The Sea Eagles crisis!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It’s going to be all over the media this week so we may as well get in early.

Let me say at the outset I’m not a Trent Barrett lover, but nor do I believe the current situation is all his fault.

This has been coming for a while and has been building and building since the Penn’s took over and sacked 2V.

I don’t know what the “ end game” is with Scott and his family but I don’t think it’s running a successful footy club.

The power struggle between the two groups that owned the Eagles was just that , a typical corporate power struggle.

It wasn’t about football, it wasn’t about history it was about POWER!

So, they now have the power BUT now “ seemingly” don’t give much of a **** about what’s going on as it’s just a loss making section of their very large business.

They win the war , and that’s ALL they wanted!!

We were all warned about this, much was discussed at the time about the dangers of single ownership but here we are with single owners and the place is in chaos.

A mate of mine , a former FC board member ( no not Vidmar) tweeted me yesterday saying “ don’t lay the entire blame on Barrett he’s the coach of the most poorly resourced club in the NRL, in fact rated 16th out of 16”.

You all say the players aren’t showing up for Trent, I’d actually suggest the players aren’t showing up for the club!!

A few are, the Turbo’s for example , the rest are just career footy players , and it’s just about the money!

They have zero faith in the system and aren’t supported by that system, and there’s your problem in a nutshell!!

Is it a crisis, absolutely.

But whilstever the Penn’s concentrate on their business in the USA and treat us as “ playthings “ nothing will change.

For me it’s not about just changing the coach it’s about changing the whole place from the very top to the bottom, do that and we can be great again.

Do nothing and I fear that by the time of the next broadcast deal we may not have a club!

Well said Mark, the club is rotten from the top down.
Agree with your part about Barrett, he is not the one to blame, he has potential to be a great coach if he has the resources. I guarantee you if he is to go back to penrith he will win them a premiership.

Let me say at the outset I’m not a Trent Barrett lover, but nor do I believe the current situation is all his fault.

This has been coming for a while and has been building and building since the Penn’s took over and sacked 2V.

I don’t know what the “ end game” is with Scott and his family but I don’t think it’s running a successful footy club.

The power struggle between the two groups that owned the Eagles was just that , a typical corporate power struggle.

So, they now have the power BUT now “ seemingly” don’t give much of a **** about what’s going on as it’s just a loss making section of their very large business.

We were all warned about this, much was discussed at the time about the dangers of single ownership but here we are with single owners and the place is in chaos.

A mate of mine , a former FC board member ( no not Vidmar) tweeted me yesterday saying “ don’t lay the entire blame on Barrett he’s the coach of the most poorly resourced club in the NRL, in fact rated 16th out of 16”.

You all say the players aren’t showing up for Trent, I’d actually suggest the players aren’t showing up for the club!!

A few are, the Turbo’s for example , the rest are just career footy players , and it’s just about the money!

They have zero faith in the system and aren’t supported by that system, and there’s your problem in a nutshell!!

But whilstever the Penn’s concentrate on their business in the USA and treat us as “ playthings “ nothing will change.

For me it’s not about just changing the coach it’s about changing the whole place from the very top to the bottom, do that and we can be great again.

Do nothing and I fear that by the time of the next broadcast deal we may not have a club!
Yeah but how do you fix this? What is the solution?

You could get the governing body to pull the owners into line and say they are bringing the game into to disrepute and are not up to standards........mmm maybe not

How screwed up is this situation!

90% of it is Barrett.
He shafted Matai and snake

He brought that ****head Ferris in and sacked Donny Singe.

He let green go before having a replacement locked up

He released a local junior in gutho who has been killing it at another club

He signed plonkers like
Brown
Thompson
The other green
Croaker
J Wright
M Wright
Signed Dylan walker then played him
Out of position
Hammered Hastings in public after leaking the story the kid wouldn’t play first
Grade again
The fool is a clueless disgrace and is no
Officially the worst coach in manly history behind Sharp.

He needs to resign ASAP

Last edited:

Agree with most of this Mark except Barrett. As I said in another thread losing games is not the real issue. It’s how we lose. Well coached depleted sides can compete well even without winning. I can’t remember a season except 03 where we have been drubbed so many times and lost so often at home.Fans will put up with a low ladder finish if they see effort, a plan and hope for the future.Fans arent stupid . They admire a weakened side that’s losing due to being outclassed yet playing with effort and a plan.Our losses generally involve neither of these.

Tigers won’t make the eight but the fans are loving the effort.When you see us lose do you see any method to the madness? I don’t and that’s the point , not the actual losses. And that is down to one person. The coach. Otherwise I’m with you 100 percent .

Last edited:
That’s it in a nutshell I believe
All that has been great in Manly’s Success in the past has been through past players stepping up into roles at the club to bring more success at the moment there are no signs of this and the Penns have a lot to do with it

Mark, i AGREE with everything you've said.I'm neither a supporter nor a critic of Twenty.
I'm not close enough to the inner sanctum to know if Cameron is correct with all his black marks against Twenty. If one-quarter of them are true then he should be punted. Now.
If he is just a victim of poor management, and a lack of funding, then he is only part of the problem.
In my opinion this club needs to be sold or merged. I think it's the only way we will survive.
Money brings success in the NRL (unless you are Doesn'tmatta) and we just can't compete.
I think there is an opportunity to tap into the support and player resources on the south island of NZ. I think this is a more palatable alternative then moving elsewhere in Australia.
I feel fortunate to have watched the great Manly sides from the 1960s on. I love sitting on the Hill at Brookie and feeling that 'my' team is giving their all.
Yesterday I just had to make a joke of it because the standard of play was laughable. And to do it in front of the Golden Eagles was disrespectful, at the very least.
Blame Twenty? Sure. But blame a lot of the players and the owners and administrators also.

