not buying it. General bad mouthing too like not recruiting well, suggesting the club is in for a bad year! LOL

It's always done for a reason.

I'd say it adds weight to the rumour some good signing news is coming.

Zorba now wants to paint the sky is falling , elgy is as good as it gets so Penn can be the hero when a bigger name signing then Elgy is announced.

Chances are the cheaper players like Anderson and Wright will both be moved up to the top 25 to afford another bigger signature.

They want us to fear loosing those 2 so we think job well done when the rookie, recruiters are banished and two local juniors get a go.

Here comes the membership drive.
Desperate times, we need your money, true supporters yadda yadda yadda.

To those who think Penns need money why then dont they sell say 40-50% if not all.
Answer: because its not money they need but power.
Think about everyting they have done since they came onboard. Its all been about power and ego.

Does anyway remember when customers / fans like us were called "sausage roll eating eating know nothings" by a certain "official" of the club? We were called that because we expressed our disappointment at the results and general direction of the club, criticised the coaching staff, criticised the poor recruitment policy and highlighted the lack of genuine leadership at the club?

Isn't it funny how that same officials recent Manly Daily articles do the same thing? I guess we the paying members and fans of the Manly Sea Eagles or to Him the sausage roll eating know nothings were RIGHT!!!

**** I love sausage rolls!! Always have, always will.

How they tasting Zorba? Welcome to the club. Please just leave some for the rest of us ....... and don't choke on them on the way down.

Last edited:
Does anyway remember when customers / fans like us were called "sausage roll eating eating know nothings" by a certain "official" of the club? We were called that because we expressed our disappointment at the results and general direction of the club, criticised the coaching staff, criticised the poor recruitment policy and highlighted the lack of genuine leadership at the club?

Isn't it funny how that same officials recent Manly Daily articles do the same thing? I guess we the paying members and fans of the Manly Sea Eagles or to Him the sausage roll eating know nothings were RIGHT!!!

**** I love sausage rolls!! Always have, always will.

How they tasting Zorba? Welcome to the club. Please just leave some for the rest of us ....... and don't choke on them on the way down.

Yes, it was like someone mentioned that in the second post!

Im not sold on wright but when you have cherry long term, and have to invest heavily in partners so he can play "his game". how many utilities /halves can the squad carry.
Cherry, hodko,elgy is an embarrasment of riches aimed at improving our game management in dollar terms.

Something has to give .

Could also be the same for anderson with all the journeymen on the wings eaying up cap. Decsions made in previous years come back to bite with the cap

Funny. That ghastly creature disparages recruitment yet:
His good mate Bozo was integral in the signing of Wright.
The constant interference by his good mate Bozo was the reason Siebold pulled up stumps.
Siebold, in the same assistant position at the Storm, recruited Munster.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8