The Queen's Death

With the sad passing of our majesty Queen Elizabeth II it will be interesting how the Australian public will adhere themselves to King Charles III? I am sure the Republicans will be restless and the drums will be beating to end the ties to the monarchy.
He’s gonna be called George I think

20220909_101241.jpg

Yes of course. I’m sure the Mint is right on it and today’s minimally-staffed and much reduced in number banking branches will be able to cope with a sudden influx of coinage over the next working day.

When they switched to decimal currency, it didn’t just happen overnight. There was an official changeover date, but there was no way the old currency simply disappeared from one day to the next.

Likewise with new decimal tender, i.e. the transition to polymer notes, the 12-sided 50c replacing the round one, or the one and two dollar coins replacing notes.

In reality there will be a transition over the next 12-24 months or thereabouts. Who knows, the monarch’s visage may disappear altogether from Australia’s currency, even before we become a republic. Now might be a good time to do that. But I suspect they won’t.
Any decision in regards to remaining a Monarchy or becoming a Republic will require a referendum by the Australian people to decide.

No sh-t, really?
Yes. FYI

To give Australians a merit-based choice about who our Head of State is, Australia’s Constitution must be amended through a national vote (a referendum). The choice is in the hands of Australians - it’s not something the Commonwealth Parliament can do by itself. For a referendum to be successful, the change needs to be supported by a majority of voters nationally, as well as a majority of voters in a majority of states.

The Commonwealth Parliament does, however, need to support laws that propose the change before it can go to a vote.

Yes. FYI

To give Australians a merit-based choice about who our Head of State is, Australia’s Constitution must be amended through a national vote (a referendum). The choice is in the hands of Australians - it’s not something the Commonwealth Parliament can do by itself. For a referendum to be successful, the change needs to be supported by a majority of voters nationally, as well as a majority of voters in a majority of states.

The Commonwealth Parliament does, however, need to support laws that propose the change before it can go to a vote.
Oh FFS. That must have been what that referendum back in ‘99 was all about.

Where is a straw, a bowl and some eggs when you need them?

Yes. FYI

But the indigenous voice referendum will have to come first. So probably the Republic referendum won't happen for a few years yet, if it even happens before a possible change of government in the next 3/4 years.

Oh FFS. That must have been what that referendum back in ‘99 was all about.

Where is a straw, a bowl and some eggs when you need them?
Yes that one was a big no. But the older generations are dying out and the younger generations are coming though, so who knows? A few referendums possibly coming up in the next few years?

Jeez he’s ungrateful, George 7 was reserved for him. Now they’ll have to get new tea towels printed.
That's a lot of Georges, but he didn't have to be George, I think he can pick any name. I might be wrong but I don't think there is a rule or regulation that says 'here are 10 names for Kings or Queens, pick one'

H
That's a lot of Georges, but he didn't have to be George, I think he can pick any name. I might be wrong but I don't think there is a rule or regulation that says 'here are 10 names for Kings or Queens, pick one'
He could have been Jayden the first.

Elizabeth held the monarchy together when it could have vanished under these regular misdemeanors by the family. I just wonder if Charles is up to it, to maintain the tradition

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2