[Resurrected] The Trent Vent

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
With the new staff and players on board this year, we really needed everything to fall out way in relation to injuries etc to build any form of cohesion in attack and platform in defense (granted the Walker 5/8th experiment didn't work) and almost the exact opposite has happened.

Anyone that says the bulk injury toll can't be used as an excuse should really look at the inconsistencies in the side that has been put on the field from round 1 this year.

As I said Mitch there's a lot of " somethings" that have caused this not just someone , whilst some of Barrett's ( or Bozo's) early selections were confusing and downright stupid all of what was stated above have impacted us heavily.

I get that Barrett is a Rookie, so let's tick that one as having an impact, but injuries , lack of combinations , attitudes ( of some ) , short turnarounds, the ridiculous penalty counts we get ( that DOES need to be coached out) are just some of the reasons behind our failures this year.

No one reason , no one person , can accept all the blame.

As I said Mitch there's a lot of " somethings" that have caused this not just someone , whilst some of Barrett's ( or Bozo's) early selections were confusing and downright stupid all of what was stated above have impacted us heavily.

I get that Barrett is a Rookie, so let's tick that one as having an impact, but injuries , lack of combinations , attitudes ( of some ) , short turnarounds, the ridiculous penalty counts we get ( that DOES need to be coached out) are just some of the reasons behind our failures this year.

No one reason , no one person , can accept all the blame.
OK - I spoke one on one to GI once and asked him what separates the good teams from the average ones and why do some teams "turn up" one week and not the next; I said given the standard of most players is high across the NRL (which relates to my point about the Manly culture and attitude which I feel strongly Barrett and Cart don't grasp) GI's answer: the game is 99% mental.
I rest my case.

OK - I spoke one on one to GI once and asked him what separates the good teams from the average ones and why do some teams "turn up" one week and not the next; I said given the standard of most players is high across the NRL (which relates to my point about the Manly culture and attitude which I feel strongly Barrett and Cart don't grasp) GI's answer: the game is 99% mental.
I rest my case.

But we had the same deficiencies in defense on numerous occasions last year, what was the issue with culture and attitude in defense then, when both mentioned coaching staff weren't here? As I said the 'never say die' attitude in defense you mentioned initially has not been here a lot longer than 2016.

But we had the same deficiencies in defense on numerous occasions last year, what was the issue with culture and attitude in defense then, when both mentioned coaching staff weren't here? As I said the 'never say die' attitude in defense you mentioned initially has not been here a lot longer than 2016.

The attitude issues started with the non resigning of Gifty and following that the circus around the halves leaving / backflips.

So to be brutally honest about round 18-20 of 2014 it all " went to ****" and we haven't looked the same since.

The " old" culture, the one we had for a decade is done and dusted, it's time for the new brigade to step up and create their own destiny.

Blaming a rookie coach in a massive changeover period is the easy way out!!

Is this thread the Silvertails version of Game of Thrones !
This thread refuses to fade away with a little dignity. Seems some people want to keep banging their heads against a brick wall despite the fact they have a migraine and have run out of panadol. You can point out that the sky is blue but if a person continues to argue the sky is in fact red there's not much else you can do but shake your head in bewilderment.

Is this thread the Silvertails version of Game of Thrones !

WT7Q6CQ.jpg

This thread refuses to fade away with a little dignity. Seems some people want to keep banging their heads against a brick wall despite the fact they have a migraine and have run out of panadol. You can point out that the sky is blue but if a person continues to argue the sky is in fact red there's not much else you can do but shake your head in bewilderment.

It is called cognitive dissonance. And nearly all people suffer/experience it at different times with different subjects.

I rest my case.
I suspect GI is being very modest, attitude is obviously crucial but without the other ingredients a team does not win the comp. Leyton Hewitt had the best attitude according to many, of all the tennis players but it failed to land him more titles because he could not match the other players in other areas. Attitude can win short term like Vautins series win as a coach but that team could only do that short term.

I rest my case.
You are absolutely entitled to your opinion; however, in my view the mental side would differentiate two equally talented, physically able people from each other, or can make a less talented player a quality player - but over time, not overnight. If your best players are out injured, those stepping up can't suddenly become stars - otherwise any of us could throw on a jersey.

The mental toughness to get to the very top and play that way week in, week out takes time to develop - a coach can't just give that mental toughness to players, let alone in less than a season.

Hasler's team took a few years together before they were real threats - he didn't produce it year one. Yes, we may have a more talented roster than what he started with, but it isn't much good to you when they are on the sideline.

Last week we had on the field.

I bloke from Penrith last year.
1 bloke from Titans last year.
1 bloke from Tigers last year.
I bloke from Easts Jnrs last year.
I bloke from QLD reggies last year.
3 blokes from our Reggies last year.
I bloke from Rugby 7's this year.
1 bloke from cowboys this year.
I bloke from our NYC last year
1 bloke from our NYC this year
and 5 Manly players.

And some numbnut can't work out why our defence and attack isn't as polished as our 2008 team was.

Fukk me!>
Well done woodsie at least you understand the players prior to the last 2 years were either local juniors or grew up on the northern beaches they bled manly.Baz unfortunately these players woodsie mentions bleed money they have no concern for manly.

You are absolutely entitled to your opinion; however, in my view the mental side would differentiate two equally talented, physically able people from each other, or can make a less talented player a quality player - but over time, not overnight. If your best players are out injured, those stepping up can't suddenly become stars - otherwise any of us could throw on a jersey.

The mental toughness to get to the very top and play that way week in, week out takes time to develop - a coach can't just give that mental toughness to players, let alone in less than a season.

Hasler's team took a few years together before they were real threats - he didn't produce it year one. Yes, we may have a more talented roster than what he started with, but it isn't much good to you when they are on the sideline.
Agree 100%
The whole point of my original thread is that I don't believe the coach or his staff get that on any level, least of all the most important level: The Manly Spirit, it's culture, it's mental toughness.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8