Tom Wright Gone and Jade Anderson on the outer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I still think someone is coming half descent , if you let players go and get the same or worse players as replacements its another bad year ahead . I dont think manly can afford to be sitting near the bottom again so surely they have something up there sleeve .

Who is the 'Big Name' player that was rumoured to walk out a few months back by ReadingThePlay:think:

The feeling the media gets when one of the hundreds of rumour darts thrown proves to be correct

giphy.gif

If we actually had a decent defensive coach, his defensive issues would have been sorted out during this off-season. Give him 5 months with Toovey and he would end up being one of the best defensive centres in the game. Half of our squad cant tackle consistently for 80 mins at the moment.

Is it right that we don't have a recruitment bloke or a coaching bloke yet we are making roster decisions? Who is making these decisions?

If we actually had a decent defensive coach, his defensive issues would have been sorted out during this off-season. Give him 5 months with Toovey and he would end up being one of the best defensive centres in the game. Half of our squad cant tackle consistently for 80 mins at the moment.
Bstar are I would put that closer to 75% of the squad. Gees Api did a lot of tackles which we missed big time

Sorry, I can't agree with that.

The bloke came from rugby so clearly has a preference to not tackling. That's where he has gone back to. League is too hard for some blokes so best of luck to him.

A good defensive coach does not just magically make a player tackle all of a sudden. Blokes like Maloney and Lockyer could not tackle their whole careers.

Defence is attitude. If your heart isn't in putting your body on the line, then it just isn't.

Sorry, I can't agree with that.

The bloke came from rugby so clearly has a preference to not tackling. That's where he has gone back to. League is too hard for some blokes so best of luck to him.

A good defensive coach does not just magically make a player tackle all of a sudden. Blokes like Maloney and Lockyer could not tackle their whole careers.

Defence is attitude. If your heart isn't in putting your body on the line, then it just isn't.
So you wouldn't have Maloney or Lockyer in your team?
Defence is important, unquestionably. But if you have a player who scores 10 points and only allows in eight points with shoddy defence then you are on a winner.
Tackling in RL is not what it used to be. It's a rarity to see a one-on-one tackle these days which may explain why so many centres and wingers rush in to help their inside player in defence, and often fail to stop the ball. Forwards these days are disadvantaged tackling low. That's why we see more dancing than tackling.

And he got smashed by the Broncos a week or two later playing fullback for Penrith one game don’t make you a first grader.

No ... but it can give a pretty good indication of the sort of player and character you are ........

Zorba gone rogue. How do we now interpret Zorba article which started this thread, given we now know Wright is gone and probably has been for some time.

Boy there are some numbnuts on here who think coaches have some sort of magical power ......

Tom Wright is not the first and won't be the last union convert to fail to make the grade in the hardest comp of the hardest game in the world ......

He has a wonderful talent with ball in hand, but I have always doubted whether he had the grit to become a complete footballer ....

I think Tom and the club have done the right thing .... and I hope he has a great future in union .... I would love to see him play 7's ..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8