The Sea Eagles crisis!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
And yet it’s all ( or as @Cameron says 90%) coach, sorry I call bull****.

Having been pretty close to the playing group from 2006-2013 in my travel days I asked many of them “ what about the **** going on in HQ ?”, most would just laugh it off.

They had a very strong football department, Steve Gigg was just the best ( an unsung hero) , great trainer in Donny Singe and two die hard Manly Coaches in Hasler & Toovey.

The football department ( as a whole) shielded then from the bull****!!

Fast forward to 2018 and the place is a shambles , and there’s no strong football department in place, who do we have there Ferris ( useless ), Cartwright ( waste of space ) and Barrett ( trys hard but still learning).

So what happens when there’s no shield ??

The players buy into the **** that goes on!!

And there ladies and gentleman is the REAL issue!!
Mate you just said it that @Mark from Brisbane and you are right mate

Who was the fool who let Donny and giggs go.
TRENT

Look at souths and how well they’re doing
Coach Seibold (sacked by Barrett)
Assistant coach willie peters sacked after being bullied by Barrett’s man Ferris.

If looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck. It’s a duck well in Barrett’s case a wood duck

i never want to diminish the affect of the coaches, ceos, footy department etc. they do affect the team. ultimately players have a choice of ignoring it and playing to win for eachother for there mates or they can use it as an excuse to underperform. Regardless of the culture and off fielfd shambles the players in part are just not turning up. i can see the players like jake and thommo getting really frustrated about it on field.

the forwards have mainly done a job with afb being the man playing with a lot of passion and pride in everything he does, same as jake but we expect that

was turbo taking the lead yesterday and running on last and kicking a gameplan or a sign of frustration. he forced 2 repeats albeit one very lucky. i sensed frustration in how we finish our sets usually. i have no doubt they are a friendly bunch but more and more cracks seem obvious within the team and thats about the players and nothing else. its not just lane

i wrote a long time back its just a matter of time before the gruntmasters who mainly do there job say bugger this ****. i expect this is happeneing far more than we want to believe

other than that, some knowledgable poster predicted this week attitude may suck if the barret rumours to penrith are true, This could also be a factor lately but essentially the players own the game, our squad is talented to a point and we are in no way playing for eachother and gorman, penn or hr puff n stuff have nothing to do with that

the effort was no where to be seen yesterday and who didnt see it coming

Mate you just said it that @Mark from Brisbane and you are right mate

Who was the fool who let Donny and giggs go.
TRENT

Look at souths and how well they’re doing
Coach Seibold (sacked by Barrett)
Assistant coach willie peters sacked after being bullied by Barrett’s man Ferris.

If looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and waddles like a duck. It’s a duck well in Barrett’s case a wood duck

cmon man, do some research and use some facts.

Seibold left due to interference from head office, not sacked by Barrett.

I agree we have bigger issues but i can almost guarantee that, rightly or wrongly, the coach will be the circuit breaker.... then we can put up with another 3 years of 'rebuilding' with the same rotten culture holding us back... scary times ahead i reckon

I agree we have bigger issues but i can almost guarantee that, rightly or wrongly, the coach will be the circuit breaker.... then we can put up with another 3 years of 'rebuilding' with the same rotten culture holding us back... scary times ahead i reckon

My point exactly, you sack the coach ( and who would want to replace him anyway) and you still have ALLthe other issues.

Nothing , and I mean nothing will happen until one of two things occur.

1) the owners pull their fingers out and provide the right resources to make this club great again.

2) the owners either sell or hand back the licence.

If neither happens we are stuck in the same position we are right for now!!

Panthers, Warriors, Dragons and Eels have all been flogged by 50 this year...no crisis.

If we win the close ones this year we are challenging for the finals again... No crisis.

Despite everything that's happened we still aren't last... No crisis .

Cruicial injuries to key players...No crisis.

Gorman is 6 months into rebuilding the club...No crisis.

Just supporters in crisis.

The club is taking steps in the right direction. It unfortunately takes time to rebuild what Bozos rebuild left us.
As much as I hate loosing and as much as there a lot on here loosing their heads a bit , and call me delusional if you like but I tend to agree with a fair bit of what you are saying.

From memory we have lost 3 or 4 games by 1 or 2 points and definitely some of those losses have been aided in refereeing blunders but never the less if we had 8 points we would be sitting just outside of the 8 in very good striking distance.That would put a different spin on the situation or if you like a " new frock on the old girl "!!

