The Sea Eagles crisis!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
This is after the 2018 NRL season record loss last week
The club is in crisis and this our response to Adversity
I see a coach that is frustrated , I see a coach that is burnt out from the pressure of NRL , I see a coach that has no answers ,
I see a coach that has lost interest . DCE was all smiles when he was in camp with the Maroons and now I see a captain that has lost hope .
A affective coach is the one who instils confidence , inspiration and optimism to his team and a winning culture is formed by all those great qualities
I cant see this affect here from our coach . In fact what I see is quite the opposite .
What can you guys see here ???

View attachment 9017
How do you instil confidence when your players play like sh1t.

It’s going to be all over the media this week so we may as well get in early.

Let me say at the outset I’m not a Trent Barrett lover, but nor do I believe the current situation is all his fault.

This has been coming for a while and has been building and building since the Penn’s took over and sacked 2V.

I don’t know what the “ end game” is with Scott and his family but I don’t think it’s running a successful footy club.

The power struggle between the two groups that owned the Eagles was just that , a typical corporate power struggle.

It wasn’t about football, it wasn’t about history it was about POWER!

So, they now have the power BUT now “ seemingly” don’t give much of a **** about what’s going on as it’s just a loss making section of their very large business.

They win the war , and that’s ALL they wanted!!

We were all warned about this, much was discussed at the time about the dangers of single ownership but here we are with single owners and the place is in chaos.

A mate of mine , a former FC board member ( no not Vidmar) tweeted me yesterday saying “ don’t lay the entire blame on Barrett he’s the coach of the most poorly resourced club in the NRL, in fact rated 16th out of 16”.

You all say the players aren’t showing up for Trent, I’d actually suggest the players aren’t showing up for the club!!

A few are, the Turbo’s for example , the rest are just career footy players , and it’s just about the money!

They have zero faith in the system and aren’t supported by that system, and there’s your problem in a nutshell!!

Is it a crisis, absolutely.

But whilstever the Penn’s concentrate on their business in the USA and treat us as “ playthings “ nothing will change.

For me it’s not about just changing the coach it’s about changing the whole place from the very top to the bottom, do that and we can be great again.

Do nothing and I fear that by the time of the next broadcast deal we may not have a club!
Well said. Although the one thing is that i'm afraid that it may be one of those things that looks reasonable in writing. In reality, however, we do have a bunch of players who have been signed to first grade, deemed worthy by Barrett of competing in it (whether actually worthy or not) and a coach who has been deemed worthy of coaching. No matter the lack of effort from the owners, the coach and the players should have spent more than enough time to be capable of playing an NRL game strategically and strong. Unfortunately at the moment all we are seeing is a gradual decline in both effort and mental toughness for most of these players that are now appearing (for the most part) as though they cannot compete at this level, let alone to manly's standards.

I don't exactly know where to throw a majority of the blame, although to degrade the quality of these players it has to be largely sent toward both players and coach. The owners need to have a long (or quick pls) think as to whether they are in this for the right reasons because no matter where the blame is pointed there will not be much change unless the owners are smart enough, and bothered enough to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do you instil confidence when your players play like sh1t.
Good coaches are like musical conductors that lift the tempo feathered friend ........
No matter how you describe it when it comes to individual and team performance motivation is an essential part of success.
Its the difference between just showing up and fighting for every last inch.
And its a coach’s job to make sure players are motivated to perform their best.
When I look at the great coaches . The coaches that are capable of building a winning culture
I see the great motivators that lift their teams
A great coach is like a great musical conductor . He fine tunes individual players and gets them all playing in harmony and raised the tempo that climaxes into a winning performance .

Last edited:
Good coaches are like musical conductors that lift the tempo feathered friend ........
No matter how you describe it when it comes to individual and team performance motivation is an essential part of success.
Its the difference between just showing up and fighting for every last inch.
And its a coach’s job to make sure players are motivated to perform their best.
When I look at the great coaches . The coaches that are capable of building a winning culture
I see the great motivators that lift their teams
A great coach is like a great musical conductor . He fine tunes individual players and gets them all playing in harmony and raised the tempo that climaxes into a winning performance .
Sorry mate you can motivate a crappy player all you like but they will still be crappy!
No matter which coach trains Hasson he will still be crap
No matter which coach trains Myles he will be still crap
No matter which coach trains Brown he will be still crap
Enough you get my point .

Interesting comments in The Manly Daily today from Scott Penn, when quizzed on the weekend's performance.

