[Resurrected] The Trent Vent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And another thing , for anyone worried about coaches not coming from the clubs with the right " culture" have a look at the background of Paul Green and Tim Sheens who had many dismal years playing for the club formally known as the Chocolate soldiers

Given some of the score lines put on us in 2015, I don't think our never say die defense has gone missing this year Baz, I can't put it down to the coach.

Round 1 Parramatta 42-12
Round 14 Brisbane 44-10
Round 25 Roosters 46-10 (at Brookvale)

So well pointed out Woodsie.
And this was the theme for 2016.
A new breed of playing group tasked with following on with a culture they know very little about.
Then throw into the mix the sheer amount of injuries to key personnel and low and behold we have a less than stellar 2016 performance.

How anyone can't see this is beyond me ... and figures more like they just want to kick the boys when their down than support them through what was a crappy season for all involved.

On to 2017 - fully fit and we'll be back up the top where we belong.
Yep, you and Woodsie have nailed it. It is beyond comprehension that people can't see the obvious. Continued injuries to KEY personnel has totally rooted the season. You only have to look at how Melbourne performed when missing crucial parts of their spine in the game against the Dragons to see the impact it has on a club. It doesn't matter who the coach is when you're forced to run out a NSW Cup backline, there's going to be a lack of cohesion in attack. If we have a good run with injuries next year I'd expect we'll see a marked improvement.

I dont think Clive Churchill could coach the current roster. Its a mish mash of over the hill has-beens, mercenaries, and wannabe's.

I know many here cant see it but in Barretts own words "we will finish where we deserve". We have a bottom 8 roster, injuries have pushed us down towards the bottom 4, thankfully the Roosters and the Bunnies have also been injury plaqued.

Apart from Tom and Jake, Brett, Lussick, Matai, Lyon, Taupau, Buhrer and the grossly overpaid DCE I don't think we have much talent in the squad.

Its a dire situation and we cant replace Brett, Jamie and Matai. They should of thrown the kitchen sink at Cronk, Hayne and any other decent player who was off contract.

Now the club is tainted with this betting scandal, its not helping us recruit. Neither is a rookie coach who seems only to attract mates from Penrith, pity he wasnt mates with Cleary and Cartwright.

Its a long shot but lets hope Barrett can do a "Ricky" or "Neil Henry" and turn an average roster into a finals team in 2017.

Last edited:
The good thing is , in years when the Eagles are struggling I like to pay more attention to all the other teams I sort of follow, like the Wallabies , the Oz cricket team, the opals , the boomers , the Olyroos , the hockey and jilleroos as well as the swimeroos and the athleteroos or the Davis cup Roos. But thank christ for the womens 7 Roos , sorry a bit Marsupialed out and some minor flaws may be evident in team titles

I dont think Clive Churchill could coach the current roster. Its a mish mash of over the hill has-beens, mercenaries, and wannabe's.

I know many here cant see it but in Barretts own words "we will finish where we deserve". We have a bottom 8 roster, injuries have pushed us down towards the bottom 4, thankfully the Roosters and the Bunnies have also been injury plaqued.

Apart from Tom and Jake, Brett, Lussick, Matai, Lyon, Taupau, Buhrer and the grossly overpaid DCE I don't think we have much talent in the squad.

Its a dire situation and we cant replace Brett, Jamie and Matai. They should of thrown the kitchen sink at Cronk, Hayne and any other decent player who was off contract.

Now the club is tainted with this betting scandal, its not helping us recruit. Neither is a rookie coach who seems only to attract mates from Penrith, pity he wasnt mates with Cleary and Cartwright.

Its a long straw but lets hope Barrett can do a "Ricky" or "Neil Henry" and turn an average roster into a finals team in 2017.
Long Bow or Short Straw or could be Short Bow?

We should have an anger thread so those that want to enter can and those that want to give it a big wide birth can also.

Great idea a " vent here" thread and a " life goes on as normal " thread , choose your poison and away you go!!

There's a whole ****ing sub forum for that you ****s!

http://www.silvertails.net/forums/silvertails-soapbox.17/

!!!!!!!!!

(see what I did there?? You two aren't really what the asterisks called you, it was a whole angry subforum play on words!) ok....lol away or back on this...topic.) :)

Half of the crucial injuries we have our our own fault; Lyon, Stewart, Matai, Myles are all old men playing a young mans game.

Most of what we brought in for this year were journey men that replaced the journey men we already had.

The NRL busted our pack of journeymen and old men before the first couple of months of the comp had finished with a diabolical draw and we never recovered.

