[Resurrected] The Trent Vent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
We've been poor this year and I understand your anger with the performances but we are rebuilding and Rome wasn't built in a day! Watch for improvement next year with Green at 5/8, Tom and DCE have injury free seasons and we will be back up there. And if we pull off some good signings like Gillett and a good centre we will be a dark horse for the premiership. Barrett hasn't been bad, he doesn't drop the ball, he doesn't miss tackles, sure he makes some bad choices but that is a part of selecting not everything comes off. Walker was a good idea but it never came off.

We've been poor this year and I understand your anger with the performances but we are rebuilding and Rome wasn't built in a day! Watch for improvement next year with Green at 5/8, Tom and DCE have injury free seasons and we will be back up there. And if we pull off some good signings like Gillett and a good centre we will be a dark horse for the premiership. Barrett hasn't been bad, he doesn't drop the ball, he doesn't miss tackles, sure he makes some bad choices but that is a part of selecting not everything comes off. Walker was a good idea but it never came off.
I hear you Turbo but you're still missing the point. Barrett and his log sidekick don't grasp what Manly is built on. Never say die defence. And that can be coached if it's understood. That's my main point.

But entirely honest,

What sort of response would you like to the most petulant childish dummy spit I have ever heard from a grown man.

You have Turbo, a school kid, sounding like the mature reasoned adult.
Feel better now Woodsie?
My heartfelt thread doesn't tick your PC boxes? Whatever.

I hear you Turbo but you're still missing the point. Barrett and his log sidekick don't grasp what Manly is built on. Never say die defence. And that can be coached if it's understood. That's my main point.
Where is your examples? I haven't seen anything from Barrett to suggest he doesn't understand our culture. He has done his best with what he has been given. Bozo is the one who doesn't understand the culture as far as I'm concerned, he has tried to buy us out of trouble but he is missing the point that manly is built on juniors that understand our culture.

It's this: our Manly spirit.
I have come to love and admire this DEFENSIVE NEVER SAY DIE spirit so much AND it's gone this year. Where is it? GONE. We all know defence wins games.
A coach that's not played for Manly cannot and will not ever understand this.

So that's No 1.
No 2 - where the hell is our attack?
Same problem - how many times do I see DCE spinning around with no idea in the opposition 20?

Our new coaching regime has managed to produce rare good defensive efforts and the odd good attacking set play or two and for mine this was on display in the Warriors win.

And there it ends.

Injuries? Yeah. Every NRL side faces those. I don't buy it.
Barrett has to go along with Cartwright. They're both bludgers with no idea.

I don't want to sit at Brookie in my season seat watching another repeat of this season. That's reality.

Sorry mate, our injury crises is like no other , Darcy Lussick the latest to go under the knife !!

We just can't take a trick!!

Where is your examples? I haven't seen anything from Barrett to suggest he doesn't understand our culture. He has done his best with what he has been given. Bozo is the one who doesn't understand the culture as far as I'm concerned, he has tried to buy us out of trouble but he is missing the point that manly is built on juniors that understand our culture.

Turbo, a "culture" is an elusive and changing entity, and unlike some who thing it has always been there .. it hasn't. Playing groups tend to develop it and it grows with new players buying into it. And it can disappear very quickly.

Many times over the years and in different eras Manly teams have had an indomitable spirit, but just as often we have had eras where our forwards have been considered soft and our backs show ponies that dogged it if you put one on them.

Many times over the decades we have had to bring players in to stiffen our pack. Non Manly guys like John O'neal, Cement Gillespie, Mal Rielly,
Kevin Ward, Ben Kennedy etc.

It is only over the past decade that our defence has been at or near the top.

This current team can forget about any supposed inherent never say die jingoism. They will have to do what every Manly team has always done ... create there own.

It's this: our Manly spirit.
I have come to love and admire this DEFENSIVE NEVER SAY DIE spirit

I don't want to sit at Brookie in my season seat watching another repeat of this season. That's reality.
Maybe we fans should embrace our never say die spirit and support our team by turning up to games through good times and bad.
Our own @bob dylan said 'And the loser now will be later to win'
Think about it. Sharks, Canberra, Titans this year compared to Manly, Roosters, Rabbits.
The tide will turn. I think the general attitude of the team has improved dramatically over the second half of the season.
Go Manly!

Maybe we fans should embrace our never say die spirit and support our team by turning up to games through good times and bad.
Think about it. Sharks, Canberra, Titans this year compared to Manly, Roosters, Rabbits.
The tide will turn. I think the general attitude of the team has improved dramatically over the second half of the season.
Go Manly!

Love your work Nicci!

Turbo, a "culture" is an elusive and changing entity, and unlike some who thing it has always been there .. it hasn't. Playing groups tend to develop it and it grows with new players buying into it. And it can disappear very quickly.

Many times over the years and in different eras Manly teams have had an indomitable spirit, but just as often we have had eras where our forwards have been considered soft and our backs show ponies that dogged it if you put one on them.

Many times over the decades we have had to bring players in to stiffen our pack. Non Manly guys like John O'neal, Cement Gillespie, Mal Rielly,
Kevin Ward, Ben Kennedy etc.

It is only over the past decade that our defence has been at or near the top.

This current team can forget about any supposed inherent never say die jingoism. They will have to do what every Manly team has always done ... create there own.
Sorry Turbo wrong. Fully wrong. The job of a CEO (Kelly who?) or owner Penns is to clearly define the Manly culture and ensure its well understood and implemented and carried through on all levels through the organisation. This is sacred sacrosanct and to be fought for with everything. It's not relearned as you suggest.

Go Manly!
The tide has a chance of turning with coaches that understand the Manly spirit, it's traditions, it's culture. Nothing else will turn the tide.

Fair point. Bozo appears to not understand much these days, Same goes for the coach and his sidekick.

Sorry Turbo wrong. Fully wrong. The job of a CEO (Kelly who?) or owner Penns is to clearly define the Manly culture and ensure its well understood and implemented and carried through on all levels through the organisation. This is sacred sacrosanct and to be fought for with everything. It's not relearned as you suggest.

That was me, and don't you think I would know if I was wrong.

An organisation can document and dictate a corporate philosophy, but that is not a "culture". A culture is an intangible, an attitude, a shared desire and commitment. Not a bloody instruction.

Are you seriously suggesting that if Kelly sends a memo to the players saying "never say die" is our new culture, we will miraculously win every game.

We should have an anger thread so those that want to enter can and those that want to give it a big wide birth can also.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4