The Queen's Death

A moment in history. The Queen represented a connection with tradition, the past, and enduring institutions. As a person, she was remarkable in a number of ways. I'm no monarchist but her sense of duty was very impressive.
I’m a devout republican, but I did respect her and what she did for 70 years.

But King Charles , well that is indeed a whole other story.

A moment in history. The Queen represented a connection with tradition, the past, and enduring institutions. As a person, she was remarkable in a number of ways. I'm no monarchist but her sense of duty was very impressive.
All the coins need to handed in to the banks today, and Charles coins will be issued.

This needs to be done today because they will no longer be legal tender.

With the sad passing of our majesty Queen Elizabeth II it will be interesting how the Australian public will adhere themselves to King Charles III? I am sure the Republicans will be restless and the drums will be beating to end the ties to the monarchy.

With the sad passing of our majesty Queen Elizabeth II it will be interesting how the Australian public will adhere themselves to King Charles III? I am sure the Republicans will be restless and the drums will be beating to end the ties to the monarchy.
Can’t wait !!

Yes I wholeheartedly agree. I am an Irish born Catholic with strong Republican roots but recognise the importance of her place in our History. Her sense of duty was indeed impressive. Condolences to her family and the people of the UK.

He may not choose to be King Charles ...

RIP

Hopefully Queen Gutho goes down tonight as well
Nothing serious though, just enough to take the wind out of Parras sails.
Gutho has had two knee reconstructions to date, don't want to see his career ended, it wasn't his fault that we fcked up and told him he wasn't wanted.

Older Silvertails, like me, may remember singing our National Anthem "God Save the Queen" at assembly in the mornings

I still remember one day in primary school....6000000 years ago, the headmaster decided we should all sing God save the Queen.
Trouble is, we only knew Advance Aust Fair (as it was by then, our Nat anthem).

He really seemed illogically angry at us all when we went..."mumble mumble mumble...look at shoes, 'Queen!', mumble, look at mates...silence"

It wasn't tried again, and I still have no idea why he demanded it in the first place. lol

RIP QE2

Long live the King

All the coins need to handed in to the banks today, and Charles coins will be issued.

This needs to be done today because they will no longer be legal tender.
Yes of course. I’m sure the Mint is right on it and today’s minimally-staffed and much reduced in number banking branches will be able to cope with a sudden influx of coinage over the next working day.

When they switched to decimal currency, it didn’t just happen overnight. There was an official changeover date, but there was no way the old currency simply disappeared from one day to the next.

Likewise with new decimal tender, i.e. the transition to polymer notes, the 12-sided 50c replacing the round one, or the one and two dollar coins replacing notes.

In reality there will be a transition over the next 12-24 months or thereabouts. Who knows, the monarch’s visage may disappear altogether from Australia’s currency, even before we become a republic. Now might be a good time to do that. But I suspect they won’t.

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2