Having said that, the Warriors and Penrith both had injury problems worse or the same as ours and have gotten a better result.

The good thing is , in years when the Eagles are struggling I like to pay more attention to all the other teams I sort of follow, like the Wallabies , the Oz cricket team, the opals , the boomers , the Olyroos , the hockey and jilleroos as well as the swimeroos and the athleteroos or the Davis cup Roos. But thank christ for the womens 7 Roos , sorry a bit Marsupialed out and some minor flaws may be evident in team titles
Are you suggesting they hopped about hopefully but failed to deliver the final pouch?

Half of the crucial injuries we have our our own fault; Lyon, Stewart, Matai, Myles are all old men playing a young mans game.

Most of what we brought in for this year were journey men that replaced the journey men we already had.

The NRL busted our pack of journeymen and old men before the first couple of months of the comp had finished with a diabolical draw and we never recovered.

Having said that, the Warriors and Penrith both had injury problems worse or the same as ours and have gotten a better result.
But the Pennies and the Wobblers are no longer hampered by having Lewis Brown on the roster. It would be interesting to see how many of our current backs would make either back line. Imagine the critics if we discarded the old players before this season. Smith ,Thurston, Cronk and co are still rattling around so age does not prove everything. If you really want to be traumatised by being a fan try following the Wobblers because 4 years out of 5 you will discover how dismal they are despite an amazing roster , the best juniors and no excuses not to win virtually every home game. I would have expected to make the top eight if I was a Bunny or Rooster but I'm not sure it proves much that they didn't

I don't buy the injury crap. I also don't rate Barrett or his log mate Cartwright. They are to blame and need to go for the reasons given in the initial post. Period.

I'll be happy to lay blame on the coaches if you can honestly tell me that this is the first year in recent history that our defense hasn't been up to scratch.

We haven't had a solid defensive game since mid 2014, long before any of the current coaching staff were on board.

I don't buy the injury crap. I also don't rate Barrett or his log mate Cartwright. They are to blame and need to go for the reasons given in the initial post. Period.
Really? Snake, Matai, Lyon, Lussick, Walker, Lawrence, Korisou, Green(yeah ok) all out - throughout the year DCE, Parcell, Buhrer, Tafua, Tapau and Myles have all had significant time out, then add Tom T, Williame who also have had time out injured. One player has played every game - Brown - that is it, just Brown.

Add the fact that we have 8 new players this year, new coaches, new trainers and rehab staff and then add the 5 day turn-arounds in the first 2 months and that is a recipe for disaster. Take the equivalent players out of the Storm, Raiders and Sharks, give them the turnover of personnel we've had and throw in the 5 day turnarounds and I bet they aren't in the 8.

[QUOTE="COMMANDER, post: 838251, member: 2170]
Having said that, the Warriors and Penrith both had injury problems worse or the same as ours and have gotten a better result.[/QUOTE]
They have had injuries but not to the same extent. Only Newcastle has had it worse in terms of number of players used; however, period of time out of the game and quality of players out of the game - nobody has been hit as hard.

Really? Snake, Matai, Lyon, Lussick, Walker, Lawrence, Korisou, Green(yeah ok) all out - throughout the year DCE, Parcell, Buhrer, Tafua, Tapau and Myles have all had significant time out, then add Tom T, Williame who also have had time out injured. One player has played every game - Brown - that is it, just Brown.

Add the fact that we have 8 new players this year, new coaches, new trainers and rehab staff and then add the 5 day turn-arounds in the first 2 months and that is a recipe for disaster. Take the equivalent players out of the Storm, Raiders and Sharks, give them the turnover of personnel we've had and throw in the 5 day turnarounds and I bet they aren't in the 8.

Every , and I mean EVERY negative nancy on here should read this post.

People want someone to blame so the coach is an easy target but it's more a bit of the coach and a lot of somethings in the background that's caused the issues in 2016.

Agree 150% with what you've stated.

Every , and I mean EVERY negative nancy on here should read this post.

People want someone to blame so the coach is an easy target but it's more a bit of the coach and a lot of somethings in the background that's caused the issues in 2016.

Agree 150% with what you've stated.

With the new staff and players on board this year, we really needed everything to fall out way in relation to injuries etc to build any form of cohesion in attack and platform in defense (granted the Walker 5/8th experiment didn't work) and almost the exact opposite has happened.

Anyone that says the bulk injury toll can't be used as an excuse should really look at the inconsistencies in the side that has been put on the field from round 1 this year.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8