The Sea Eagles crisis!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not so delusional: I thought we were all over Easts in the last five minutes of the match. If only the game had gone on a little longer . . .
I thought we were all over them from the 68th to 72nd minute. We looked good.

I feel compelled to defend both Hasler & Penn.

Firstly Hasler was shafted early in the 2011 season when he was told by Graham Lowe that he wasn’t sure he could recommend to the Board an extended contract so who could blame him for taking care of his future. Secondly Hasler had a plan to deal with the back ended contracts by recruiting and developing the right journeymen and rookies, which he had a long history of success with. Think David Williams, Glen Hall, Heath L’Estrange, Mark Bryant, Joe Galuvao, Shane Rodney, Jamie Buhrer, Vic Mauro & George Rose as all examples of Manly Premiership winners under Hasler who were either castaways or underrated rookies. Had Graham Lowe not shafted him we wouldn’t have lost him, end of story. He failed at Canterbury because they had no culture and Hasler couldn’t transplant the Manly culture, but he did take them to 2 Grand Finals in 5 years.

Penn made a mistake with the Toovey situation, no doubt, but then he did what everyone on here has been pleading for. He hired a Manly legend who understood the culture and had won premierships as a player and a coach and gave him free reign to make it right. That Bozo messed it up doesn’t mean it wasn’t a good idea and well intentioned. Penn has made many mistakes, but if you analyse what he has tried to do I can see what he was shooting for. The current situation is at the feet of Bozo, end of story. He agreed to the Toovey departure, he hired Barrett and he assembled the bulk of the playing roster.

The big question is where to from here.
Seriously the best post I’ve read on here in ages. I agree 1000%

And yet it’s all ( or as @Cameron says 90%) coach, sorry I call bull****.

Having been pretty close to the playing group from 2006-2013 in my travel days I asked many of them “ what about the **** going on in HQ ?”, most would just laugh it off.

They had a very strong football department, Steve Gigg was just the best ( an unsung hero) , great trainer in Donny Singe and two die hard Manly Coaches in Hasler & Toovey.

The football department ( as a whole) shielded then from the bull****!!

Fast forward to 2018 and the place is a shambles , and there’s no strong football department in place, who do we have there Ferris ( useless ), Cartwright ( waste of space ) and Barrett ( trys hard but still learning).

So what happens when there’s no shield ??

The players buy into the **** that goes on!!

And there ladies and gentleman is the REAL issue!!
But these are professional footballers earning great money. Why do they give a fuk what’s happening in HO? Surely when they run out onto the field they want to win? Do they discuss how sh1t this club is run behind the posts in their many huddles they’ve had this season? I just don’t think so.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."
Nice quote from Arnold. S.
If we get through this we will be strong-er.

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."
Nice quote from Arnold. S.
If we get through this we will be strong-er.

You sure that’s a quote from Arnold and not our very own @BOZO ? It sounds very much like Bozo!

You sure that’s a quote from Arnold and not our very own @BOZO ? It sounds very much like Bozo!
That was Arnies feathered friend
If you read his biography you will find that he overcame Adversity to become a Champion Bodybuilder , Movie star and Governor of California
I have read biographies of all the people that have become great and successful from sports people to business people and they all had one thing in common
They had to overcome adversity against all odds and they prevailed . Any one can come up with excuses but excuses do not get us anywhere . We achieve nothing from excuses .
What is the point of paying some one just to offer an excuse ? People get paid to find solutions . Other wise give me Trents Job where I can just shake my head and make excuses at the presser at the end of every game and keep our team at the end of the competition ladder vying for the spoon .

e1ce8e32e0981ed0484d44af448c166b.jpg

That was Arnies feathered friend
If you read his biography you will find that he overcame Adversity to become a Champion Bodybuilder , Movie star and Governor of California
I have read biographies of all the people that have become great and successful from sports people to business people and they all had one thing in common
They had to overcome adversity against all odds and they prevailed .
Any one can come up with excuses but excuses do not get us anywhere . We achieve nothing from excuses .
What is the point of paying some one just to offer an excuse ? People get paid to find solutions . Other wise give me Trents Job where I can just shake my head and make excuses at the presser at the end of every game and keep our team at the end of the competition ladder vying for the spoon .

