The Queen's Death

Was this you in the SMH this morning, davohan?

EDB46E7B-8221-475C-B33B-9D826367D4F0.jpeg

Charles being dumped from the $5 note:

The Reserve Bank has made a sensational decision to dump King Charles III from the $5 note.

In a statement, the central bank said it was time to update the banknote to feature a “new design that honours the culture and history of First Australians.”

“This new design will replace the portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The other side of the $5 banknote will continue to feature the Australian Parliament,” it said.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...e/news-story/78c7f3020170d302ae60d0e4f23c7a44

DCE the highest paid NRL player should have his portrait on our 100 dollar note

I love our Manly and QLD captain and I hope he has a BIg Premiership winning year

Source: AAP

Charles being dumped from the $5 note:

The Reserve Bank has made a sensational decision to dump King Charles III from the $5 note.

In a statement, the central bank said it was time to update the banknote to feature a “new design that honours the culture and history of First Australians.”

“This new design will replace the portrait of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II. The other side of the $5 banknote will continue to feature the Australian Parliament,” it said.

https://www.news.com.au/entertainme...e/news-story/78c7f3020170d302ae60d0e4f23c7a44
Good , and he can **** right off all together in my opinion.

I respected the Queen, but absolutely zero respect for this prick.

Good , and he can **** right off all together in my opinion.

I respected the Queen, but absolutely zero respect for this prick.

Oooo! Not like you to be so emotional about things there Mark. I agree the Queen was a remarkable person who rarely put a foot wrong in her role and deserves the adulation. Bloody tough job despite some of the benefits and I certainly wouldn't like to be a royal. I dont think Charles is that bad but he doesnt have Elizabeth's charisma. Maybe William will be better if the Monarchy survives...and I think it will purely for the glamour it projects and the money made out of tourism etc.

Having said that I suspect you share my opinion that unless we have a purely Australian monarch, we need to be a totally independent nation without the symbolic attachment to Great Britain

Oooo! Not like you to be so emotional about things there Mark. I agree the Queen was a remarkable person who rarely put a foot wrong in her role and deserves the adulation. Bloody tough job despite some of the benefits and I certainly wouldn't like to be a royal. I dont think Charles is that bad but he doesnt have Elizabeth's charisma. Maybe William will be better if the Monarchy survives...and I think it will purely for the glamour it projects and the money made out of tourism etc.

Having said that I suspect you share my opinion that unless we have a purely Australian monarch, we need to be a totally independent nation without the symbolic attachment to Great Britain
110%

It’s time , in fact it’s more than time , for this to happen.

Our Gracious Queen was the only Devine Royal

Now that she has died so has the Monarchy as there is no one worthy to hold her highest standards

Thanks for the memories our most Gracious Queen Elizabeth II

The Fabulous Birthday Blog: April 21—Happy Birthday Queen Elizabeth II.

Old each way Albo will be pledging Australia's allegiance to King Charles III this Saturday and then next week pushing his agenda for a republic for Australia. You wouldn't trust this bloke has far as you could throw him.

Old each way Albo will be pledging Australia's allegiance to King Charles III this Saturday and then next week pushing his agenda for a republic for Australia. You wouldn't trust this bloke has far as you could throw him.

He's following what the public ask for unlike his predecessor, who even bypassed his ministers attempting to rule alone..Albanese has made it plain that the question of a Republic is 'not eminent'. He's accepting for now Australia has a British monarch. With the death of the Queen, who I think most respected, there is to be a debate about the issue but for now that's all it is. If he reneges on that agreement then we have a right to question his integrity. But to do so without evidence that is what he intends, is just conjecture

Last edited:

Yeah but what the hell is he supposed to do? He doesn't really have a choice does he?

Yeah but what the hell is he supposed to do? He doesn't really have a choice does he?

Somehow there are those who assume they know what the future holds based on their particular political slant. Always amuses me how myopic people can be.

I was sad to hear that our queen was gone. Wishing you a good night's sleep, forever our queen
You only just heard the news? It happened about 8 months ago, was on the news a lot at the time.
By the way, Camilla is our queen now.

They should've just bypassed Charlie and Horsehead, and went straight to Will and Kate. Would've revitalized the monarchy across the Commonwealth.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2