The purge is on!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
but he was a bit passive in general play, content to be a link man, but he backed up well. He will likely improve, just wish he had more facial expressions.
Why do you think he will likely improve? Yes he is quite young, but he had the benefit of playing with quality, experienced players left right and centre, I hate them but they are (were) 2 time defending premiers. Yet he showed no sign he wanted to take any control at all, which is the most important job of a half. Compare with our whipping boy DCE who was not shy when he first stepped up into our star-studded top grade.
I'm not convinced Flanagan will ever be a top 4 quality NRL halfback. Should be good for the Dogs standard though.

Forget Schuster. With the Rorters unloading Flanagan they'll throw the house at the Schu and they'll get him.
I think we should just sack him and be done with it. Too much whinging about being entitled to a first grade spot, and not wanting this or that teammate. Clearly has little idea what a team sport is, I've barely seen him but I'm almost over him already.

Why do you think he will likely improve? Yes he is quite young, but he had the benefit of playing with quality, experienced players left right and centre, I hate them but they are (were) 2 time defending premiers. Yet he showed no sign he wanted to take any control at all, which is the most important job of a half. Compare with our whipping boy DCE who was not shy when he first stepped up into our star-studded top grade.
I'm not convinced Flanagan will ever be a top 4 quality NRL halfback. Should be good for the Dogs standard though.
True. Fair enough, he is pretty crap.

I think we should just sack him and be done with it. Too much whinging about being entitled to a first grade spot, and not wanting this or that teammate. Clearly has little idea what a team sport is, I've barely seen him but I'm almost over him already.
When did he actually whinge or say he’s entitled to play 1st grade or not wanting this team mate or that team mate? I only read what some wanker journo wrote & that was disputed by Schuster when he had a meeting with the club to deny he wanted out. Maybe get the facts straight before dumping on him.....the only ones that have said anything about wanting out are the media twats & people in here.

With all the talk about further signings depending on a few things falling our way.........what happens if they don't fall our way? I am not feeling the same sense of optimism. At this stage we have signed Foran and Davey.
If that’s all we get in the off season and from AFB salary then there are serious questions needed to be asked to our club, we just can’t have only Foran and Davey.

When did he actually whinge or say he’s entitled to play 1st grade or not wanting this team mate or that team mate? I only read what some wanker journo wrote & that was disputed by Schuster when he had a meeting with the club to deny he wanted out. Maybe get the facts straight before dumping on him.....the only ones that have said anything about wanting out are the media twats & people in here.
Mate for the last couple of months it seems like every second post is warning us he's out the door unless we do ABC and don't do XYZ. And that's not limited to Schuster threads, any thread will do.
I've never heard such whinging and carry on from a young bloke who is obviously talented but hasn't even made it through a single entire NRL game yet without coming down with a sore foot.
And as for wanker journos and posters here - where there's smoke there's fire!
And although I delight in making fun of the spelling errors and such, I concluded some time ago that our posters are a pretty knowledgeable bunch when it comes to footy.
Let the kid go, he can prosper like Fittler once did, it won't stop Manly being successful again. In fact I'm more worried that pandering to his sensitivities will leave us defenceless mentally, even if he goes on to a brilliant solo career. I'd prefer Manly to win.

Mate for the last couple of months it seems like every second post is warning us he's out the door unless we do ABC and don't do XYZ. And that's not limited to Schuster threads, any thread will do.
I've never heard such whinging and carry on from a young bloke who is obviously talented but hasn't even made it through a single entire NRL game yet without coming down with a sore foot.
And although I delight in making fun of the spelling errors and such, I concluded some time ago that our posters are a pretty knowledgeable bunch when it comes to footy.
Let the kid go, he can prosper like Fittler once did, it won't stop Manly being successful again. In fact I'm more worried that pandering to his sensitivities will leave us defenceless mentally, even if he goes on to a brilliant solo career. I'd prefer Manly to win.

There is no need to pander to demands when there are no demands being made by Josh.

Everything I hear about this kid is how impressive he is as an individual not just a player. The club are looking at him well past the two years remaining on his contract, and I would imagine that wouldn’t be the case if a 19 year old player was making demands. The club wouldn’t cop that no matter how much potential a player has.