He said he was 'Treating the weekend as a once off and the team had to get on with it". He also said the team's effort the previous week against the Storm was 'fantastic'.

I feel our Chairman has his head slightly in the sand in relation to on field performance at the moment.

So we see that Mr Penn is treating our ..... ELEVEN..... loses in a row a " once off "
Very interesting indeed !!!

Mr Penn whos motto was " This is a results driven business " is now calling the narrow loss by our team a fantastic performance ?
Is losing narrowly now the new bench mark by Mr Penn . ?

Any one that accepts Narrow loses accepts a Sea eagle turning into a mere Sparrow

I will always be grateful to Mr Penn who has poured his heart and money into the club to keep it viable but if his new moto is to except Mediocrity which will turn our club into the new North Sydney he may as well take his money and invest it somewhere else

We are not the Manly sparrows Mr pen . We are the mighty Manly Sea eagles .
sprrow nag.jpg

Sorry mate you can motivate a crappy player all you like but they will still be crappy!
Maybe you should have used Kelly to make your point ;)

No matter how many excuse you make . Excuses don't get results
Losses and excuses never turn in to a winning culture
and that is straight to the point feathered friend
If changes are not made . Nothing will change
untitled.png

Crappy players ?
We have the most dominating players in the elite SOO series
Jake
Tom
DCE
Some how our coaching staff cant get them firing in all cylinder at once to have a winning impact in our team

BUT WAIT !!!

THERE ARE MORE

YES MORE

EXCUSES COMING

LOL

Is Hasson still playing for us ?
Is Myles still playing for us ?
Is Brown still playing for us ?
never seen them playing for a while
I guess this is part of the living in denial from people that accept excuses .
EXCUSES SUCK !!!

This is after the 2018 NRL season record loss last week
The club is in crisis and this our response to Adversity
I see a coach that is frustrated , I see a coach that is burnt out from the pressure of NRL , I see a coach that has no answers ,
I see a coach that has lost interest . DCE was all smiles when he was in camp with the Maroons and now I see a captain that has lost hope .
A affective coach is the one who instils confidence , inspiration and optimism to his team and a winning culture is formed by all those great qualities
I cant see this affect here from our coach . In fact what I see is quite the opposite .
What can you guys see here ???

View attachment 9017
Guilty after abandoning ship

Look for excuses and you will find loses

Look for solutions and you can turn loses into wins|

For those that are wondering where did I find that quote ?
I found at in my own competitive winning nature that hates losing with a passion !!!

Guilty after abandoning ship
Row, row, row your boat
Gently down the stream
Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily
NRL coaching is but a dream

Our Season is over and now all we have left is Mad Mondays 7 days a week :giggle::rofl::clap::party::giggle::rofl::clap::party:

Sorry but i don't consider the majority of our squad to be crap. We field enough talent talent week in and week out to be competitive and to achieve as much as other comparable squads such as the Tigers and the Knights have this year. Against the roosters we had no less than 5 international representatives in our side (Turbo, DCE, Marty, AFB and Jake). Even for players at this level it must be hard to maintain motivation and confidence when your side plays with no game plan and you're only won 5 from 18 starts. You start to loose faith in your coaching staff and consider that they are running out of ideas. As a matter of pure logic the coaching staff cannot be blameless. We are playing like real wooden spoon candidates and the players look disinterested. IMO the coaching staff are the ones that are crap!

Sorry but i don't consider the majority of our squad to be crap. We field enough talent talent week in and week out to be competitive and to achieve as much as other comparable squads such as the Tigers and the Knights have this year. Against the roosters we had no less than 5 international representatives in our side (Turbo, DCE, Marty, AFB and Jake). Even for players at this level it must be hard to maintain motivation and confidence when your side plays with no game plan and you're only won 5 from 18 starts. You start to loose faith in your coaching staff and consider that they are running out of ideas. As a matter of pure logic the coaching staff cannot be blameless. We are playing like real wooden spoon candidates and the players look disinterested. IMO the coaching staff are the ones that are crap!
Agreed, the players got us home a few weeks ago against the Panthers and won us the 1st half against the Storm - it was the overall structures and failure to adapt to change that have really let us down recently (as well as the complete collapse in moral that seems to occur) and this should be the responsibility of coaching staff (and to some extent senior players). If we don't have the high caliber players to put points on teams then coach basic defensive play as it should be much easier for the lower grade players to understand - you can't blame individuals for a team putting 50+ points on you.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8