The reality is we are not there but although i am wavering on Barrett as a coach ,I just think that at Manly you need a hard head like Toovey, Hasler or even McGuire

Secondly I feel the ripple effects of Hasler leaving the way he did back in 2011 is still being played out 7 years later. Haslers botched negotiiations , Toovey being rushed in the DCE/ Foran /Stewart debacle/botched negotiations, the recruiting of expensive duds i.e. Miles,salary cap/tpa issues its all a massive domino effect still playing out today .And although Penn's money is what keeps the club alive he is slowly killing it in other ways and the first step in that was letting Hasler go like he did and the 2nd was getting rid of Toovey like he did .
At the end of the day it is Rick Penn that has made all the money Mr Fluffy has just inherited it and to be honest basis his management at Manly he would be lucky to hold down a job putting lids on pickle jars ,if in fact he wasn't Rick Penn's son

So where to from here assuming that we don't find another benefactor who wants to buy the club and that Max D doesn't suddenly re make his fortune ? Well I don't have all the answers but I think Penn just needs to pony up some more cash(that's right more cash!!) and re invigorate the footy dept so that from the top down we are competitive.That also effects the players as they know that the owner is giving them all the necessary tools to be competitive and successful not just paying them their contracted wages which come form the NRL anyway.They have to believe that others believe,much like us fans like to believe that the players play for the club because they want to and not just because they are being paid to do it.I.e the Turbo's

If Penn falters and Greenburg gets his chance to pounce like the snake in the grass he is it will be the Subiaco Sea Birds before you know it ,and I'm not sure how Penn's dollar return comes out after that if at all .So he is in for the long haul whether he likes it or not

If we win this appeal I may have a different take on this as it seems Penn is or at least appears to be not sparing any dimes to clear the clubs name .Maybe if the appeal is successful it will lift a fairly heavy veil that has shrouded the club form when it was announced earlier in the year and then maybe we can go on with a little more confidence , a bit more pep in the step, and a bit more pride and then just put one foot in front of the other and have a f*&#n go !!!

So step up Mr Penn ! others will follow but you are the owner and the leader like it or not ...so lead mo_)*)(*&r !!!
Go Manly

Panthers, Warriors, Dragons and Eels have all been flogged by 50 this year...no crisis.

If we win the close ones this year we are challenging for the finals again... No crisis.

The club is taking steps in the right direction. It unfortunately takes time to rebuild what Bozos rebuild left us.
Thank you for your view
Here is a clearer picture feathered friend
The Warriors Dragons and Panthers are not in Crisis . They are in the hunt for the finals
Eels and Sea eagles coaches are in Crisis as their season is over and their club supporters are also over them and all their excuses
Another Press conference with no solutions
images.jpg

And yet it’s all ( or as @Cameron says 90%) coach, sorry I call bull****.

Having been pretty close to the playing group from 2006-2013 in my travel days I asked many of them “ what about the **** going on in HQ ?”, most would just laugh it off.

They had a very strong football department, Steve Gigg was just the best ( an unsung hero) , great trainer in Donny Singe and two die hard Manly Coaches in Hasler & Toovey.

The football department ( as a whole) shielded then from the bull****!!

Fast forward to 2018 and the place is a shambles , and there’s no strong football department in place, who do we have there Ferris ( useless ), Cartwright ( waste of space ) and Barrett ( trys hard but still learning).

So what happens when there’s no shield ??

The players buy into the **** that goes on!!

And there ladies and gentleman is the REAL issue!!
I love this forum as we all have our spray ;)

When Des was at the club and there was sht happening at Board level he had his players flying under the raider and winning Grand finals
Adversity brings out our true characters . Some of us crumble and some of us rumble

I love this forum as we all have our spray ;)

When Des was at the club and there was sht happening at Board level he had his players flying under the raider and winning Grand finals
Adversity brings out our true characters . Some of us crumble and some of us rumble

I’ve actually got no dramas with how he ran the side and how he isolated them ( along with his whole football department, not just him) from the **** that was happening.

It was smart to do so at the time.

Sadly our current coach doesn’t have the suppport team Hasler had, and so far from being isolated I think they are in the midst of all the doggy doo doo and this is a part of our current issues.

I’ve actually got no dramas with how he ran the side and how he isolated them ( along with his whole football department, not just him) from the **** that was happening.

Sadly our current coach doesn’t have the suppport team Hasler had, and so far from being isolated I think they are in the midst of all the doggy doo doo and this is a part of our current issues.
Isolation is a good thing . It means he can get on with the job without distractions .
For every excuse a results driven person has a solution

I feel compelled to defend both Hasler & Penn.

Firstly Hasler was shafted early in the 2011 season when he was told by Graham Lowe that he wasn’t sure he could recommend to the Board an extended contract so who could blame him for taking care of his future. Secondly Hasler had a plan to deal with the back ended contracts by recruiting and developing the right journeymen and rookies, which he had a long history of success with. Think David Williams, Glen Hall, Heath L’Estrange, Mark Bryant, Joe Galuvao, Shane Rodney, Jamie Buhrer, Vic Mauro & George Rose as all examples of Manly Premiership winners under Hasler who were either castaways or underrated rookies. Had Graham Lowe not shafted him we wouldn’t have lost him, end of story. He failed at Canterbury because they had no culture and Hasler couldn’t transplant the Manly culture, but he did take them to 2 Grand Finals in 5 years.

Penn made a mistake with the Toovey situation, no doubt, but then he did what everyone on here has been pleading for. He hired a Manly legend who understood the culture and had won premierships as a player and a coach and gave him free reign to make it right. That Bozo messed it up doesn’t mean it wasn’t a good idea and well intentioned. Penn has made many mistakes, but if you analyse what he has tried to do I can see what he was shooting for. The current situation is at the feet of Bozo, end of story. He agreed to the Toovey departure, he hired Barrett and he assembled the bulk of the playing roster.

The big question is where to from here.

One of the most delusional posts ever! I like how stupid it is. Thanks

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8