View attachment 9013
Umm... I think you may find that the "overcoming adversity" narrative sells books. Makes sense for these people to hone in on this particular aspect from the far greater and messy mosaic that makes up their true life experiences.

It’s going to be all over the media this week so we may as well get in early.

Let me say at the outset I’m not a Trent Barrett lover, but nor do I believe the current situation is all his fault.

This has been coming for a while and has been building and building since the Penn’s took over and sacked 2V.

I don’t know what the “ end game” is with Scott and his family but I don’t think it’s running a successful footy club.

The power struggle between the two groups that owned the Eagles was just that , a typical corporate power struggle.

It wasn’t about football, it wasn’t about history it was about POWER!

So, they now have the power BUT now “ seemingly” don’t give much of a **** about what’s going on as it’s just a loss making section of their very large business.

They win the war , and that’s ALL they wanted!!

We were all warned about this, much was discussed at the time about the dangers of single ownership but here we are with single owners and the place is in chaos.

A mate of mine , a former FC board member ( no not Vidmar) tweeted me yesterday saying “ don’t lay the entire blame on Barrett he’s the coach of the most poorly resourced club in the NRL, in fact rated 16th out of 16”.

You all say the players aren’t showing up for Trent, I’d actually suggest the players aren’t showing up for the club!!

A few are, the Turbo’s for example , the rest are just career footy players , and it’s just about the money!

They have zero faith in the system and aren’t supported by that system, and there’s your problem in a nutshell!!

Is it a crisis, absolutely.

But whilstever the Penn’s concentrate on their business in the USA and treat us as “ playthings “ nothing will change.

For me it’s not about just changing the coach it’s about changing the whole place from the very top to the bottom, do that and we can be great again.

Do nothing and I fear that by the time of the next broadcast deal we may not have a club!
Well said mate.

Umm... I think you may find that the "overcoming adversity" narrative sells books. Makes sense for these people to hone in on this particular aspect from the far greater and messy mosaic that makes up their true life experiences.
These are real life stories feathered friend .

Penn made a mistake with the Toovey situation, no doubt, but then he did what everyone on here has been pleading for. He hired a Manly legend who understood the culture and had won premierships as a player and a coach and gave him free reign to make it right. That Bozo messed it up doesn’t mean it wasn’t a good idea and well intentioned. Penn has made many mistakes, but if you analyse what he has tried to do I can see what he was shooting for. The current situation is at the feet of Bozo, end of story. He agreed to the Toovey departure, he hired Barrett and he assembled the bulk of the playing roster.

The big question is where to from here.
I could accept this if it weren't for the revolving door of CEOs and, much more importantly, our chronically under resourced football department. Is he not wealthy enough or what is that about?
We really do seem to be a very badly run club. Very interested in your take on this.

90% of it is Barrett.
He shafted Matai and snake

He brought that ****head Ferris in and sacked Donny Singe.

He let green go before having a replacement locked up

He released a local junior in gutho who has been killing it at another club

He signed plonkers like
Brown
Thompson
The other green
Croaker
J Wright
M Wright
Signed Dylan walker then played him
Out of position
Hammered Hastings in public after leaking the story the kid wouldn’t play first
Grade again
The fool is a clueless disgrace and is no
Officially the worst coach in manly history behind Sharp.

He needs to resign ASAP
I just need to point out Matai and snake should never have been resigned as long as they were! Someone had to do it. Or should we have paid two guys for longer that could no longer play football. Did you see them lace a boot for anyone else? They were broken. We would have been in an even worse place if we paid them for longer

Being in this “ other world “ up here where all you get on TV / Newspapers is Donkeyville what’s it actually been like in Sydney the last few days , much mention of a “ crises” or are we just so much out of the picture now that no one gives a ****?!!!

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8