The squad takes shape

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have one word for you. BRONCOS. Beware clearing the cupboard of experience so you can fit in the youth. We have 30 spots and a few older heads who have faced adversity and injury could really help ground the kids.
Exactly.. and don’t underestimate the value that Jorge brings to the young Polynesian players.. I had read previously how they look up to him and we couldn’t ask for a better role model for these younger guys.. class act on and off the field and always gives 110%

All very good questions Mark, and I'm hoping there was a reason other than pure football ability and potential.
Playing Devil's Advocate now: Why did the Donkeys release Bully?
Everyone on here is praising his recruitment yet there may be as many questions about his off-field attitude as you are posing about Tenterfield's departure. . . .
Why did the Broncos release Bully? It definitely wasn't because of off-field attitude. He has a high work ethic at training, and has been working on a Bachelor of Advanced Finance and Economics degree at UQ. He is not your typical footballer, and hes left the Broncos for an opportunity for a regular spot in the Manly seventeen.
"It's understood Brisbane would've preferred to keep him, however couldn't guarantee Bullemor a regular spot in their starting 17 next season with the emergence of Jordan Riki, TC Robati and Brendan Piakura."

Why did the Broncos release Bully? It definitely wasn't because of off-field attitude. He has a high work ethic at training, and has been working on a Bachelor of Advanced Finance and Economics degree at UQ. He is not your typical footballer, and hes left the Broncos for an opportunity for a regular spot in the Manly seventeen.
"It's understood Brisbane would've preferred to keep him, however couldn't guarantee Bullemor a regular spot in their starting 17 next season with the emergence of Jordan Riki, TC Robati and Brendan Piakura."
Yep. He is miles ahead of Saddler at this point in their careers. Then there's the fact that the game is so much faster. Fleet-footed speedy forwards are pure gold. Watmough would have destroyed teams if he were playing the game today.

I mean I agree that I wouldnt have resigned either but the above point makes no sense as neither make our top team either.
Unsure of that. When he was available at the start of the season, Des picked Boyle.

I think Boyle is a lot better than people give him credit for. He is built like a brick ****house and is still only 25. I remember a couple games for us he dominated and was miles better than Taupau and co. I think he will do well with a consistent run without injuries.

Just saying, re-watch the Panthers vs. Melbourne preliminary, and Panthers vs. Rabbits grand final, to get a yardstick on what modern forwards are supposed to be about. Too slow, too immobile.

Well we have good depth in the forwards now and Boyle will have plenty of competition to earn a spot in the 17. I am concerned we need another centre and I would have retained Walker at the right price and used him as a centre with his ability as a 14 an added bonus when required.

All very good questions Mark, and I'm hoping there was a reason other than pure football ability and potential.
Everyone on here is praising his recruitment yet there may be as many questions about his off-field attitude as you are posing about Tenterfield's departure. . . .
I think he’s coming for an opportunity to be a permanent first grader , the Donkeys weren’t prepared to offer him that.

They don't like intellectuals in Qld, and Bullemore was sick and tired of the simpletons around him.

Just saying, re-watch the Panthers vs. Melbourne preliminary, and Panthers vs. Rabbits grand final, to get a yardstick on what modern forwards are supposed to be about. Too slow, too immobile.
You're comparing him to the 2 of the best teams at full strength. He will be a depth player and push for selection. Have a look at some of the depth players in the Bunnies and Panthers, I haven't even heard of some of them. They're the guys you should be comparing Boyle to.

Last edited:
You're comparing him to the 2 teams that made the GF at full strength. He will be a depth player and push for selection. Have a look at some of the depth players in the Bunnies and Panthers, I haven't even heard of some of them. They're the guys you should be comparing Boyle to.
That’s a very important point , there’s zero value in comparing Boyle to say Yeo from the Panthers , you need to compare him to whomever is their 6th or 7th in line prop.

Give me an unproven local with potential over these two any day.
With a new face we at least have hope. Taking up space in our roster with these two former NRL players gives me no confidence that we'll improve in 2022.
(I know it sounds harsh and Jorge has been a great servant to the club over an extended period but he is no longer our future. Same with Boyle. And to think the club preferred Lance to a future NRL front rower in Tenterfield. Madness)
Yes I must say I am surprised that they let Tenterfield go, I hope this decision doesn't come back to haunt us

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8