[Resurrected] The Trent Vent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The tide has a chance of turning with coaches that understand the Manly spirit, it's traditions, it's culture. Nothing else will turn the tide.
We have to work with what we have. Changing coaches every year has already been tried and failed by parramatta. The longer the coaches and players spend together the tighter they'll become as a unit. Then they can work towards a common goal.
We'd all like a magic wand but there isn't one.

Apparently bob Fulton was behind the decade of dominance so I have heard ... Just have faith that the wise footy God can setup up another decade of dominance ... It will take a few years

That was me, and don't you think I would know if I was wrong.

An organisation can document and dictate a corporate philosophy, but that is not a "culture". A culture is an intangible, an attitude, a shared desire and commitment. Not a bloody instruction.

Are you seriously suggesting that if Kelly sends a memo to the players saying "never say die" is our new culture, we will miraculously win every game.
Yeah I realised later it was you Woodsie. Bit tiresome trying to get you to see the point. I didn't say culture is an instruction. You said that. Here it is again please read it slowly.
Culture is something leaders like CEO and owners understand can explain it to others and guard it against it becoming misunderstood. So, it needs to be understood by the top levels of a structure and nurtured through to others below in our case incoming players. One would have expected any incoming coach would have been able to articulate their understanding of the culture they were being entrusted with. I hope you get it now and please stop twisting my posts. Thanks

Last week we had on the field.

I bloke from Penrith last year.
1 bloke from Titans last year.
1 bloke from Tigers last year.
I bloke from Easts Jnrs last year.
I bloke from QLD reggies last year.
3 blokes from our Reggies last year.
I bloke from Rugby 7's this year.
1 bloke from cowboys this year.
I bloke from our NYC last year
1 bloke from our NYC this year
and 5 Manly players.

And some numbnut can't work out why our defence and attack isn't as polished as our 2008 team was.

Fukk me!>

I actually feel his pain to a degree.
There were times in 2016 where the tough, resilient Seaeagles spirit seemed lacking which was a reasonable argument... but Anyone who does not recognise the effect major injuries had, particularly with so many new faces also...is letting emotion dominate logic.

and 5 Manly players.

And some numbnut can't work out why our defence and attack isn't as polished as our 2008 team was.

Fukk me!>

Good point, and much of 2016 was the same.

You ok @bazeagle , you're a bit fired up tonight mate , unlike you I must say !!

We all feel the pain buddy so it's all good!!

We will be back, may take a year or two but we'll get there!
Bit gutted Mark with this year and it's built up to a head tonight. I love our club and I hate to see it floundering around with in all honesty a coach and management who seem to have lost the plot. I'll get over it. Thanks Mark I respect you and really enjoy reading your views.

Yeah I realised later it was you Woodsie. Bit tiresome trying to get you to see the point. I didn't say culture is an instruction. You said that. Here it is again please read it slowly.
Culture is something leaders like CEO and owners understand can explain it to others and guard it against it becoming misunderstood. So, it needs to be understood by the top levels of a structure and nurtured through to others below in our case incoming players. One would have expected any incoming coach would have been able to articulate their understanding of the culture they were being entrusted with. I hope you get it now and please stop twisting my posts. Thanks

And I maintain you have no idea of what a "culture" is.

All teams have well scripted mission statements. They have nothing to do with that special bond that develops between players in a team sport. Especially one as physically demanding as RL.

I doubt any of the greats we have had playing for us over the decade of excellence could explain it or even verbalise it. But I do know one thing for certain, it wasn't generated in the front office, it was earned and developed on the field and in the dressing room between men who had shared victory and agonising defeat. It becomes a common bond that makes team strive and become something greater than the sum of their parts.

It is an attitude, an sprite de corps that no one can insist you have. This current team will never have the "culture" of the past decade.

But they can create their own, possibly better culture, or not.

and 5 Manly players.

Fukk me!>
Woodsie where was I comparing this years side to the wonderful 2008 team? What I have been saying if you can read, is that our spirit and culture isn't understood by Barrett and co. Stay on topic bud.

And I maintain you have no idea of what a "culture" is.

All teams have well scripted mission statements. They have nothing to do with that special bond that develops between players in a team sport. Especially one as physically demanding as RL.

I doubt any of the greats we have had playing for us over the decade of excellence could explain it or even verbalise it. But I do know one thing for certain, it wasn't generated in the front office, it was earned and developed on the field and in the dressing room between men who had shared victory and agonising defeat. It becomes a common bond that makes team strive and become something greater than the sum of their parts.

It is an attitude, an sprite de corps that no one can insist you have. This current team will never have the "culture" of the past decade.

But they can create their own, possibly better culture, or not.
Total rubbish. You don't understand the MANLY SPIRIT embodied and created by the awesome sides from the past. This isn't something that's randomly re-invented season by season. Tedious now.

Cynical, lazy response Isz
I expect better from you
Sorry to disappoint but there are only so many of these threads you can read - not mocking your opinion but we just seem to have these over and over

Total rubbish. You don't understand the MANLY SPIRIT embodied and created by the awesome sides from the past. This isn't something that's randomly re-invented season by season. Tedious now.

Well I must of wasted a hell of a lot of my time in the dressing room then.

Maybe I should have read that note Arko pinned to the wall about the boards decision to never say die.

Toovey
Surely that didn't explaining.
Are you naive or deluded? Toovey isn't coming back under this management no matter how much everyone screams for it. Barrett may not be the answer, but, until it is crystal clear he isn't, I'm behind him because he is Manly now, even though he may not have been in the past. We'd all have liked to start from scratch with Toovey but unfortunately those that run the club saw differently and we can either accept that and move on or continuously ruin our own mental state by harping on a moot point.

Manly has had many crap years since I have been following them and many great years. The forwards we have now are close to being good enough to win a title. The backs who we have had for much of this season although doing their best are not capable of winning a comp. Bozo is not thick, he added Kevin Ward in 87 who was the missing link, in the mid 90s I remember having a chat with a mate and thinking that we were short a centre. Who dropped out of the sky ? Craig Inness. Common thread ? Bozo. Some clubs do seem to have a culture but I believe the people talking of the dogs culture have missed the fact that it has gone. For years they have thrived when it matters but for a while now despite all the money and recruitment and super coaches they look more like the sharks than the dogs to me when the heat is on. The addition of a couple of players can transform the Eagles next year.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8