Mark I agree with the issue at the top, however let's have a look at how many times our wingers have scored this year or any outside backs for that matter. I seem to remember the glory days where all our conversions were from the sideline, most of the roosters breaks came out wide, they were set out deep all game, manly were deep in one set.
5 hit ups and a kick is just boring sh...t.
In the first half the hit ups came off the dummy half, then we really shook up the roosters by going 5 hitups off 2nd pass. Crap football and surely the penns aren't doing the game plans. So whilst I haven't been a trent bagger, it's pretty clear to me that TB has no idea

It should be all over the media. There needs to be an investigation. The thing that annoys me is the turnover of CEOs and the bickering and power struggles among staff. They change the CEO they get Fulton in to clean out the playing group but it continues to be the same old story over and over again

90% of it is Barrett.
He shafted Matai and toovey.

He signed plonkers like
Brown
Thompson
The other green
Croaker
J Wright
M Wright
Out of position
Grade again

He needs to resign ASAP

mate most of the players were signed by Bozo (otherwise the rest is fair..)

Mark I agree with the issue at the top, however let's have a look at how many times our wingers have scored this year or any outside backs for that matter. I seem to remember the glory days where all our conversions were from the sideline, most of the roosters breaks came out wide, they were set out deep all game, manly were deep in one set.
5 hit ups and a kick is just boring sh...t.
In the first half the hit ups came off the dummy half, then we really shook up the roosters by going 5 hitups off 2nd pass. Crap football and surely the penns aren't doing the game plans. So whilst I haven't been a trent bagger, it's pretty clear to me that TB has no idea
Quite correct. It was the same pattern in the Under 20s. We have some good outside backs in that team and whenever they were given a chance they made inroads, scoring three tries. But the big forwards kept hitting it up. If it ever got to the 5/8 he would turn it back inside to a forward who'd go back towards the defence. I got so frustrated that Funa, the centre and by far the team's best player, was constantly starved of possession. I now tend to agree that this must be a coaching tactic throughout the whole club. I've also noticed that our teams, on the whole, are bigger than the opposition and I feel this is the Fulton influence. Unfortunately many of these players are lazy in defence, need spells, have only one speed and know only one style of play: bash and barge. Programmed automatons. It's not working, as our results show throughout the grades.
Where are our real 'footballers' who, regardless of body shape, knew how to win matches?

It should be all over the media. There needs to be an investigation. The thing that annoys me is the turnover of CEOs and the bickering and power struggles among staff. They change the CEO they get Fulton in to clean out the playing group but it continues to be the same old story over and over again

And yet it’s all ( or as @Cameron says 90%) coach, sorry I call bull****.

Having been pretty close to the playing group from 2006-2013 in my travel days I asked many of them “ what about the **** going on in HQ ?”, most would just laugh it off.

They had a very strong football department, Steve Gigg was just the best ( an unsung hero) , great trainer in Donny Singe and two die hard Manly Coaches in Hasler & Toovey.

The football department ( as a whole) shielded then from the bull****!!

Fast forward to 2018 and the place is a shambles , and there’s no strong football department in place, who do we have there Ferris ( useless ), Cartwright ( waste of space ) and Barrett ( trys hard but still learning).

So what happens when there’s no shield ??

The players buy into the **** that goes on!!

And there ladies and gentleman is the REAL issue!!

I bet the next time Slothfield is on NRL 360 it will a total Sea Eagles bagathon!!

There’s no one more into that than our mate Buzz!!

These unpatriotic players have to remember that such sh!thouse performances as witnessed yesterday will not only drop their market value but will most likely see them having to play over in England.

The solution is simple. Des Hasler he fixed the joint once and he would do it again.
Cam I'd have Hasler back in an instant, as long as he is not involved in contract negotiations!!! He would definitely have this club back on top pretty quickly. Many on here bag the $h%t out of him & our roster but i think we have a good core of players who just need someone to get them to play to their potential. Unfortunately Barrett can't seem to do that. Des has a track record with Manly that not many coaches have had. Our players are itching to show what they can do. Many of our players have the X factor but no one to get it out of them. We could field a team next year capable of anything with the right coach.......whatever Hasler did he did with the managements blessing & then they ambushed him. Hasler has the game plans & the ability to get the best out of our boys. I'm pretty sure he wouldn't be afraid to blood youngsters like T Wright, Anderson etc. With a good coaching staff & by that I mean get Menzies & Cliffy involved & definitely get Donny Singe back we would be right up there. I'm confident Des would get the job done

90% of it is Barrett.
He shafted Matai and toovey.

He signed plonkers like
Brown
Thompson
The other green
Croaker
J Wright
M Wright
Out of position
Grade again

He needs to resign ASAP

I think you are mixing Barrett and Zorba up.

Barrett was not at the club when Zorba shafted Tooves and had nothing to do with it

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8