It's kind of bizarre they're purging so many considering they came 3rd on the ladder at the end of the season.

Does it mean Arthur has NFI & is throwing the baby out with the bathwater or does it mean he actually has a clue & realises he can't win a premiership with his current squad, despite coming 3rd?
I think Arthur is getting desperate, there's some dissatisfaction in the front office about their ability to advance in the finals and Arthur is on thin ice, he's got a lot of problems and he's going to continue to buy his way out of them, i don't think he
I think it was his manager feeding the media, I don't think the kid actually said anything

As things stand at this very moment, and forgetting who we "might" sign before next year ... this is how I see us lining up in Round 1, 2021:

FB - Tom Trbojevic
WG - Tevita Funa
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Dylan Walker
WG - Reuben Garrick
FE - Kieran Foran
HB - Daly Cherry-Evans
PR - Taniela Paseka
HK - Cade Cust
PR - Martin Taupau
SR - Jack Gosiewski
SR - Curtis Sironen
LK - Jake Trbojevic

Bench - Josh Schuster, Sean Keppie, Hermole Olakau'atu, Morgan Boyle.

Suli and Jorge will still be on the injured list. If he's still at the club, Hopoate will be at Blacktown. And if he's fit, and given what we've already seen from Des, I'd expect at this stage that Jetski is the first cab off the rank to take Thommo's vacant back row spot.

As much as I'd like to see Jake moved to prop and either Siro or Schuster playing lock, I really can't see Des fiddling too much with the make up of the pack other than having to replace AFB, Levi and Thommo. Paseka is the logical choice to start in the front row. I really do think Des is playing smoke and mirrors with any talk of Foz being the dummy half and I can honestly see former junior #9 Cade Cust filling that role until (and if) Fainu returns to the side. And to that end I think Foz will, if fit, be the 5/8 which will move Walker back to the centres.

Other than Foz, right now none of the so far confirmed signings from other clubs really jump out and say "Pick me, I'm first grade".....
Got to say I have no idea how you have Brad Parker over Moses Suli. Parker has been one of our worst this season and doesn't have a 'ceiling' nearly as high as Suli's. Is Suli injured for round 1 or something? He has also been resigned for 550k... Des clearly rates him.

Other than that, and Schuster, I mainly agree. Get Boyle out of Manly tho. Plodder.

FB - Tom
WG - Funa
CE - Dylan
CE - Suli
WG - Garrick
FE - Schuster
HB - Cherry-Evans
PR - Paseka
HK - Cust
PR - Taupau
SR - Garner / Davey
SR - Sironen
LK - Jake

Bench - Foran, Keppie, Olakau'atu, Fainu (or if Garner signs, Davey)

Would really love a winger with this side.

There is no need to pander to demands when there are no demands being made by Josh.

Everything I hear about this kid is how impressive he is as an individual not just a player. The club are looking at him well past the two years remaining on his contract, and I would imagine that wouldn’t be the case if a 19 year old player was making demands. The club wouldn’t cop that no matter how much potential a player has.
Well if that's true then a lot of silvertailers have been running the kid down wrongly. Including me. I'll withdraw my comment and desist.
And concede that everywhere you see what looks like smoke, may not always be a fire. Damn those memes!
As a matter of fact, there's nothing I look forward to more next season than seeing him play for Manly, so thanks for the inside info.
My tip is he starts his NRL career at lock or centre. For Manly!

None of us have any inside knowledge of anything he has said except for his post! I’ll bet no one on Silvertails or in the media has actually heard any of the comments other than what they’ve read or made up. How can you make your mind up on hearsay? I’ll bet all this crap has come out to dramatise the Foran signing......anyway I’m sure he’ll be fine!

There was a kid playing for Manly in the centres quite a few years ago who was just a tad too slow. But a great tackler. So the coach team put a bit of beef on him in the offseason and then moved him into the 2nd row next season. Arguably the best 2nd rower we have ever had. His name was Terry Randall. I think Parker would excel in the 2nd row next year.
You can’t compare Parker to Terry Randall!
just sayin’

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8