Tom Wright Gone and Jade Anderson on the outer?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really cannot understand the logic here. We keep some very ordinary footballers, buy some average players from other clubs with half the talent, and we let go those with outstanding promise. The club is being run by fools or those working in the interests of ending the clubs existence on the north shore. If I here these two have been sold off, I'm finished, until someone with common sense takes over. Yep I'm spitting the dummy. This club is being run like a circus sideshow. .

I'm hoping we keep these two as they have a lot of promise, but just to play devils advocate

Charlie Taylor
Addison Demetriou
Liam Knight

People were flipping out when we let go of these three, hell I remember people getting the grumps when Hynes, Garner, Pratt, Pearsell left..........none have made fools of us yet

Maybe Ramien......but we had Lyon, Matai and Gutherson at the time

I really cannot understand the logic here. We keep some very ordinary footballers, buy some average players from other clubs with half the talent, and we let go those with outstanding promise. The club is being run by fools or those working in the interests of ending the clubs existence on the north shore. If I here these two have been sold off, I'm finished, until someone with common sense takes over. Yep I'm spitting the dummy. This club is being run like a circus sideshow. .
I agree with your sentiments. And yes that was a nice dummyspit ;)

Screenshot_20180912-093025.jpg

TGWH didn't really live up to the hype IMO so not surprised he has gone. Sure he was quick but there's more to first grade NRL then running around Gareth Widdop. He was given a few chances and didn't really take them - we invested 3 years in him and they decided to cut their losses. His pedigree is rugby and he'll probably go well for the Brumbies. Good luck to him.

TGWH didn't really live up to the hype IMO so not surprised he has gone. Sure he was quick but there's more to first grade NRL then running around Gareth Widdop. He was given a few chances and didn't really take them - we invested 3 years in him and they decided to cut their losses. His pedigree is rugby and he'll probably go well for the Brumbies. Good luck to him.

I think you’re probably spot on mate. It’s telling that he has ended up back in Rugby. Obviously he wanted to go back to that code as you would imagine he would have had interest from other NRL teams.

Strange that they would (or would be allowed to) use a photo in a Manly Jersey ...... ?

Sorry to see him go if true .... but I don't think he was tough enough for NRL ... best wishes to him ...

I think you’re probably spot on mate. It’s telling that he has ended up back in Rugby. Obviously he wanted to go back to that code as you would imagine he would have had interest from other NRL teams.

Maybe ... but I can't see an NRL team offering much more than a basic contract ... interesting to know what Brumbies are paying ...

This is the way I see it.

Wright's two main positions were 5/8 and centre, right?

At centre in front of him are Walker, Kelly, Suli and probably Parker. At 5/8 there is going to be Elgey, Hodkinson, Walker and even Fainu and at a pinch Api with young Melcalf also coming through.

Unless he did have other NRL clubs chasing him, and I don't think many were, he's probably done the right thing for his career going back to union. And with the way their selection is, I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be a Wallaby in 3 or 4 years. I don't mean to be rude about the guy but he's their type of player....fast, skillful and a poor defender.

Either way, good luck to him in union. I hope for him that he has a long and successful career.

Started with Gutho when Barrett the freaking genius told him that he didn't have a place in first grade.

What a great eye for talent our coach has/had.....NOT.

And you forgot Nathan "Deer in the Headlights" Green.

If Wright had been contracted next year .... the decision to release him this week would be 100% absolutely nothing to do with Barrett ...

Is there any one out there that seriously believes Barrett has the power to ring Gorman and say release this bloke from his contract ... or sign this bloke .....

It’s a good move for Tom, imho. From what I saw of him over the past two years, there was a good chance he could have been something in the NRL but his chances of making it in Rugby as a fullback or fly-half are much higher given his playing style. Good luck to him, I hope he does well and enjoys himself.

So from our Top 30 squad the following have 8 have gone,

• Myles
  • Brown
  • Wright T
  • Wright M
  • Lane
  • Uate
  • Wright J
  • Croker

So from our Top 30 squad the following have 8 have gone,

• Myles
  • Brown
  • Wright T
  • Wright M
  • Lane
  • Uate
  • Wright J
  • Croker
Has Croker definitely gone ?? I can see them keeping him now that we have lost Cletus, J Lussick, Cullen and now TGWH. We need some halves depth as I don't think Cust and Metcalfe are quite there yet are they ??

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8