The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well I'll be a monkeys uncle. Demetriou was at one stage the Next Big Thing but obviously (with Willis Meehan) gotten a bit lost along the way.

@The Wheel suggested in the members forum thread that we might have a few good signings coming BUT a few things have to fall in place first ( or words to that effect ).

Anyone like to have a guess at the moving parts of that conjecture ,at least from our side of the coin??

Well you have to say if the team that ran 3rd is purging 11 players then our #PURGE ( the initial one) does look pretty timid!!

All teams need a goal kicker. While he is not in the elite class he is the best we have.
So factor in a kicker when you are creating your YARTS.
Do you want to put extra pressure on DCE to be our goal kicker? And he's not as good as Sandwich anyway.
I've seen Tyfuna kick goals, but he did not impress me. However, perhaps he could concentrate on that aspect and improve. It would be another reason to keep him in First Grade.
I'm not aware if Harper is a goal kicker. Anyone know?

I have a feeling that even though he'll still be criticised for his defence ... if Garrick scored 15-20 tries and kicked at over 80% next year, a lot of the criticism would die down a fair bit.

The fact that he only scored 4 tries this year and that his kicking wasn't as accurate as 2019 saw a vast increase in criticism. Although in fairness I think he was largely starved of quality possession out on the right wing which led to the dramatic drop in tries scored, and I think he changed his kicking style and its taken him a while to get a handle on it.

I get it about his defence though. Occasionally he does OK, but other times not so good.

Losing WALKER who is on a reduced contract makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. We already lack strike in our backline. Why would we unload him? Who replaces him? Another back rower? How many of them do we need?
Well we still have the next superstar centre in Brad Parker who surely will be pushing for a Blues jumper in 2021.

Losing WALKER who is on a reduced contract makes absolutely no sense to me whatsoever. We already lack strike in our backline. Why would we unload him? Who replaces him? Another back rower? How many of them do we need?
He's contract has suppposedly gone up this year. It was reduced last year. I'd keep him BUT if offload him if it meant we get Saab and Tupouniua.

I 100% agree with that mate. Spot on. Having Trbojevic, Saab, Walker, Schuster in there for the X-factor and speed would be fantastic. Add Hopoate with a full off season to train. Leaves Suli, who on his day can dominate the opposition.

That would leave Parker, Taufua in thre Canterbury Cup unfortunately.

As things stand at this very moment, and forgetting who we "might" sign before next year ... this is how I see us lining up in Round 1, 2021:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Tevita Funa
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Dylan Walker
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Cade Cust
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Jack Gosiewski
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Josh Schuster, Sean Keppie, Hermole Olakau'atu, Morgan Boyle.

Suli and Jorge will still be on the injured list. If he's still at the club, Hopoate will be at Blacktown. And if he's fit, and given what we've already seen from Des, I'd expect at this stage that Jetski is the first cab off the rank to take Thommo's vacant back row spot.

As much as I'd like to see Jake moved to prop and either Siro or Schuster playing lock, I really can't see Des fiddling too much with the make up of the pack other than having to replace AFB, Levi and Thommo. Paseka is the logical choice to start in the front row. I really do think Des is playing smoke and mirrors with any talk of Foz being the dummy half and I can honestly see former junior #9 Cade Cust filling that role until (and if) Fainu returns to the side. And to that end I think Foz will, if fit, be the 5/8 which will move Walker back to the centres.

Other than Foz, right now none of the so far confirmed signings from other clubs really jump out and say "Pick me, I'm first grade".....

As things stand at this very moment, and forgetting who we "might" sign before next year ... this is how I see us lining up in Round 1, 2021:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Tevita Funa
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Dylan Walker
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Cade Cust
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Jack Gosiewski
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Suli and Jorge will still be on the injured list. If he's still at the club, Hopoate will be at Blacktown. And if he's fit, and given what we've already seen from Des, I'd expect at this stage that Jetski is the first cab off the rank to take Thommo's vacant back row spot.

As much as I'd like to see Jake moved to prop and either Siro or Schuster playing lock, I really can't see Des fiddling too much with the make up of the pack other than having to replace AFB, Levi and Thommo. Paseka is the logical choice to start in the front row. I really do think Des is playing smoke and mirrors with any talk of Foz being the dummy half and I can honestly see former junior #9 Cade Cust filling that role until (and if) Fainu returns to the side. And to that end I think Foz will, if fit, be the 5/8 which will move Walker back to the centres.

Other than Foz, right now none of the so far confirmed signings from other clubs really jump out and say "Pick me, I'm first grade".....
Any odds on DCE to Bronks? Coach Walters a fan.

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Tevita Funa
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Dylan Walker
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Cade Cust
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Jack Gosiewski
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Any chance of DCE to Broncs. Walters a big fan. Maybe Foran bought to play 1/2, Schuster 5/8, Schneider hooker and free up some $$’s.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8